DualShock 4 on Facebook Deals for $29.99, XB1 Controller $31.99

TuscaloosaJohnny

CAGiversary!
Sorry I don’t have links as I viewed on my FB app, but they’re selling these heavily discounted controllers. I believe it’s that Big Dog Retail that had the good deals last Black Friday.

Thanks OP! I'm gonna trust the people above and get a couple. Too good of a deal to pass up on. Comes in Red, Gold, Black and Camo for those interested.

Thanks OP! I'm gonna trust the people above and get a couple. Too good of a deal to pass up on. Comes in Red, Gold, Black and Camo for those interested.
If you don't mind fakes, you can get some really good high-quality ones on Aliexpress. They do most if not all of things a real DS4 controller does. Only costs about $15 shipped too.

Anyone else get charged weird amounts of tax for this? I noticed that I got charged 12% tax when I live in a 7% area. Any idea why this might be?

Anyone else get charged weird amounts of tax for this? I noticed that I got charged 12% tax when I live in a 7% area. Any idea why this might be?
I read on an SD thread that according to a rep from the seller, FB marketplace is charging tax on the full amount of the controller and that the seller has informed FB.

Edit: just realized it’s for a different seller in this thread. I was referring to Daily Steals. Maybe it’s the same issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
I read on an SD thread that according to a rep from the seller, FB marketplace is charging tax on the full amount of the controller and that the seller has informed FB.

Edit: just realized it’s for a different seller in this thread. I was referring to Daily Steals. Maybe it’s the same issue?
Report them to your state's department of revenue if they don't reduce the tax. There was a class action lawsuit here in PA because Walmart was charging tax on the original amount before the discount and wouldn't adjust it. I got a $77 gift card out of it.

The response I got to my sales tax inquiry:

"To bring great deals to you this holiday season, Facebook has provided additional limited-time discounts on select items, on top of the seller’s offer price; similar to a payment credit or gift card but funded by Facebook.

So, there is an additional Facebook discount that made the final price such a great deal on the item you purchased. Taxes on these items are calculated by applying your local tax rate to the seller’s price prior to any additional discounts from Facebook.

We are working on making this clearer in your Marketplace shopping experience and apologize for any confusion this might have caused."

Looks like I'll be reporting them to the state for overcharging sales tax.

Man, DailySteals is such a scam: its a data collection website that lures gamers into verifying their financials, with their identity, with their facebook, with their address, and whatever else they can find with you giving them such access.......i mean i have no concern, as i also dont use facebook, but the reason i never will sign up just for daily steals is because its a play on words, they calll it daily steals of facebook because they are LITERALLY STEALING YOUR INFO for a Daily Deal.....its not just a clever title, its actually them laughing at you everytime you buy a 50% off stolen EU version of whatever........

I have no problem with legit deals, but after I had a tranasaction or two go wrong with them, i looked into them, called their offices and Dana beach, i had some correspondences with them, and they literally had no explanation for their activity with my account, and then they finally cancelled an order that was placed, then they charged me again.....then when I contacted them with screenshots and paypal id and transactions, they pretended they had no clue what i was talking about: then I showed them my live CC screenshot of the pending charges, identical from their company and the charge amounts, they stopped talking to me for the day.....the next day they said we cant find a record of this so we cannot fulfill your order....then my CC company texted me (after the fraud alert) that the merchant cancelled the order.......weirdest thing ever...so i dont even try using throw aways as they cancel....so just know they are a daily deal company that steals your info , you dont know what your giving them really.....FWIW IMHO just my two cents

It is true: orders are fulfilled and you get the products, but at the same time, there are some suspicious things and I know for sure, they aren't transparent with their procedures and privacy policy.

Report them to your state's department of revenue if they don't reduce the tax. There was a class action lawsuit here in PA because Walmart was charging tax on the original amount before the discount and wouldn't adjust it. I got a $77 gift card out of it.
So what do you do in the meantime? Do I have any course of action to get the correct tax charged? It was paid via Paypal, I think.

The response I got to my sales tax inquiry:

"To bring great deals to you this holiday season, Facebook has provided additional limited-time discounts on select items, on top of the seller’s offer price; similar to a payment credit or gift card but funded by Facebook.

So, there is an additional Facebook discount that made the final price such a great deal on the item you purchased. Taxes on these items are calculated by applying your local tax rate to the seller’s price prior to any additional discounts from Facebook.

We are working on making this clearer in your Marketplace shopping experience and apologize for any confusion this might have caused."

Looks like I'll be reporting them to the state for overcharging sales tax.
Sounds like complete bullshit. I would think that it doesn't matter what goes on behind the scene, the customer should be charged tax ONLY on their final purchase price.

Sounds like complete bullshit. I would think that it doesn't matter what goes on behind the scene, the customer should be charged tax ONLY on their final purchase price.
It is and its illegal in my state. They can only charge tax after the discounts. They listed it as a price reduction, not a "gift card."

Man this place is starting to sound a lot like SD. Only there (or so I thought) would people complain about getting charged 4% more tax on a new controller that's selling for 25% less than anywhere else

It is and its illegal in my state. They can only charge tax after the discounts. They listed it as a price reduction, not a "gift card."
Well, that is what all of the cell phone companies do when they give you a "free" phone. It's probably a bit different because they are giving you bill credits for the cost of the phone, but the point is that you pay tax on the $900 or so cost of the phone originally, even though it is "free".

Well, that is what all of the cell phone companies do when they give you a "free" phone. It's probably a bit different because they are giving you bill credits for the cost of the phone, but the point is that you pay tax on the $900 or so cost of the phone originally, even though it is "free".
No its not the same thing. Bill credits are received in installments and they tell you this at time of purchase. This actually showed the sale price as $37.99 and they didnt tell us that they were paying the seller something. Even such, eBay does this all the time without charging us extra sales tax. This is akin to an eBay coupon

Man this place is starting to sound a lot like SD. Only there (or so I thought) would people complain about getting charged 4% more tax on a new controller that's selling for 25% less than anywhere else
Wow, are you missing the point. It is an illegal overcollection of state tax. Think it through just a little bit: not the 4% more this one person paid, but how much money IN TOTAL they will collect - money which should not be going to them OR the state.

Wow, are you missing the point. It is an illegal overcollection of state tax. Think it through just a little bit: not the 4% more this one person paid, but how much money IN TOTAL they will collect - money which should not be going to them OR the state.
Do you work for a watchdog group? If not, report them and move on. It's a still a good deal. Let's not play the holier than thou game until the end of time, with the false outrage of paying $10 less than anywhere else

Ugh. No one's "playing holier-than-thou". This is something perfectly reasonable to be upset about, whether or not it's important enough for you.

Recieved all dualshock controllers. I must say the purple is by far my favorite of this generations dualshock 4 along with blue camo

bread's done
Back