* * * - - 2 votes

Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Target on Games and Activity Toys

#1 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:07 AM

I don't know if this is really a deal as most titles are MSRP but you may luck out depending on which games you want.

In store and online: www.target.com

Buy 2 get 1 free on select board games, video games and toy activity sets. Add all items to cart to receive discount. Discount applied at checkout. Not valid on previous orders. Lowest-priced item will be free. Offer excludes items sold & shipped by Target Plus™ 3rd Party Partners, Pre-order video games, Bulleye's Playground and clearance. Quantities limited. Discount not applicable to gift wrap, tax, or shipping and handling charges. If a qualifying item in your order is returned, refund value will be reduced by the prorated discount amount of the item. Pricing, promotions and availability may vary by location and on Target.com. Offer expires 12/7/2019 at 11:59pm PT.

#2 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:14 AM

Website is live now.

Edit: Just checked to see if the 20% off coupon stacks, and it does. Could be a good day for some people!

#3 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:18 AM

At least a pre order works for nioh 2 b2g1.saw 1 or 2 things I might want but I can’t spend anymore :( if last of us 2 was eligible, I’d definitely give in lol

#4 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:21 AM

At least a pre order works for nioh 2 b2g1.saw 1 or 2 things I might want but I can’t spend anymore :( if last of us 2 was eligible, I’d definitely give in lol

What else is on your list to get that’s currently out (now or eventually)?

#5 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:22 AM

Just dance 2017 for $40... Wow.

#6 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, Target’s not doing people favors on some game prices, but it does look like some titles that have avoided deep discounts so far this shopping season (Star Wars, Death Stranding) are included in the B2G1 promotion (at least at this point), so there could be opportunity there for CAGs to score them for roughly $30.xx dollars apiece, if you have the 20% coupon and a REDcard (which, all things considered, isn’t too bad for games that have hardly been out a month).

#7 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:28 AM

What else is on your list to get that’s currently out (now or eventually)?

Last of us 2 (either special edition or collectors), Yakuza remastered collection, cyberpunk, dbz kakarot (pre ordered for $40) One punch man, FFV remake special edition I guess, My hero ones justice 2, Avengers, dying light 2, doom eternal and ghost of Tsushima. I’m sure there are other ones Im just forgetting right now. Oh and I wonder if dead island 2 will ever come out lol

#8 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:31 AM

Last of us 2 (either special edition or collectors), Yakuza remastered collection, cyberpunk, dbz kakarot (pre ordered for $40) One punch man, FFV remake special edition I guess, My hero ones justice 2, Avengers, dying light 2, doom eternal and ghost of Tsushima. I’m sure there are other ones Im just forgetting right now. Oh and I wonder if dead island 2 will ever come out lol

Good list of upcoming stuff there in 2020. Are you up to date as far as things that you want that are already out now?

#9 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:34 AM

Good list of upcoming stuff there in 2020. Are you up to date as far as things that you want that are already out now?

Yeah, there are some games I’m interested in but not that interested in getting rn cuz my backlog is real. I’d say the only one that really interests me right now is Jedi fallen order since I heard it’s good and has some tomb raider, uncharted elements in it. I can definitely wait tho. I’m still busy with death stranding and haven’t even played the games I got from GameStop b2g1 with cag16

#10 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:42 AM

This sale is for Saturday only so just keep an eye out for any price drops. This also works in-store so if you can get something price matched at a lower price it could be beneficial. The only problem is that the lowest priced item is what you get for free.

#11 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:53 AM

This sale is going to go well with the 50% off deals that are already active in most stores too. For instance, earlier this week I picked up Soul Calibur VI, We Happy Few, and Dark Souls Remastered on the PS4 for $9.99 apiece. With the B2G1 stack in effect today, that would bring the cost of those games down to roughly $6.66 each (and that’s before REDcard). Obviously a good opportunity for those who might want some older games too, if they can get to a physical location (or two) today.

Edit: for clarity.

#12 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:43 AM

This sale is going to go well with the 50% off deals that are already active in most stores too. For instance, earlier this week I picked up Soul Calibur VI, We Happy Few, and Dark Souls Remastered on the PS4 for $9.99 apiece. With the B2G1 stack in effect today, that would bring the cost of those games down to roughly $6.66 each (and that’s before REDcard). Obviously a good opportunity for those who might want some older games too, if they can get to a physical location (or two) today.

Edit: for clarity.

