* * * * - 3 votes

SHENMUE 3 with STEELBOOK $29.99 BESTBUY Win Price

#31 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:41 PM

You should go to the police and turn in the guy who put a gun to your head to pay 3 times the price to Kickstarter.

That's clever. I chose that tier because I wanted my name in the credits.

#32 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3734 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:14 AM

Seen it streamed on twitch, looks like a $19.99 with GCU game to me.

Shenmue is definitely an acquired taste. I bought the Shenmue Collection last year and Shenmue 1, while I can appreciate the influence it had on games like the Yakuza series, is one of the most boring games I've ever played. The game expects you to waste time doing side activities, which aren't very engaging for very long, between story beats since you can't advance time. They did add a time skip feature to Shenmue 2 so I might give that a try someday if I can ever force myself to finish the first game. 

#33 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5709 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:54 AM

Awe man, I kickstarted this for like $60 and only got a sleeve.  FML

#34 R_Fated_Circle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

R_Fated_Circle

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:53 AM

waiting for this to hit playstation plus free games

#35 jokoloko   sup CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

jokoloko

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:49 AM

Love the game so far. Totally worth it if you’re remotely into the series. The steelbook is pretty sweet too.

#36 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:21 AM

Shenmue is definitely an acquired taste. I bought the Shenmue Collection last year and Shenmue 1, while I can appreciate the influence it had on games like the Yakuza series, is one of the most boring games I've ever played. The game expects you to waste time doing side activities, which aren't very engaging for very long, between story beats since you can't advance time. They did add a time skip feature to Shenmue 2 so I might give that a try someday if I can ever force myself to finish the first game. 

Did you find some sailors?

#37 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:32 AM

Did you find some sailors?

Or how about game of Lucky Hit? Would you like to try a game of Lucky Hit?

#38 thevoiceover   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

thevoiceover

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:56 AM

So my kickstarter was supposed to include a toy capsule I never got, anyone know why? Who I should contact? I’m going to get this steel book either way.. yes KS team ripped us off , we helped this happen at least reward us..

#39 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:53 AM

The first game is very short, and once you get a job on the docks the pace quickens and becomes less tedious and boring. Keep at it, and eventually you'll enter a massive brawl fight, and its a good time.

So my kickstarter was supposed to include a toy capsule I never got, anyone know why? Who I should contact? I’m going to get this steel book either way.. yes KS team ripped us off , we helped this happen at least reward us..

This was mentioned already on the KS page, our rewards are coming at a future date. Hold tight just a bit longer, you won't have to pay any extra shipping. Rewards shipping separately from the game is fairly common when it comes to KS, nothing different here.

#40 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:01 PM

I already bought all the versions of the game, but I want the steel book as well.  Maybe they will still be available after the price eventually drops.

#41 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:19 PM

If anyone else wanted to get the steelbook and return the game, I wasn't able to. (Or I was, but the original price of the steelbook was taken out of the refund.)

I'm just gonna trade it in since it'll get me $25 with GCU.

#42 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1088 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:54 AM

Wow so I bought a copy of this on BBY.com a few days ago for the SB and chat won't PM the price... they're saying I can return it re-buy it on BF for that price, even though it's that price on the website right now. Dumb.

You do realize BB considers this part of Black Friday, and they don’t do any price matching for that.

I mean sure, why doesn’t everyone buy all their items a week early and then just ask for BF price matches. I’m sure all stores love that idea.

#43 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:03 AM

I'm upset. Lesson learned on supporting kick starter game's. My fault won't make the same mistake.

I need to be cheaper.

#44 goldenpp73   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

goldenpp73

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:46 AM

I'm upset. Lesson learned on supporting kick starter game's. My fault won't make the same mistake.

I need to be cheaper.

I understand it's frustrating but I mean, we helped make the game exist for our own sake, not because we felt bad for others. I have like 4 copies of Shenmue 3 and I put 300 bucks into my original contribution but I did that because I wanted the game to exist.

#45 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4091 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:29 AM

I understand it's frustrating but I mean, we helped make the game exist for our own sake, not because we felt bad for others. I have like 4 copies of Shenmue 3 and I put 300 bucks into my original contribution but I did that because I wanted the game to exist.

Thanks a lot. Didnt know it was from a Kickstarter project.

How is this game?

#46 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4008 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:32 AM

Exactly.  People need to realize the game might not exist if not for the kickstarter.  

#47 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24691 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:22 AM

You do realize BB considers this part of Black Friday, and they don’t do any price matching for that.

I mean sure, why doesn’t everyone buy all their items a week early and then just ask for BF price matches. I’m sure all stores love that idea.

Figured it was worth a shot- I know stores don't PM BF prices but it's not BF yet and they're calling it a pre-BF sale so figured it was worth a shot to save me a trip. But the reason why I called them dumb was because the rep said the price was only good on BF (as in the day of) even though the website was showing the sale price already active. Not sure he was seeing the same thing as I was on the website. 

#48 goldenpp73   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

goldenpp73

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:43 PM

Thanks a lot. Didnt know it was from a Kickstarter project.

How is this game?

It's good, but just like the original 2 it is a very acquired taste. 

#49 Keisu  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:04 PM

Returns:  IF you try to return the game without the steelbook they will charge you 20 dollars for the steelbook.

Price Match:  As of yesterday they stopped price matching until the 3rd of December.  Sunday before until the Monday after thanksgiving.  (I was trying to get them to price match my death stranding consoles.  Looks like I am just going to return them instead.)

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

Returns: IF you try to return the game without the steelbook they will charge you 20 dollars for the steelbook.

Price Match: As of yesterday they stopped price matching until the 3rd of December. Sunday before until the Monday after thanksgiving. (I was trying to get them to price match my death stranding consoles. Looks like I am just going to return them instead.)

I've mentioned this in another thread, but I was able to price match with no issues in store at BB. Not saying that it's the norm, but I was able to do so without hassle 🤷‍♂️

#51 Keisu  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:15 PM

I've mentioned this in another thread, but I was able to price match with no issues in store at BB. Not saying that it's the norm, but I was able to do so without hassle ‍♂

Lucky, I am going to go try in store today.  My axle broke in my car, so I spent all yesterday working on it and I just tried their online/phone support.

#52 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3216 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

Might bite if GCU worked.

#53 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

Yeah its a weird situation to be in. If we don't back it, the game doesn't exist. But if we back it, we don't get the best overall deal. The ultimate CAG conundrum! Though Kickstarter backers do get exclusive physical rewards and some exclusive DLC, which may not mean much to some folks.

#54 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4418 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:08 PM

Shenmue III is definitely worth a triple dip for me. Backed for $100 on KS, got a review code for digital, got the steelbook at launch, and now I've got the game in physical form with another steelbook.

#55 manigamer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

I saw shenmue 3 at my local bb for 34.99 right next to it were the steelbooks priced seperately for 19.99$. They weren't a package deal there

#56 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2614 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:26 PM

I saw shenmue 3 at my local bb for 34.99 right next to it were the steelbooks priced seperately for 19.99$. They weren't a package deal there

I believe there will be a bundle discount once you purchase both items on the same receipt.  The separate pricing is for individual sale.

#57 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

Steelbooks always have a separate non-bundle price. They will knock it down to $5-6 after the holidays if stores are still sitting on a lot because people didn't realize they were free with the game...

#58 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

Glad I didn't back it.

#59 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:01 AM

Happy Thanksgiving

#60 spiderman8576   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

spiderman8576

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:17 PM

Ordered this online but it is forcing me to pick up the steel book at a store?? Didnt see any other option for them to just ship it with the game