Xbox One X for possible $189 (after Kohls Cash and CB) at Kohls - Star Wars, Gears, or NBA2K

scottman

CAGiversary!
I think this is the best deal you can get for an xbox one x right now, so it deserves its own thread:

To get full value, you need to be a kohls yes 2 you member and have a chase freedom card with unused 5% quarterly cash back left.

Xbox One X BF price is valid on Star Wars, Gears, and NBA2K bundles:

$350

- $105 kohls cash

- $17.50 kohls yes 2 you rewards

- 6% cash back site ($21)

- 5% department store chase freedom cashback ($17.50)

makes a possible $189 hand-wavey priced xbox one x console depending how you spend the kohls cash

star wars

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3985812/xbox-one-x-1tb-star-wars-jedi-bundle.jsp

Gears:

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3985813/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-gears-5-bundle.jsp

NBA2k20

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3985816/xbox-one-x-1tb-nba-2k20-gaming-console-bundle.jsp

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many hoops to jump through
If you have a use for kohls cash (video game hardware, lego, levis, nike, etc..), the other aspects aren't hoops if you are already signed up.

kohls cash and yes2you rewards is automatic. Cashback sites and visa card cashback should also be easy for anyone on a deal site.

Technically it’s $295 for an Xbox One X + $105 kohl’s cash. You’re forced to spend that Kohl’s cash and still be out $295 no matter what.

Technically it’s $295 for an Xbox One X + $105 kohl’s cash. You’re forced to spend that Kohl’s cash and still be out $295 no matter what.
If it was a wal-mart gift card or something, I'd consider that $105 same as actual cash in hand, because you can always use it to pay for groceries in a worst case scenario. In those cases, I think it's fair to deduct the "gift card" value when considering the deal math.

"Kohl's cash" obviously isn't so fungible. But I guess that's the point, otherwise they wouldn't be giving you $105. Still undeniably a slick deal, surely can at least take care of some Christmas gifts and/or household items with that $105.

It hardly gets any better than kohl’s cash. Contrary to popular gamers belief, buying your self new clothes and some cologne is a GOOD thing. Not everything related to a video game deal has to be spent on video games.

When I fill out my finances I just replace that $105 I spent on "video games" with whatever I spent the GC on. So if I buy clothes or gifts then the line item for my purchase (real money) indicates those categories. Yes it is fudging math but it is still somewhat valid. Just be sure you take that $105 and start what I call CAGception. Continue to get deals inside of deals until you do not know what is a real.

Just be sure you remember to use your kohl’s cash. I don’t even want to think about how much expired kohl’s cash I’ve got lying around the house.

How do you figure that?
At time of post, my Samsung Pay app had a 20% cash back for Kohls. So basically replace the 5% and 6% with 20% in OP's math.

You can also get Kohl's GCs at 10% off on there for more savings, but I think it required planning ahead for more than $10 savings there (up to $35). So I guess as low as $122.50 for a XBox X after all the promos using OP's CAGmath.

For anyone who bought this, you could use the $105 kohls cash now, and many of the BF prices are still valid.  $20 Fire Stick, $150 Echo Show 2nd gen, $50 echo show 5, etc....

Could get another $350 XbX or $199 Xbox One S bundle for $105 off.  Too bad the PS Pros and switches are sold out already.

bread's done
Back