Those are just about the only 3 games on sale. And they are incredibly YMMV. This B2G1 is basically a bust especially after last week.

#13 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:48 AM

Website is live now.
Edit: Just checked to see if the 20% off coupon stacks, and it does. Could be a good day for some people!

Where is the 20% coupon ?

#14 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:20 AM

Where is the 20% coupon ?

It was a promotion back on Black Friday, where if you purchased $50 worth of goods from either a Target store or Target.com, you would get a coupon for 20% off a future transaction (good between December 3-14). For people who still have those coupons, it stacks on top of the pro-rated discount of the B2G1 today and drops the price by potentially another $24 (if it’s just used for three $60 games).

I used one of my coupons this morning to get rarer physical copies of games that aren’t sold in any Target store (saved about $45 after the B2G1, 20% off, and REDcard), and I will probably use the other on a combination of items later today (including three $60 games, if I can find them all together).

Even without the coupon though, it might still be worth checking out what discounted games they have in store if a Target is nearby. Some have put out bins of assorted games that according to other posts elsewhere aren’t being tracked by Brickseek.

Happy hunting!

#15 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

It was a promotion back on Black Friday, where if you purchased $50 worth of goods from either a Target store or Target.com, you would get a coupon for 20% off a future transaction (good between December 3-14). For people who still have those coupons, it stacks on top of the pro-rated discount of the B2G1 today and drops the price by potentially another $24 (if it’s just used for three $60 games).
I used one of my coupons this morning to get rarer physical copies of games that aren’t sold in any Target store (saved about $45 after the B2G1, 20% off, and REDcard), and I will probably use the other on a combination of items later today (including three $60 games, if I can find them all together).
Even without the coupon though, it might still be worth checking out what discounted games they have in store if a Target is nearby. Some have put out bins of assorted games that according to other posts elsewhere aren’t being tracked by Brickseek.
Happy hunting!

Damn I bought a ton of stuff from Target but it was on Thanksgiving not on Friday

#16 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:33 PM

What do I want? Astral Chain.

What's not eligible? Astral Chain.

#17 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6895 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:41 PM

Is the deal active in store?

#18 Tardcore   CAG Platinum+ Member CAGiversary!   747 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:01 PM

What do I want? Astral Chain.

What's not eligible? Astral Chain.

When do we want it? Astral Chain.

#19 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:09 PM

any good sets of preorders that work with this?

#20 DaBears34yo  

DaBears34yo

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:17 PM

Some of the prices are hilarious:

Alekhine's Gun $49.99 (terrible game)

Mass Effect: Andromeda $39.99 (way over priced)

AI: The Somnium Files Limited Edition $89.99 (that's the price of 9 game haul for a cagger)

Just a few I spotted lol.

#21 splattered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   606 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

splattered

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:25 PM

Crap I spent well over $50 on Target.com on the 27th for baby items... and then again on Dec 2nd. Totally missed the 20% coupon and didn't even know about it :(

#22 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:45 PM

So most of the stuff I’m interested are out of stock or not available for store pick up :(

#23 ryano9929  

ryano9929

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:43 PM

Digital games don’t count right?

#24 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

Best deals are in store.  Especially with the 20% off coupon applied.  Trust me.

#25 kearns710   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

kearns710

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:30 PM

Got Star Wars, death stranding and COD for about $27 each after B2G1, BF coupon, red card, and employee discount 👌🏼

#26 LannistersDebt  

LannistersDebt

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:34 PM

YMMV but I got SoulCalibur VI (PS4), dark souls remastered (PS4), and MXGP Pro (XO) for $20.xx after b2g1 and red card ($9.99 each). Traded them into GameStop for $44.70 after pro an $5 extra per game promo. Soul Calibur was actually $19.49 online but was only 9.99 in store.

#27 Camm  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:58 PM

Edit: read that wrong, my bad.

#28 y2kbug77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

y2kbug77

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:06 PM

These deals never working with first party switch games is starting to get real old.
Edit: It works on a couple of them, but none of the ones you'd really want.

#29 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:39 PM

Deal is a no go on pre-order. Shenmue 3 is $35 on Amazon for those that want to PM some deals

#30 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:55 PM

Hmm...looking hard at Death Stranding, Modern Warfare and Fallen Order.  But am also tempted to swap one out for Daemon X Machina since bigger Switch releases tend to not fall down in price often or even for that much.  Is it worth doing so and, if so, for which title?  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance for any advice.