PS4 Pro DEATH STRANDING LE Console $299!

I want this, but it would be so stupid to buy since I already own a Pro. I almost wish I didn’t own a ps4, so I could buy this guilt free 😅

As someone who bought this at full retail... It's a really beautiful system. Maybe not for everyone but I absolutely love the look of the system. And as someone who only had a base PS4 before this, well worth the 4k(fake 4k) upgrade. Love the system and love the game.

Ah yeeah traded in my bo3 ps4 a few weeks back for $250 so upgrading to a ps4 pro for $50 is awesome thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
On one hand it’s 3/5 the cost of a PS5.

On the other, marks will end up buying it for $250 off you once it’s considered rare.

Ah yeeah traded in my bo3 ps4 a few weeks back for $250 so upgrading to a ps4 pro for $50 is awesome thanks
Was that some gamestop deal?

I am looking at purchasing a PS4 Pro Star Wars system used with two games on OfferUp for $250. This bundle will be about eighty or so dollars more with tax and I don't like it as much as the Star Wars version but still a good deal.

The controller seems to sell for $100+ on eBay, even though they might drop now. Just ordered one and plan to sell my regular PS4 Pro, even if I take a $50-$70 hit that’s worth the visual upgrade of the system and controller for me, plus I get to own the walking simulator, rented it and actually didn’t hate it, was 4-5 hours in before I returned it.

Someone should buy a used (complete) ps4 pro for like $250... hopefully.

hmmmm...should I sell my god of war ps4 pro for this? I think I could get a decent amount considering the controller is still brand new unused. 

I am looking at purchasing a PS4 Pro Star Wars system used with two games on OfferUp for $250. This bundle will be about eighty or so dollars more with tax and I don't like it as much as the Star Wars version but still a good deal.
A good way to look at it is used versus new and since the difference is $80 I would go with new.

Anyone know what the in store price for the Death Stranding PS4 Pro is at Best Buy? All other PS4 Pro's are $300 but can't check that one since it's delisted from their website.

Can't PM to anything at BB since they blocked doing so until Monday (after Black Friday) so trying to return and rebuy.

Anyone know what the in store price for the Death Stranding PS4 Pro is at Best Buy? All other PS4 Pro's are $300 but can't check that one since it's delisted from their website.

Can't PM to anything at BB since they blocked doing so until Monday (after Black Friday) so trying to return and rebuy.
I'm looking for the same. I'm debating running to my local BB and see if they have any of these on the shelf, but I don't know how rare that would be and what they would ring it up at.

If you got one at Bestbuy and is still within the return period. Go to bestbuy store and do a return/rebuy. A few people on SD confirmed they successfully did this as the Death stranding pro is $299 in their system as well. Except sold out.

Yes it was a gamestop deal. If you like the star wars design better get that, if you don't end up liking it I'm sure gamestop will have another trade in after holidays. The ps4 pro was trading in at $300.

If you got one at Bestbuy and is still within the return period. Go to bestbuy store and do a return/rebuy. A few people on SD confirmed they successfully did this as the Death stranding pro is $299 in their system as well. Except sold out.
good to know. may go give this a try

I'm tempted since I have a regular PS4, but I also put a 2 tb hd in mine so I would be upgrading graphics but downgrading storage capacity. Plus I barely touch it since I have the one x and the ps5 is coming next year. Think I answered my own question. Good talk boys.

Just got back from my store and they are refusing to price adjust or return/rebuy until Tuesday, after all the holidays are over. May try giving the support line a call but seems I may be out of luck

A good way to look at it is used versus new and since the difference is $80 I would go with new.
But it's not the Star Wars version.

Yes it was a gamestop deal. If you like the star wars design better get that, if you don't end up liking it I'm sure gamestop will have another trade in after holidays. The ps4 pro was trading in at $300.
Great deal. I didn't hear about that deal but I also didn't want a Pro whenever that deal was going on. I just decided on getting the Pro like 2 days ago. I do like that Star Wars Pro so I will probably just go buy that.

