Bestbuy: Death Stranding for $40, $32 for GCU

Walk.......don’t run to this amazing deal. This game really delivers....even though it has it’s UPS and downs

Feel like there are going to be a lot of disappointed kids who get this for Christmas and sell it in a month ... I can wait until it’s $20 or $30.

Havent played it, but after playing Metal Gear, this game is worth nothing more than $15. Paying $40 for a game nowadays is absolutely absurd.

Sure are a lot of shitposts from people who have never played the game, even in this thread. Guess CAG is the new GameFAQs.
You can literally watch the entire game online ... the days of having to “play the game” or shut up are long gone. I’ve watched more than enough to know what my price point for it is. The game suffers from the same over indulgence and story imbalance that has defined most of Kojima’s titles and made MGSV a drag after the first few hours.

Sure are a lot of shitposts from people who have never played the game, even in this thread. Guess CAG is the new GameFAQs.
"you need to try the food before you know whether it is shit or not"

pretty sure we can see its shit from watching 10mins of a stream of it. what a lively open world this game has, really gives LA noire and phantom piss a run for their money! eat your heart out rockstar!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the Death Stranding enjoyable. It's a nice break in my usual FPS grind. I tend to like games that are a bit unusual in gameplay. I'm someone who gets a kick out of a forklift job in Shenmue.

That being said, if you are on the fence about it, definitely wait for a price drop of under 30 bucks.

"you need to try the food before you know whether it is shit or not"

pretty sure we can see its shit from watching 10mins of a stream of it. what a lively open world this game has, really gives LA noire and phantom piss a run for their money! eat your heart out rockstar!
I thought Death Stranding would be boring too from watching a few previews but I decided to give it a chance after seeing quite a few saying they were enjoying it. I'm glad I did because it ended up being my GOTY.

Feel like there are going to be a lot of disappointed kids who get this for Christmas and sell it in a month ... I can wait until it’s $20 or $30.
I don’t think kids are asking for Death Stranding for Christmas. They just want V bucks

I am going to pick this up because I have always been a Kojima fan. Not all games are for everyone.. If you think is interesting then this is probably a good price to pick it up. 

Stop watching cutscenes online and actually play the game. The addicting gameplay is what I personally enjoy more than the cutscenese but the story definitely starts to come together in the end. This is the best walking simulator I’ve ever played. There’s nothing like it and it’s probably my most played game this year holy crap. This game delivered. This game got the whole package.

For $32, this is hard to pass up. Thanks OP and GCU!

Edit: Also had $30 in Best Buy Certificates! $2. Glad I waited.

Also $40 at Gamestop right now. I have some credit there and GCU is long gone for me so I think I will pick it up there. I've heard all the comments about this game, but still want to play it for myself. 

Stop watching cutscenes online and actually play the game. The addicting gameplay is what I personally enjoy more than the cutscenese but the story definitely starts to come together in the end. This is the best walking simulator I’ve ever played. There’s nothing like it and it’s probably my most played game this year holy crap. This game delivered. This game got the whole package.
I thought the story kinda went off the rails towards the end in typical Kojima style but it kept me interested for most of the game. I agree with everything else you said though.

NOOOOO!!! My GCU just ended.  I didn't want this so much but totally would have gotten Jedi Fallen Order.  I had been hoping for some sort of sale on it leading up to my GCU expiring just a few days ago, but there was nothing.  D'oh!

I thought the story kinda went off the rails towards the end in typical Kojima style but it kept me interested for most of the game. I agree with everything else you said though.
Everything just started to make more sense and the acting just got really good for me at the end. Also she’d some tears. Honestly my personal GOTY

This was tempting but I couldn't resist the steelbook so I went with that. Very curious what my reaction to the game will be. I'll be sure to come back to CAG and chastise all who disagree with me

Enough people I respect speak well enough of this game that I would like to play it, but I predict it will be a PS+ title by next Christmas, so I'll probably just wait.

Still, it's clear this isn't "Silent Hills" with a different name. I still wish we could have gotten "Silent Hills."

Enough people I respect speak well enough of this game that I would like to play it, but I predict it will be a PS+ title by next Christmas, so I'll probably just wait.

Still, it's clear this isn't "Silent Hills" with a different name. I still wish we could have gotten "Silent Hills."
The Redbox option might be a better bet. RDR2 came out late last year and it’s definitely not on PS+ this December. I would imagine it will take some time for this to get on PS+.

usps sells stamps for alot less and you get the same experience.
Obviously you haven't ever actually played the game because you're just regurgitating the exact same thing a whole lot of other have said already, and have been repeating since before the game ever even came out.

I'm not sure which is worse. The lack of individual thought you have in just parroting what others repeat from others. Or you being a contrarian.

Obviously you haven't ever actually played the game because you're just regurgitating the exact same thing a whole lot of other have said already, and have been repeating since before the game ever even came out.

I'm not sure which is worse. The lack of individual thought you have in just parroting what others repeat from others. Or you being a contrarian.
lol k

have fun with your lil mailman simulator in the best open world ever created!

The Redbox option might be a better bet. RDR2 came out late last year and it’s definitely not on PS+ this December. I would imagine it will take some time for this to get on PS+.
That's true, but RDR2 just doesn't feel like a PS+ game. I have no expectations that RDR2 will ever be released on PS+. Death Stranding does. Maybe it's just because other Kojima games have also been PS+ games, and, if I remember correctly, not that far after initial release (like a year....ish).

Plus, (a) I don't think I'm willing to pay $25 for Death Stranding, and (b) not getting the proper box/artwork via Redbox isn't appealing, either, even though it really shouldn't matter.

The game is just fetch quests with a nonsense story.  It's like a direct to dvd scifi movie and just as badly written.  I wouldn't even take it if they gave it to me free on PSN.  There are no puzzles or adventure.  You just painfully run across a landscape which would drive you nuts in a real game.  They eventually just give you ways to skip all that too which makes it even more pointless.  Pretentious fits too.

not getting the proper box/artwork via Redbox isn't appealing, either, even though it really shouldn't matter.
Buying a game about delivering boxes without it's box/packaging is the highest form of failure.

This game should only be ordered online for in-store pickup

bread's done
Back