* * * * - 5 votes

Best Buy Cyber Monday 2019 Deals (Yes, GCU stackable)

switch gcu ps4 xb1 blackfridayhangover

#121 io   ... Super Moderators   24749 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:28 AM

My GCU expires in just a few days.  My last hurrah was re-ordering most of the stuff I got for BF with additional 20% off.

A question: where do you see the expiration date of your GCU?  I swear I saw it just last week and now I can't find it anywhere in my account.

#122 Awkward Silence  

Awkward Silence

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:46 AM

My GCU expires in just a few days. My last hurrah was re-ordering most of the stuff I got for BF with additional 20% off.

A question: where do you see the expiration date of your GCU? I swear I saw it just last week and now I can't find it anywhere in my account.

On the mobile app you access it by going to Profile, then Rewards. It’s right below the Best Buy Elite/Elite Plus spending bar.

#123 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   651 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:51 AM

I tried to do a return rebuy today at bestbuy and I was denied I was told I could return but I couldn't rebuy the copy I was returning I was told I would have to rebuy the game online or buy an in store copy did any one have this problem 

#124 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:03 AM

I tried to do a return rebuy today at bestbuy and I was denied I was told I could return but I couldn't rebuy the copy I was returning I was told I would have to rebuy the game online or buy an in store copy did any one have this problem 

Should have unfortunately asked for a manager and plead your case.

#125 Opelousai  

Opelousai

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:14 AM

Bestbuy customer service has been shitty lately. I have called twice to try to get Medievil price adjusted since it is within my return window. Customer service over the phone told me they wont do it, and i should just return and rebuy.....

#126 io   ... Super Moderators   24749 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:19 AM

I just bought stuff again and will return the others later.  So much less hassle.

#127 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21058 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:23 AM

To summarize: those employees were assholes

#128 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:24 AM

Got my Shenmue debacle sorted out, mostly. I stuck to the plan of returning my original copy and buying a different in-store copy. But they couldn't resist one last Screw You..

I tried to use my birthday 10% off coupon that I just got, but it wouldn't work; cashier told me that it often doesn't work on "deeply discounted items."

#129 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8355 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:41 AM

Tempted to get Octopath Traveler, but I'm pretty certain I don't have enough free time to enjoy it.

It's a great game. I put 120 hours into it before I stopped playing it. I wasn't able to defeat the optional end game boss, but that's OK. It was one of the Switch games that I would bring to work to grind out character levels.

#130 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8355 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:50 AM

How do returns/rebuys work when you used reward certificates on an order? Got one that I’d like to return and rebuy to use the GCU discount and one that’s actually cheaper on the Eshop, but reward certificates were used on them. From what it looks like the reward certificates were kinda spread equally across the entire order, so if I were to return an item would I get that portion of the reward certificate back as well or do I just lose out on that amount?

I've done this many times so I'll try to explain it. I recently ordered Shenmue 3 with my $15 certificate before the GCU discount applied. I also bought Days Gone last week, and I wanted to return/rebuy that. I returned Days Gone. Then I returned Shenmue 3 with Steelbook. Before hitting total, mention that you want to exchange game 1 (with certificates) towards another item. After GCU, Days Gone was $15.99 so the points should've applied. The cashier didn't put my phone number in for GCU so he did a price adjustment afterwards, and $4.99 went back to my card. If you return an item with certificates without exchanging it, the certificates will be refunded to your account. If you return an item with certs, they'll get distributed evenly across multiple items. I hope that makes sense.

#131 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3637 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:24 AM

Ordered Spider-Man GOTY this morning for $12.83 after GCU and tax, and traded in the base game for $9.90 after GCU 10% bonus. So I will be getting the season pass for $3 ^^

I assumed the base game would trade in for almost nothing so I didn't even bother to check and just got the season pass from the PSN sale.

Anyway, picked up Fallout 4 GOTY, Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition, Mutant Year Zero Deluxe Edition and Valkyria Chronicles 4 (all for PS4) along with John Wick 3 on Blu-Ray. Glad I waited for Cyber Monday and the ability to use GCU even though I'm a bit disappointed Man of Medan didn't go back on sale.

#132 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:04 AM

My GCU expires in 2023. I stacked multiple when they had the cellphone deal where you could buy a cheap $5 item and get gcu for free. Of course I doubt they'll honor it that long but maybe. A guy on reddit was good until 2026.

that's a throwback, to like 2014 I believe. I'm good through December 2020, then I will be sad

#133 BasilZero   Retribution CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:28 AM

I ordered 3 games (Nier GOTY, Spiderman GOTY, and Yakuza 2 Steelbook) from Best Buy on Nov 24.

It says package will arrive Nov 30th but I still havent received it.

I'm afraid I will lose my order....

#134 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   364 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:20 AM

I ordered 3 games (Nier GOTY, Spiderman GOTY, and Yakuza 2 Steelbook) from Best Buy on Nov 24.

It says package will arrive Nov 30th but I still havent received it.

I'm afraid I will lose my order....

Yeah man, sometimes folks by them up in store and you have to hold tight onto that order number to assure it gets to you eventually. 

#135 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14666 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:28 AM

I just bought stuff again and will return the others later.  So much less hassle.

