Current Target buy 2 games get a $50 gift card promotion

Freeze Time

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Here is the current offer:

https://www.target.c...Free50giftcardw

Very limited games I know but gamestop has The division 2 for $11.99 for Xbox One and PS4

https://www.gamestop...2/10167228.html

Assassins Creed Odyssey $14.99 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/assassins-creed-odyssey-standard-edition-xbox-one/6260630.p?skuId=6260630

and Breakpoint for Xbox One and PS4 $19.99

https://www.gamestop...t/10176932.html

Now this is YMMV but I was able to PM those gamestop games and get the giftcard. The only problem was the first 2 reps over chat said no and the 3rd guy was willing to do it but after 30 min of going back and forth, I double checked with him 5 times that I would only be charged $31.98 plus tax and I would get the $50 gift card and he said yes just give me the order number and winded up only discounting me $35.10 and charging me $85.45. I told him right away and he typed that with my $50 gift card, it's like me only being charged $31.98 plus tax. Anyway, that went nowhere so I called up customer service and after 50 min and being disconnected, they took another $50.92 off so my total charged to my Target card is $34.54. I believe I get the gift card when the games ship out so I will update here if I do in fact get the card emailed to me but I am sure I will.

My 20% off code would not work with this offer. I ended up using it on a PSVR game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you not be able to just pricematch in store and then the register automatically gives the $50 gift card? Or do pricematchs remove it automatically on the register?

Would you not be able to just pricematch in store and then the register automatically gives the $50 gift card? Or do pricematchs remove it automatically on the register?
Maybe, if they PM it at all. Like I stated, the first 2 reps I chatted with online wouldn't price match because of the promotion. For the 3rd rep, I first just PM The Division 2. He then said he could price match the game only if I didn't get another game. I told him that I would want another game too and had him PM Beakpoint and then the confusion began with him ending up telling me he would PM to $31.98 plus tax and I would still get the $50 gift card. I have not tried in store and won't be able to.

The likelihood of this being done in store is basically non-existent. They have really cracked down on where they price match at in the store and are very mindful of things like this. One or two might get lucky, and it is the time of year where you may catch a newbie that'll do it, but I wouldn't expect this happens except in a rare exception.

I was at Target last night using my 20% off coupon and would have done this for Just Dance 2020 for my daughter since it's just $39.99.  Only two problems: they didn't have any, and I couldn't think of a second game to get.  Could have done two copies if they had them I guess.

Worked for me in like 80% of stores. The best place to do it is in the hood imo. Most employees don’t give a fuck or are seasonal. One guy let me get 8 copies of a game. Hell I could’ve gotten more if I wanted to, but I left em for others. Last store I was at I saw two older Hispanic women doing it. Figured it was out on SD or something so I stopped after that.

I was at Target last night using my 20% off coupon and would have done this for Just Dance 2020 for my daughter since it's just $39.99. Only two problems: they didn't have any, and I couldn't think of a second game to get. Could have done two copies if they had them I guess.
3 problems. it excludes switch games

[attachment=33324:charlie.gif]

Not worth the effort especially since you cannot use a target gift card to buy game currency.
I recently ran into this same issue with Best Buy and their reward certificates. Tried to buy $20 worth of PSN credit and couldn’t use the cert. Honestly, it’s sort of annoying that retailers put limitations like these on gaming currency cards, especially as the hobby continues to transition in the digital direction (with a good number of games only available digitally).

I recently ran into this same issue with Best Buy and their reward certificates. Tried to buy $20 worth of PSN credit and couldn’t use the cert. Honestly, it’s sort of annoying that retailers put limitations like these on gaming currency cards, especially as the hobby continues to transition in the digital direction (with a good number of games only available digitally).
Yep GS is the last place you can buy the gaming cards with store credit, gift cards, or reward certificates.

Yeah it is frustrating to see the restrictions on the gift cards. Besides gaming currency, I liked the ability to use Target and Best Buy gift cards and reward certificates for 3rd party gift cards like restaurant and Disney gift cards.

Walmart still allows it but with their trade in program no longer accepting games, I don't really get gift cards from Walmart anymore.

3 problems. it excludes switch games

attachicon.gif
charlie.gif
Yeah, Just Dance 2020 and another Switch game (Mario + Rabbids) are part of the $50 GC deal. They just didn't have any copies of Just Dance for sale... And I already had Mario + Rabbids from last years sales. Couldn't think of a second game off that list that was worth it even if they had Just Dance.

Yeah, Just Dance 2020 and another Switch game (Mario + Rabbids) are part of the $50 GC deal. They just didn't have any copies of Just Dance for sale... And I already had Mario + Rabbids from last years sales. Couldn't think of a second game off that list that was worth it even if they had Just Dance.
Pretty sure toaster was referring to the 20% coupon excluding Switch games.

The likelihood of this being done in store is basically non-existent. They have really cracked down on where they price match at in the store and are very mindful of things like this. One or two might get lucky, and it is the time of year where you may catch a newbie that'll do it, but I wouldn't expect this happens except in a rare exception.
This. Tried to PM 2 of the Div 2s to GS today. They said I could either get the PM or the giftcard and they proceeded to turn around of those signs on the counters to show it in writing. I left

Yeah it is frustrating to see the restrictions on the gift cards. Besides gaming currency, I liked the ability to use Target and Best Buy gift cards and reward certificates for 3rd party gift cards like restaurant and Disney gift cards.

Walmart still allows it but with their trade in program no longer accepting games, I don't really get gift cards from Walmart anymore.
So you can buy PSN, etc. with regular Walmart gift cards?

