* * * * * 1 votes

EON Super 64 & GCHD MK-II HDMI Adapters with 3 Free N64/GC Games at GameStop.com

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17824 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:19 PM

Super 64 with 3 free games
GCHD MK-II with 3 free games

Get up to 3 free Retro Nintendo 64 and GC Games with the purchase of a EON Super 64 or GCHD MK-II
HDMI Adapter! Valid Online ONLY! Add items to cart for discount.

Edit: added GCHD offer

#2 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

https://www.gamestop...r/11097385.html

Get up to 3 free Retro Nintendo 64 Games with the purchase of a EON Super 64 Nintendo 64 HDMI Adapter! Valid Online ONLY! Add items to cart for discount.

That's a pretty solid deal. As long as the N64 games are in stock and are not repros you can do very well with this deal

#3 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17824 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:28 PM

AS thorbahn pointed out on twitter, the free games can be quite expensive and you still get the deal

#4 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22946 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

The same deal is going on for the GC version, and I also think this is the 2nd version, which had some improvements over the original. 

https://www.gamestop....html?rrec=true

#5 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17824 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:37 PM

thanks..updating OP.

#6 hohle  

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

AS thorbahn pointed out on twitter, the free games can be quite expensive and you still get the deal

That's a fantastic deal. The EON adapter wouldn't be my first choice, but throw in games that are worth about the same and I'm sold.

#7 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22946 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:58 PM

I had the GC one in my cart but passed. I haven't had the best luck with GS and disc-based retro games. It really is a great deal though. 

#8 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2797 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:33 PM

That's a pretty solid deal. As long as the N64 games are in stock and are not repros you can do very well with this deal

yeah not being repros is the main thing here. i dont really trust gamestop to not send me things they couldn't tell were fakes

#9 WickedCyclone  

WickedCyclone

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

Tempted to get a GameCube one, but I have had to return almost all of the Cube games Iv'e ordered from them in the past because they didn't work.

#10 brando05  

brando05

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:36 PM

I got the 64 deal based solely on the fact that if I get any repro games, I'll just return the whole thing, and get my money back, and move on. My local gamestop is really good about refunds, I've gotten about 10-15 or so repro games over the past couple years, and never had issues with refunds. But If everything is good, even better.

#11 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3131 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:18 PM

Does the N64 version work with GameCube and SNES? Don't they all have the same AV cable port in the back?

I know there's a GameCube version, but $150 each seemed crazy to get more than 1.

#12 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2251 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:41 PM

Does the N64 version work with GameCube and SNES? Don't they all have the same AV cable port in the back?

I know there's a GameCube version, but $150 each seemed crazy to get more than 1.

The N64 version would theoretically work with the cube and snes, but it wont fit the snes due to the connector size I believe (Ive heard) it also doesnt fit the gamecube - but I have not tried. If you shaved down the plastic or whatever, it would fit all 3.

HOWEVER - dont be fooled. The n64 version only pulls Svideo so you are not getting a very good picture, I would say the n64 adapter is not worth owning at the 149.99 price point, it just doesnt do much.

The gamecube one is the one to own since it uses digital video straight from its Component out. In fact if anyone is still playing on an original cube, I cannot highly recommend this enough - it will literally blow you away with the picture. You wont believe its actually coming from a gamecube. The My life in Gaming guys did a video on it and actually found it has a cleaner picture than even the official GCN component cables.

Source: I actually own the N64 one, and both versions of the gamecube one because I am an idiot.

#13 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2251 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:46 PM

In fact I will say a few things about the GCN adapter as well:

1.) you can pair this with an mcable / mclassic and bump it up to 1080p to smooth out and make your games look truly incredible.

2.) the 2nd edition adapter (which is the only one being sold now) has component out via wii component cable and hdmi out, so you can use this both on modern displays and on CRTs to get the best cube picture possible. you can also output video to both at the same time using this method.

3.) it has built in menu for applying scanlines / line doublng etc. 