Yeah, unfortunately this is the easiest route rather than the uphill battle against Best Buy crusaders of justice. TBH, I might just straight up return a couple of the games I got on sale since my backlog is so full right now. Not exactly dying to play DQB2 or Ghost Recon. Wasn't paying attention yesterday when these were all on sale with GCU and many are just plain sold out now or not on sale anymore so meh.

#136 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:34 AM

Yeah, unfortunately this is the easiest route rather than the uphill battle against Best Buy crusaders of justice. TBH, I might just straight up return a couple of the games I got on sale since my backlog is so full right now. Not exactly dying to play DQB2 or Ghost Recon. Wasn't paying attention yesterday when these were all on sale with GCU and many are just plain sold out now or not on sale anymore so meh.

Yeah there's stuff that's a pretty good deal since I have GCU, but my backlog is so full and I can wait for another sale / price drops. Especially going off of how I just noticed I have Nier Automata unopened from last Cyber Monday, I'll hold off on buying more games haha

#137 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15657 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:26 AM

Doh - would have bought Salt and Sanctuary.

#138 io   ... Super Moderators   24749 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:49 AM

that's a throwback, to like 2014 I believe. I'm good through December 2020, then I will be sad

That's what I did.  But unfortunately I was being a little bit too much of a cheapass and didn't stack as much as I should have.  I think I have less than a week left.  At that point Best Buy will become almost useless to me.  Going forward it will just be BF sales and nothing else.

Yeah there's stuff that's a pretty good deal since I have GCU, but my backlog is so full and I can wait for another sale / price drops. Especially going off of how I just noticed I have Nier Automata unopened from last Cyber Monday, I'll hold off on buying more games haha

I hear you.  I bought Nier Automata this week but I looked over in the corner of my office and I still had a Target bag from last BF with Final Fantasy XV Royal and Monster Hunter World in it.  Not only did I never open them, I didn't even take them out of the freakin' bag.

Edit: As for my GCU, yeah, app shows it clearly.  And I swear it used to show there on the web site too but it is just blank now.  I only have it till Dec. 11... End of an era...

#139 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:51 AM

I bought my wife Just Dance 2020 a few weeks ago for a Christmas gift. It went on sale for BF and so I bought it again. It was still on sale and GCU worked on Sunday so I bought it again. I have to return the first two copies.

#140 3rdbass   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:58 AM

How TF are people live for GCU through 2022? Did they just happen to get lucky and buy 2 year memberships the week before the turned them off?

You can stack the membership. I did the $5 dollar cell phone things and got like 6 years stacked(3x2). Mine doesn't end until next November 2020. I wish I did another and went through 2022.

#141 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1708 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:53 PM

Can someone link me the general gcu pre order thread? Can't find it through search. Want to read up on discussion s concerning cyberpunk and doom. Also noticed persona 5 royal is now listed on bb. Any chance of $10 cert for that?

#142 chibuki   μ's Music Start! CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

I didn't know there was still a way to get GCU and seems I missed out on that train. What's this sim card thing people talk about? Never did get a farewell email from them with a 20% off coupon either.

#143 Touch3  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:19 PM

Can someone link me the general gcu pre order thread? Can't find it through search. Want to read up on discussion s concerning cyberpunk and doom. Also noticed persona 5 royal is now listed on bb. Any chance of $10 cert for that?

I think you're looking for: https://www.cheapass...ard-wpre-order/

I didn't know there was still a way to get GCU and seems I missed out on that train. What's this sim card thing people talk about? Never did get a farewell email from them with a 20% off coupon either.

There hasn't been a way to get GCU since May 2018.  People are reminiscing about stacking a deal that was active way back in the day where you got free/cheap GCU with a cell phone purchase.

#144 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2480 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:16 PM

Bought Battlefield 5 vanilla edition, but the bb.com boxart mentioned Firestorm. Looks like Firestorm's a free DLC. Is that right?

#145 SargeSmash   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

SargeSmash

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:14 PM

Surprisingly, I didn't buy a ton this year from BB. I got Spider-Man: GOTY and Guacamelee One-Two Punch.

It's definitely going to be a bummer when my GCU expires on the 27th.

#146 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5989 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:25 PM

has anyone ever had best buy give product early. some reason my black friday order was not ready for pickup until 12/7 but the store has item in stock i wonder if they will give me my product if i go to strore

#147 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4361 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:58 PM

I’ve went in and they’ve pulled my order for me. It was a hassle but they would probably do it for you.

#148 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:00 AM

Bought Battlefield 5 vanilla edition, but the bb.com boxart mentioned Firestorm. Looks like Firestorm's a free DLC. Is that right?

Firestorm is the battle royale mode.  It will automatically update to include it when you download the latest patch.

#149 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   769 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted Yesterday, 02:25 AM

has anyone ever had best buy give product early. some reason my black friday order was not ready for pickup until 12/7 but the store has item in stock i wonder if they will give me my product if i go to strore

I tried once, the one I ordered was being shipped to the store, and they said they couldn’t just give me the copy on the shelf. It might have had to do with low stock, only one available in store. I had only chosen that allocation because they had it in stock to begin with.

So the employee canceled my online for pickup order and rang it up as a separate purchase.

This was unrelated to Black Friday, so separate rules may apply if this is a sale deal.