Just got back from my store and they are refusing to price adjust or return/rebuy until Tuesday, after all the holidays are over. May try giving the support line a call but seems I may be out of luck
That's what I was afraid of. I'm otw to a cluster of GS stores to try to adjust my pro so hopefully someone lets me. $100 off after a little over 2 weeks after release is no joke.

fuck it, I was in the market for a PS4 Pro so decided to pick one up.  This should hold a decent resale value too if I ever decide to get rid of it.

Jfc that was a mess. The SL absolutely refused to do the return at first but backed down after she saw I wasn't going to cave. I hate to strong arm any employees this time of year but she gave the excuse that 'the $300 price is only intended for the white consoles, no other pros'...despite the DS pro ringing up the same in the computer. Told her I could just return the console outright and buy one from Sony and she didn't like that idea so she gave in. Used some certs and ended up walking out with my $209.99 pro. It really doesn't have to be this hard, especially since the holiday return period is in effect. Sigh.

Jfc that was a mess. The SL absolutely refused to do the return at first but backed down after she saw I wasn't going to cave. I hate to strong arm any employees this time of year but she gave the excuse that 'the $300 price is only intended for the white consoles, no other pros'...despite the DS pro ringing up the same in the computer. Told her I could just return the console outright and buy one from Sony and she didn't like that idea so she gave in. Used some certs and ended up walking out with my $209.99 pro. It really doesn't have to be this hard, especially since the holiday return period is in effect. Sigh.
Yeah, I honestly don't understand these 'banner employees' that go out of their way to not give a valid deal. Not sure if it's brainwashing or personality, but some people just love to argue what they can and can't do. Trust me mr. not-paid-enough-to-care employee; everything can be done.

Yeah, I honestly don't understand these 'banner employees' that go out of their way to not give a valid deal. Not sure if it's brainwashing or personality, but some people just love to argue what they can and can't do. Trust me mr. not-paid-enough-to-care employee; everything can be done.
It's really insane. Usually that store is great and I spend a lot of money there, so no idea why they chose this as the hill to die on. It's literally in the return window and is literally $300 in store, why would it be a problem?
I want to do a return rebuy at GameStop but mine is open. Probably not worth the hassle.
Yeah you're probably screwed man. Might be worth a try if you don't mind arguing for 30 minutes.

Called BB and they're also refusing to do anything, so I was wondering. Does anyone understand Best Buy's return policy regarding opened consoles. I may just order another one of the consoles from Sony, and return my opened one as the way to get the extra $100 back. But it's opened and I've been playing it obviously. Any idea the policy on this? My other option is waiting as the sale at Sony is still ongoing on Tuesday once they're allowed to price adjust again and seeing if they'll do it then, but not sure I want to wait that long.

Called BB and they're also refusing to do anything, so I was wondering. Does anyone understand Best Buy's return policy regarding opened consoles. I may just order another one of the consoles from Sony, and return my opened one as the way to get the extra $100 back. But it's opened and I've been playing it obviously. Any idea the policy on this? My other option is waiting as the sale at Sony is still ongoing on Tuesday once they're allowed to price adjust again and seeing if they'll do it then, but not sure I want to wait that long.
You could always buy one from Sony & just return that sealed one to BB when it arrives.

EDIT: n/m, won't work.

I have these kind of situations often and usually go to a different location. If this exact situation happened I would have tried to reason with them like you did. Any idea why they care? It doesn’t change their income or their work metrics. I don’t get it.
I’ve never worked retail but I do bill customers for repairs and my main guideline is take care of the customer and don’t piss off the boss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a return/rebuy at GameStop today with no problems. I was friendly and chatty and the store leader was helpful. He looked up the price of the death stranding pro and said yup you’re right. It’s $300 now. He just needed the receipt which was great bc I didn’t want to lug the console from home. I got $100 back in trade credit. This is forking awesome!!!

Did a return/rebuy at GameStop today with no problems. I was friendly and chatty and the store leader was helpful. He looked up the price of the death stranding pro and said yup you’re right. It’s $300 now. He just needed the receipt which was great bc I didn’t want to lug the console from home. I got $100 back in trade credit. This is forking awesome!!!
Glad you posted. I’ll stop by my local store tomorrow with my receipt. I’m on good terms with the SL, so I shouldn’t have any issues.

bread's done
Back