I bought my GCN adapter for $99.99 when it was on sale at gorilla games and I thought that was definitely worth it. If I didnt have it I would buy it right now with melee and some other expensive games to resell and essentially get the adapter free.

if you play gamecube, buy this adapter now.

#14 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1478 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:08 PM

Lol can I just return the adapter?

#15 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:14 PM

The same deal is going on for the GC version, and I also think this is the 2nd version, which had some improvements over the original.
https://www.gamestop....html?rrec=true

Getting this with chibi robo and Mario strikers was super tempting- chibi of course not in stock. I guess I should be thankful for that.

#16 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3131 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:10 PM

The N64 version would theoretically work with the cube and snes, but it wont fit the snes due to the connector size I believe (Ive heard) it also doesnt fit the gamecube - but I have not tried. If you shaved down the plastic or whatever, it would fit all 3.

HOWEVER - dont be fooled. The n64 version only pulls Svideo so you are not getting a very good picture, I would say the n64 adapter is not worth owning at the 149.99 price point, it just doesnt do much.

The gamecube one is the one to own since it uses digital video straight from its Component out. In fact if anyone is still playing on an original cube, I cannot highly recommend this enough - it will literally blow you away with the picture. You wont believe its actually coming from a gamecube. The My life in Gaming guys did a video on it and actually found it has a cleaner picture than even the official GCN component cables.

Source: I actually own the N64 one, and both versions of the gamecube one because I am an idiot.

Thanks for the info, bummer they can't make an all in one at that price, but sounds worth it for GameCube. I think the system I have currently is one of the revisions that doesn't have the digital out so I would have to get another system too.

#17 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:30 PM

Not that I have the money to blow on the GCN adapter, but I'm curious.  Is it a significantly better picture than just playing GC games on the Wii via component?  Because honestly, I think that still looks pretty good on my 1080p TV.

#18 stnkygrngo   CAGringo CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

stnkygrngo

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:02 PM

So whats up with audio?

Is it mixed onto the HDMI cable or is it separate since the GCN method was to use both sets of cables for a total of 5 for the component set up?

I am all for this but I'd hook it up to a bedroom tv, not the surround system in the living room. I don't believe I have the luxury of splitting inputs with this display.

#19 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2251 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:03 PM

Not that I have the money to blow on the GCN adapter, but I'm curious. Is it a significantly better picture than just playing GC games on the Wii via component? Because honestly, I think that still looks pretty good on my 1080p TV.

For most people, GameCube on wii via component is good enough.

Yes this is technically better as many have shown GameCube does component better than the wii.

And this is technically even better than the oem component cables.

One positive I would say is you can combine it with an Mcable or mclassic and at that point it definitely blows wii away.

Another point is the game boy player with game boy interface - something the wii cannot do. You can get pixel perfect 240p game boy games via hdmi / component.

TLDR: for most people, wii via component is just fine even knowing it’s not the best picture.

#20 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:04 PM

Not that I have the money to blow on the GCN adapter, but I'm curious.  Is it a significantly better picture than just playing GC games on the Wii via component?  Because honestly, I think that still looks pretty good on my 1080p TV.

Alternatively, you could hack a wiiu and play GameCube games through the HDMI port. I haven't tried it but the option of having GameCube, Wii, and wiiu on one system is pretty nice

#21 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2251 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:05 PM

So whats up with audio?

Is it mixed onto the HDMI cable or is it separate since the GCN method was to use both sets of cables for a total of 5 for the component set up?

I am all for this but I'd hook it up to a bedroom tv, not the surround system in the living room. I don't believe I have the luxury of splitting inputs with this display.

For the model 2 adapter (which these are):

audio comes through hdmi

If you want you can also hook up a wii component cable at the same time to it and you can get dual video output / sound.

#22 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 28 November 2019 - 05:39 PM

Lol can I just return the adapter?

Depends on the receipt breakdown, employee processing, and your personal tolerance for return fraud