* * * - - 2 votes

Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Target on Games and Activity Toys

#31 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2423 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:58 PM

There are a handful of preorders available for this sale, but it's games like Digimon Survive, Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories, Gods & Monsters, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4, Outriders and a few others. Nioh 2: Special Edition sold out.

#32 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:32 PM

Yup if ur gonna get on this deal, better get death stranding Jedi fallen order and modern warfare. Those won’t go down in price for a while

#33 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15039 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:18 PM

These deals never working with first party switch games is starting to get real old.
Edit: It works on a couple of them, but none of the ones you'd really want.

The workaround is to buy something you don't want, then exchange it for a Switch game later. If they wanna hassle you about pricing, just do a no-receipt exchange at another Target and call it a day.

So for me I ordered 2x Death Stranding for store pickup (before they disabled it I think) and one for shipping. Stacked the B2G1 with 20% BF coupon and Red Card for roughly $30 a game. Gonna swap a copy for Luigi's Mansion later on. Seeing as both of these games have never been on sale that I can tell (outside of ordering imported copies), I'd say that's pretty slick.

Also, the BF 20% off coupon can be used once online, once in-store. Doesn't matter which order you do it in, just make sure you keep a picture of the coupon in case they collect it from you in the store since you only need the code for online.

#34 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:55 PM

When do we want it? Astral Chain.

I'll do you one better: why is Astral Chain?

#35 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:58 PM

Dont even know how this thread is still up. Again, this is a non-deal.

#36 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:10 PM

It's only a non-deal coming after Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

#37 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:37 PM

Papa Amazon is also doing a buy 2 get 1 free on selected games.

The only problem is that selection is way shorter than target but at least have some stock. Death stranding, Star Wars Jedi fallen order and resident evil triple pack for switch are a few examples.

Also they have xenoblade chronicles 2 in stock for $99 (also part of the buy 2 get 1 free)
For the complete list of items go here:
https://www.amazon.c..._A1FC8JL46J84UZ

#38 Klatchiansteel   Gump CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Klatchiansteel

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:59 PM

Death Stranding, Jedi Whatever, and Bayonetta 2 for $105 after everything and I can't convince myself to do it.  Ehhhhh.

#39 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4305 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:06 AM

Black Friday and Cyber Monday/week ruin a lot of subsequent sales as they just do not compare with those prices.

#40 Tarantino   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Tarantino

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:49 AM

It's only a non-deal coming after Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

I got a 3 $20 board games for $40 total, so it's not that bad. Just not great for video games.

#41 CHAZ934  

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:28 AM

Hmm...looking hard at Death Stranding, Modern Warfare and Fallen Order. But am also tempted to swap one out for Daemon X Machina since bigger Switch releases tend to not fall down in price often or even for that much. Is it worth doing so and, if so, for which title? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Modern Warfare is $40 right now and DS and Jedi will be soon enough as well

#42 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:34 AM

Modern Warfare is $40 right now and DS and Jedi will be soon enough as well

As far as I know, MW is not $40 anywhere right now.  It was $40 during BF/Cyber Monday at a number of retailers and $38 at at least a couple of retailers, actually.  However, if you have the 20% off BF coupon it stacks with the B2G1.  So for those who do have that these B2G1 are are actually pretty good deals if you can find the right combination of titles you like and plan on playing them relatively soon.

#43 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:36 AM

There are a handful of preorders available for this sale, but it's games like Digimon Survive, Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories, Gods & Monsters, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4, Outriders and a few others. Nioh 2: Special Edition sold out.

None of those titles interests me. Cyberpunk, The Last of US 2, and FF 7 remake are not part of this promo which is a big let down

#44 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15039 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:32 AM

As far as I know, MW is not $40 anywhere right now.  It was $40 during BF/Cyber Monday at a number of retailers and $38 at at least a couple of retailers, actually.  However, if you have the 20% off BF coupon it stacks with the B2G1.  So for those who do have that these B2G1 are are actually pretty good deals if you can find the right combination of titles you like and plan on playing them relatively soon.

GameStop has it on PC for $39.99 right now.

