* * * * * 1 votes

Nintendo Online Store - NES Joycon Controllers for $30

#1 teh lurv  

teh lurv

Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:24 AM

Note: You can only purchase these controllers if you have a Nintendo Online subscription and if you haven't previously purchased these controllers.

Nintendo is offering the NES Joycon controllers for 50% off. This is a pretty steep discount for Nintendo, so if you've yet to purchase a pair of these controllers this is probably the best price you'll ever get for a pair.

https://store.ninten...ontrollers.html

#2 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10256 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:59 AM

I managed to get a second set on the same account, I bought these when they first came out.

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:21 AM

LITERALLY just purchased these a few days ago. Jesus christ

#4 EvilSena  

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:29 AM

With the discount? And if not, that sucks dude. Sadly, I didn't grown up with the NES and the controller is so square. xD Waiting for that SNES controller thou. :)

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:40 AM

With the discount? And if not, that sucks dude. Sadly, I didn't grown up with the NES and the controller is so square. xD Waiting for that SNES controller thou. :)

Full price. I wonder if they'll throw me a bone if I chat tomorrow.

#6 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1501 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:44 AM

Note: You can only purchase these controllers if you have a Nintendo Online subscription and if you haven't previously purchased these controllers.

Nintendo is offering the NES Joycon controllers for 50% off. This is a pretty steep discount for Nintendo, so if you've yet to purchase a pair of these controllers this is probably the best price you'll ever get for a pair.

https://store.ninten...ontrollers.html

Thank you!  Do these operate just like the joycons?  Because I was just about to purchase a second pair.  Also, any way to get free shipping on these?  Thanks again! 

#7 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:33 PM

Thank you!  Do these operate just like the joycons?  Because I was just about to purchase a second pair.  Also, any way to get free shipping on these?  Thanks again! 

Re: Operation

https://kotaku.com/s...thin-1831157773

There are some nifty features to using it, but the short answer is "Yes, with a few quirks"

Free shipping... Not that I'm aware of, no.

#8 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3403 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:35 PM

I didn’t know it was possible to purchase at full price. I also didn’t know it was possible to order more than one set.

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:55 PM

Got denied. Oh well. You win some and lose some.

#10 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:06 PM

I placed an order on 12/5 at the sale price. I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation but this is my first time ordering a physical item from the Nintendo store. Do they typically provide tracking info?

#11 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

I placed an order on 12/5 at the sale price. I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation but this is my first time ordering a physical item from the Nintendo store. Do they typically provide tracking info?

It's been a while since I ordered directly from Nintendo but I believe they do..

Heads up for everyone though: USPS/FedEx/UPS all have a notification system you can sign up for to be notified when a tracking number has been generated for your address, so even if a company does not tell you the tracking number (as long as they use tracking anyway) you will be notified that "something" is headed your way.

#12 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

I bought these at full price a couple months ago fearing they would go OOS or OOP. 

yea im an idiot, havnt opened them yet either.

#13 Zee3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:05 AM

Thanks OP,

I meant to purchase this the first time it came around but now with the discount and the link i can.

#14 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:33 AM

Thanks OP,

I meant to purchase this the first time it came around but now with the discount and the link i can.

Likewise, thanks OP. Got an order in!

#15 Outlaw1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   851 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Outlaw1986

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:52 AM

Wonder if I got the 7 day free Nintendo online trial I would be able to order these?

#16 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1501 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:55 AM

I'm on the fence on these...I grew up in the 80's and the NES was my first console so I want them for that reason alone.  But I really don't enjoy retro gaming as much as some of my fellow Gen X gamers.    I keep thinking I should just put this $30 towards a pair of real joycons (since I need a second pair right now). 

#17 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:31 AM

I want the SNES controller.. I'd have to take my case off my Switch or buy one of those joy con chargers that works with the old NES Controllers just to charge them.

I just have to keep telling myself that so I don't impulse buy them. 

#18 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:22 PM

I'm on the fence on these...I grew up in the 80's and the NES was my first console so I want them for that reason alone.  But I really don't enjoy retro gaming as much as some of my fellow Gen X gamers.    I keep thinking I should just put this $30 towards a pair of real joycons (since I need a second pair right now). 

Honestly, I didn't even get them for the retro games so much as for the D-Pad.

I never realized how much I would miss having one until I tried playing games with the Joy-Con and it's four distinct direction buttons.  I have one of the Hori d-pads (thanks, Target Clearance), but that only works in handheld mode, and I play almost exclusively in docked mode.  I do have a pro controller, too, but I like having the options.

Plus, I mean, yeah... retro games.  This way when I visit my stepson he and I can play Mario 3 with the NES controllers instead of the joycons.

#19 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2714 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:52 PM

Sale ends January 10, 2020

Wonder if I got the 7 day free Nintendo online trial I would be able to order these?

No. The link says "Nintendo Switch system, paid Nintendo Switch Online membership (both sold separately) and Nintendo Account required."

#20 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4448 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:34 AM

I got the 30 day online account (which was relatively cheap) just so I could order these.

#21 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:41 AM

Tetris 99 includes the membership and the price is $29.99.

#22 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:22 AM

Tetris 99 includes the membership and the price is $29.99.

Yeah but that's MSRP for the Tetris DLC ($10) and the individual year of onilne ($20).

#23 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2714 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:13 PM

Yeah but that's MSRP for the Tetris DLC ($10) and the individual year of onilne ($20).

Unless you have GCU at BB :)

#24 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:37 AM

Mine were delivered today. First thing I learned was that they're too big and clunky to fit on my joy-con charger...

#25 girlracer99lude  

girlracer99lude

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

I ordered some last year and got another set this year (prob give them to a friend). i ordered them on the 6th (i believe) and my membership expired on the 8th but they still shipped. i plan to renew my membership but not just right now, might have more motivation when the snes controller comes back in stock.

#26 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4448 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

I ordered some last year and got another set this year (prob give them to a friend). i ordered them on the 6th (i believe) and my membership expired on the 8th but they still shipped. i plan to renew my membership but not just right now, might have more motivation when the snes controller comes back in stock.

They had SNES controllers?! Where they just like the NES ones... original design, attaches to Switch, play SNES original games?

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:50 PM

They had SNES controllers?! Where they just like the NES ones... original design, attaches to Switch, play SNES original games?

Dude... Lol. They were a big ass deal lol. They don't attach to the Switch. Just wireless SNES controllers for the Switch. They're super high demand and haven't been in stock for awhile.

#28 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:03 PM

https://store.ninten...controller.html

Unavailable until January 2020 now. They were released last year and sold out in minutes.. 

You can find a few youtube videos on them though.