Yeah you should be able to, unless something changed recently. I used the last of my Walmart gift cards to buy restaurant gift cards a few months ago (I haven't heard they stopped allowing it since then).

Wow, with the price drops at BB for today only, I see a trip to Target in my future for some PMs. Local store has Division 2, Ass Creed, and Breakpoint all in stock. Spend $26-32 get $50 GC? Sign me up.

Went this morning spiderman ghost recon and the divison 2 all price matched from best buy 44 and change with redcard,so i can confirm it works. Hooray for seasonal employee's!!!

I went to my store and they had the promotion marked under copies of Monster Hunter World for some reason that were marked $20 but rang up $10. I got 2 of them and went to the register, and tried to confirm that they were eligible for the promotion. The manager then went back to the game section, returned and gloated "It's only for The Division 2." I told him I didn't want the games then and walked away, and as I left I'm pretty sure I heard him say "I love it when people come in and try to flex and get shut down" or something similar. If I wasn't in a hurry to get back home I would have said something back but I also wasn't 100 percent sure that is what he said either, it just sounded like it. But I was pretty pissed that the guy (1) tried to act like I was scamming them when it was their mistake, (2) gave me wrong info to get me to leave (why would there be a promo to buy 2 of the same game?) and (3) acted totally unprofessional the whole time, especially since I didn't try to argue or anything, I just said I didn't want the games.

Definitely YMMV but did manage to get AC Odyssey and GR Breakpoint price matched to BB for $31 together and received the $50 gift card. Used the gift card to pick up Bayonetta 2 Switch for $30. 

I ordered a few games from several target stores.  I bought a bunch of rainbow six and have just been selling them for 9.99.  One of the stores only had an odd number of copies so they cancelled one of the items in my order. Refunded me 26.99 and still gave me the 50 dollar gift card.

Extreme YMMV, but if you can do it, it's totally worth it.

I ordered a few games from several target stores. I bought a bunch of rainbow six and have just been selling them for 9.99. One of the stores only had an odd number of copies so they cancelled one of the items in my order. Refunded me 26.99 and still gave me the 50 dollar gift card.

Extreme YMMV, but if you can do it, it's totally worth it.
Are you doing this through Target chat?

First Target shot me down over PM'ing and giving the gift card. Second Target guy didn't even blink twice, just PM'd two games and gave me the GC. Went back for seconds with two more games and apparently they were told by a manager that PM's were supposed be done up front, completely unrelated to the promo stacking I had just done lol. So they cage the games I wanted, and I took them to the self checkout. Asked for a PM and once I hit Pay, scanned a GC from one of the registers nearby easy peasy. I think from now on that's the ticket to a smooth transaction; asking for the games to be caged and just checkout myself.

All in all, got 4 games and made ~$45 from my initial investment of using a GC from the 20% off promo. Gotta love Target runs. :D

First Target shot me down over PM'ing and giving the gift card. Second Target guy didn't even blink twice, just PM'd two games and gave me the GC. Went back for seconds with two more games and apparently they were told by a manager that PM's were supposed be done up front, completely unrelated to the promo stacking I had just done lol. So they cage the games I wanted, and I took them to the self checkout. Asked for a PM and once I hit Pay, scanned a GC from one of the registers nearby easy peasy. I think from now on that's the ticket to a smooth transaction; asking for the games to be caged and just checkout myself.

All in all, got 4 games and made ~$45 from my initial investment of using a GC from the 20% off promo. Gotta love Target runs. :D
When you ask for a price match don’t they make you do to customer service? How did you get it price matched at self checkout?

When you ask for a price match don’t they make you do to customer service? How did you get it price matched at self checkout?
Target always has an attendant present to help with issues or questions. Ironically, the self-checkout spit out a check ID message because the games were rated M, so it brought the guy running. I almost thought I was going to get shot down when he asked to see the game and walked away. Turns out it was the amount of discount he was concerned with and had to ask a person at CS if it was legit. They pulled up the same thing I was looking at in BB's app and said, "yep, you can do it." He then explained that he couldn't believe it himself and it was a great deal. Little did he know just how good it was. ;)

I've personally never had a single problem getting an override or PM right there at the register. I think because they're such close proximity to CS, that it's actually people from the desk that are attending self-checkout.

The probably usually is big discounts and pming with free gift card which leads to calling for an override from a manager or someone who knows what’s up. I’m just not that interested in any game right now otherwise I’d try my luck. Death Stranding is keeping me busy

Seems like a lot of unecessary effort.

Also IMO pricematching isn't a deal.

Pay me to buy games ... sure why not.

No managers required on my adventure. 

Let the haters begin the hate.

[attachment=33348:Screenshot_20191214-092442_Photo Editor.jpg]

[attachment=33349:Screenshot_20191214-104157_Photo Editor.jpg]

Not sure what the butthurt in my thread is all about. This is cheapassgamer. This is a great deal. If you don't want to have to price match to get a great deal, then just don't do it.

Was able to do this 7 more times tonight. Surprised I found 3 copies of division 2. At one store the employee said he knew what I was doing and that he bought out all the division 2 games on the first day lol.

Was able to do this 7 more times tonight. Surprised I found 3 copies of division 2. At one store the employee said he knew what I was doing and that he bought out all the division 2 games on the first day lol.
Lol that's a jackpot; wish I had employees that chill because I would have just cleaned up. Certainly helped make this a Merry Christmas, that's for sure. :)

bread's done
Back