#45 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:33 AM

Yeah, totally get that after Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday, some of these deals might pale in comparison, but there were still some decent finds out there if people went store hopping or looked for more specific things online. As a result of this stacking deal with the B2G1, 50% off, the 20% off Black Friday coupon, and REDcard, I picked up We Happy Few, Soul Calibur VI, and Dark Souls Remastered for right at $6.30 apiece. I doubt I would get a better deal on new copies at any other point this year (Black Friday/Cyber Monday included). I also scored physical copies of Frostpunk: Console Edition, Slay the Spire, and Children of Morta (all PS4) for just under $50 before tax. So for roughly $70 (+ tax), I managed to pick up six games that had been in my wish list for a bit, some of whom I might not have been able to get physically cheaper in new condition perhaps ever. Totally happy with the high $11.xx average per new game.

Also, while out today, I did note that not all Target stores had the cardboard bins out, but those that did still had a few gems here and there. For instance, at one store there were multiple copies of Far Cry 5 Gold Edition for PS4, which was $29.99 with the current 50% off deal. However, with the B2G1 stack active today (and if paired with other games at the same price point), the price would have come down to $20, and that’s even before the possibility of having a 20% off coupon or REDcard. With the full stacks (20% coupon/REDcard included), the price would have been $15. Granted, the game’s older and has had good digital sales in the past, but the prospect of a new physical edition with the steelbook for that price still seems like a good deal for those who might be late to the game.

Long story short, some deals are in the eye of the beholder, and not all deals can be all things to all people. That said, hopefully there were others who found themselves similarly rewarded if they took the time to visit a few stores and capitalize.

Edit: clarity

#46 CHAZ934  

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:19 AM

As far as I know, MW is not $40 anywhere right now. It was $40 during BF/Cyber Monday at a number of retailers and $38 at at least a couple of retailers, actually. However, if you have the 20% off BF coupon it stacks with the B2G1. So for those who do have that these B2G1 are are actually pretty good deals if you can find the right combination of titles you like and plan on playing them relatively soon.

Modern Warfare was $40 on Amazon all day yesterday. I think the price went up to $50 as of now though.

#47 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:08 PM

As I stated in the initial post it depended on what games you would be interested in and this applied to more than just video games. Not the best sale with games having gone back to MSRP in a lot of cases, but depending on the store and what was available you could have lucked out. 

I went to a local Target Saturday night but nothing was on sale game wise. They didn't even have anything indicating B2G1. The selection was lacking as well, and I might have bit on SoulCalibur VI if it was cheap but I didn't see any anywhere. There is another Target not too far away but I didn't bother going.

Both Walmart and my Targets locally are generally shit. Hopefully some others lucked out online or in-store with their 20% off coupon. Some people on Twitter seemed to benefit.

As a side note Target has 10% off gift cards both online and in-store today only 12/8. You are able to use the cards starting on December 9th and there is a $300 limit.

#48 Jardarpp  

Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:23 PM

Man, I whiffed on this one. I thought the deal started today and went through the week (like other b2g1 target deals). Still ended up with Bayonetta 2 for $25 after a $5 off code though.

#49 io   ... Super Moderators   24779 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:54 AM

Epic fail for me too.  Went there late tonight with my wife planning to maximize our 20% off coupon and get Jedi Order for my son for Christmas.  I just had it in my mind this must be the weekly deal since it's usually that way, right?  Guy at the game counter had no idea what I was talking about and referenced the $50 gift card deal instead.  I checked CAG and found it was just on Saturday.  He had no idea there had been a B2G1 at all.

Ended up with just a copy of Uncharted The Lost Legacy for $5.98 ($4.61 after 20% off coupon) as a consolation prize.  Spent $360 more on household junk.

#50 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:22 AM

Here is the current offer:

https://www.target.c...Free50giftcardw

Very limited games I know but gamestop has The division 2 for $11.99 for Xbox One and PS4

https://www.gamestop...2/10167228.html

and Breakpoint for Xbox One and PS4 $19.99

https://www.gamestop...t/10176932.html

Now this is YMMV but I was able to PM those gamestop games and get the giftcard. The only problem was the first 2 reps over chat said no and the 3rd guy was willing to do it but after 30 min of going back and forth, I double checked with him 5 times that I would only be charged $31.98 plus tax and I would get the $50 gift card and he said yes just give me the order number and winded up only discounting me $35.10 and charging me $85.45. I told him right away and he typed that with my $50 gift card, it's like me only being charged $31.98 plus tax. Anyway, that went nowhere so I called up customer service and after 50 min and being disconnected, he finally took another 50.92 cents off so my total charged to my Target card is $34.54. I believe I get the gift card when the games ship out so I will update here if I do in fact get the card emailed to me but I am sure I will.

My 20% off code would not work with this offer. I ended up using it on a PSVR game.