* * * * * 1 votes

(Glitch?) Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $0.05/day

#31 Stotch   Banned Banned   42 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Stotch

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:53 PM

bait and switch.

CAG and people misusing the term bait and switch, name a more iconic duo

#32 mightymek   Welcome to the Gutter CAGiversary!   5365 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:55 PM

I changed it to see. Might as well. I’ll see what happens in two years when I’m ready for renewal!

#33 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:07 PM

I received two emails, one when I turned on recurring billing and another when I changed it to the daily plan.  Neither of them had that line about the price changing.  I wonder if they are trying a bait and switch.

It is on the email for my purchase of Xbox Ultimate ( did the $1 for one month promotion). Perhaps it is just the language for the initial sign up. Regardless it'll be interesting to see what they do about this. It's blowing up lol. 

#34 DominionChamber   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

DominionChamber

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:20 PM

How do you upgrade your gold to ultimate to match the remaining duration in the first place? Whenever I select ultimate, it notifies me that it will extend my gold up to 36 months, then the next page says it'll charge me 19.99 for the first 3 months then 44.99 after that.

#35 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9165 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:27 PM

I switched it to daily billing starting in 10/2021.

But I think this deal will be an obvious, easy fix for them.  I wouldn't even try except for that I had everything all set up and two years on my account already. 

#36 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5733 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:40 PM

It's probably supposed to be .50 a day since that would come out to $15/mo., which is the normal price for Ultimate. There is no chance this will hold up.

#37 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8539 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

Now I can wait a year and three days to see how this plays out, assuming they don't lower the boom any sooner. At this price they could entice millions into signing up who never actually use the service and make a nice pile on them. A nickel here and a nickel there...

#38 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6804 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:40 PM

The big question is who has an expiration date that isn't two years from now to see what happens?

#39 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:58 PM

I just did it. Thanks OP!

#40 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:48 PM

Saw this on SD so I had to come to CAG to confirm before switching. Will find out 11/2020 tho. Could cancel anytime right?

#41 Seasick Pirate   Rachael's Superstar CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Seasick Pirate

Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:06 PM

I think mine just reverted to the $15/month plan, and the daily plan option is now gone.

#42 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:31 PM

The big question is who has an expiration date that isn't two years from now to see what happens?

My sibling got in and sub will end on the 10th, we’ll see what happens. The option is not there anymore tho so we’ll see

#43 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11059 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:52 PM

CAG and people misusing the term bait and switch, name a more iconic duo

I mean... it's bait and switch in the sense they might be hoping to rope people into subbing, raising the price, and then not bother checking later what they're ultimately being billed.

#44 respectablechum  

respectablechum

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

I mean... it's bait and switch in the sense they might be hoping to rope people into subbing, raising the price, and then not bother checking later what they're ultimately being billed.

I find it unlikely a trillion dollar company intentionally created a price glitch, leaked it online late on a Friday night, and fixed the error 12 hours later in order to rope in some subs. That's a pizzagate level conspiracy theory.

#45 paul6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

Deal is dead now according to people on Reddit and SD.  Can't see the $0.05 option anymore.

#46 kannofan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

kannofan

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:41 PM

Can confirm that it's dead for me. I do not get the $0.05 option.

#47 kannofan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

kannofan

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

I find it unlikely a trillion dollar company intentionally created a price glitch, leaked it online late on a Friday night, and fixed the error 12 hours later in order to rope in some subs. That's a pizzagate level conspiracy theory.

Off-topic, but we live in some weird times. There's a guy who had an island where he had children do some awful things with older men so that said guy could blackmail those other men, and one of those men was a former President of the USA and another was a prominent member of the royal family and this happened for over 30 years.

Sounds like a crazy theory but it happened!

So yeah, given that we live in that world, absolutely can see this as a way that someone at MS got some press for a few minutes. I'm not saying it did happen that way, but it's also not an impossible thing either.

#48 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9165 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:54 PM

Microsoft has finally come full circle and achieved their original 2001 Xbox stated goal by installing a daily 50cents arcade cabinet inside people's homes. 

#49 respectablechum  

respectablechum

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:34 PM

Off-topic, but we live in some weird times. There's a guy who had an island where he had children do some awful things with older men so that said guy could blackmail those other men, and one of those men was a former President of the USA and another was a prominent member of the royal family and this happened for over 30 years.

So yeah, given that we live in that world, absolutely can see this as a way that someone at MS got some press for a few minutes. I'm not saying it did happen that way, but it's also not an impossible thing either.

If "not impossible" is the metric we are using than my call is that it was aliens. It's a big galaxy full of planets after all. Who is to say?

#50 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:42 PM

Ok, I'm going to derail this thread but whatever.

First off, and I'm not condoning this in any way, but the awful shit that happened to those children have been done for thousands of years, if not all of human history. The former US president and Royal Family Member certainly knew the guy in question but there is no evidence they took part in his operation.

And it's not a theory, theories are upheld by data and are basically facts. This is more of a hypothesis.

But yes, I do agree with your last part. It's not totally impossible, but the idea that MS did this promo on purpose and leaked it on a small website is so unlikely, it might as well be impossible.

#51 GenyaAvacado   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

GenyaAvacado

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:47 PM

Thanks Op! Mine runs out in June will let you guys know what happens. Most likely we will find out in March from some else tho :P 

#52 soulvengeance   Beating dead horses CAGiversary!   4229 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

soulvengeance

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:57 PM

I used my son's account, starts charging me 1/27/20, so I'll let everyone know if it lasts that long.

#53 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15054 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

No way is this being honored. Email from my sign up says 

"You'll be billed every day at $0.05 plus applicable taxes. We'll email you ahead of time if that price ever changes."

All they will do is send out an email to anybody that got in on this and notify them of the correction. 

If they even do that. Apparently for most people it'll just change with no notice until they get the bill. My sub is good until this time 2020 so I'll be checking back on it at that time. I doubt it will ever hold, but hey; maybe they won't for a few years, who knows?

#54 KAli1212   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

KAli1212

Posted 08 December 2019 - 03:55 AM

Everyone who did this: check your Microsoft account. Even though I chose the $0.05/day option this morning, Microsoft reverted it to the $14.99/month option.

#55 DragonSlayerOrnstein  

DragonSlayerOrnstein

Posted 08 December 2019 - 04:19 AM

Everyone who did this: check your Microsoft account. Even though I chose the $0.05/day option this morning, Microsoft reverted it to the $14.99/month option.

Mine still showing as the 5 cents per day thing.

#56 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1439 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:18 AM

Same here.

#57 fishface45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:56 AM

Still good over here.

#58 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:28 PM

Mine still shows $0.05 as well.

#59 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5448 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:54 PM

Think it might be over or I'm doing something wrong.  Not getting the .05 deal. 

#60 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:12 PM

My sib got charge 5 cents today, so far so good