Xbox Live & RS 3 worth $40?

MasterLin1

CAGiversary!
I was just wondering if the deal at CC was worth the $40? I'm mainly concerned with RS3, I keep hearing reviews about how great it is, but I'd like to get more opinions. FPS is my favorite genre, and the last RS game I played was Rogue Spear which was decent I thought. So how strongly do people recommend the game and the deal.

Yea i was thinking about this deal also, i like the Rainbow Six series but i didnt go with it due to tthe fact im too busy playing FFXI and i didnt wasnt to put more games on my list to play lol But seems like a great deal

I highly recommend RS3, and this is a very good deal. I haven't actually gotten all the way through single player, but when I occasionally decide to play that its pretty fun. Online is very good with that game, only it is a little slow compared to games like counterstrike. Some people like that- it allows for better tactics- but then some find it kinda boring. But overall it is certainly a fun game both online and off.

Hummm now i want it lol i went there and got Red Dead Revolver and am a lil disappointed mostly by the controls are bad.......so ill prolly sell it on ebay and get the R63 package cool and thx man

I've never played the online part of the game. I've heard it was really good so I will probaly get this.

ive put about 40 hours into the online play of R6 3 alone. I love it. Best Xbox live game IMO, and pretty much the only reason im keeping my xbox live subscription active until Halo2.

the single player campaign is excellent also. plenty of levels and very challenging.

[quote name='jalu6']ive put about 40 hours into the online play of R6 3 alone. I love it. Best Xbox live game IMO, and pretty much the only reason im keeping my xbox live subscription active until Halo2.
[/quote]

Have you played Pandora Tomarrow? I played tons of RS3 until PT came out and haven't gone back since.

it's going to be the same...but I hear the aliens can climb walls...that may just be in single player...you can now hang onto ledges and sneak with your back against the wall...this is gunna be so cool! I just preordered my specail edition halo 2 game...its gunna be so sweet!

well...lean glitch is walking but leaning, and you cant be hit...second looking through walls is very cheap when its only a few people left...just so you can know where they are...

Anyways to answer Lin's question this is a good deal and a definete buy. I'm going to order it online so I can get it for $32. A great deal.

[quote name='karmapolice620']you know its only a 3 month...[/quote] Yeah, but you can just get a new subscription.

make a 2 month free trial thing and call in and cancel it...then say...can i get one year put onto that account and get a free game?...you wont get the headset but you will get RS3 and a year for 50

CC has a 12 month sub for $40. Buy this for $32 and $40 sub and that's $72 for a normal starter kit an extra 3 months and RS3.

It's suppose to be a store special so I don't know. When you buy the 3 month starter kit it also comes with demos of Mechassault and Moto GP that I think you can play online. I already bought Mechassault along time ago so I don't care about the demos.

Well actually I just went and picked it up. You get the actual RS3 game, you just take both items up to the register. If they charge you wrong, just show them the ad and they fix it.

I still have yet to play, but thanks to everyone who gave an opinion

[quote name='MasterLin1']Well actually I just went and picked it up. You get the actual RS3 game, you just take both items up to the register. If they charge you wrong, just show them the ad and they fix it.[/quote] This deal rocks. Will I be able to get it tomorrow?

Just did the online order with CC, where it's only supposed to be 31.99 + tax.

What they do in your cart is charge you for RS3, and give you the starter kit free.

I'm going to call tomorrow and see if that's right. Should be able to get them to give me RS3 free, and just charge 31.99 for the kit.

I'll post with findings.

It's $40 total. It says RS3 is free but the price shows that the kit is free. It would be cheaper with the game being free and I hope this gets fixed.

[quote name='karmapolice620']i think its available all week[/quote] Thanks because it might not be $32 online and I don't want to wait a week for online play.

RS3 is a good online game but have become a little addicted to Splinter Cell:pandora Tomorrow. It's hard though to find as many people on SC:pT as you would on RS3. However a word of warning for XBox Live for no apparent reason there's a lot of raging racism from both of these games I have played in....People's pinhead brain will swear they know you just on your freaking gamertag as well...Also all those freaking kids...ugh...they should be used for an ad for birth control and what could happen if you let one slip through the goal post...

Just played it, pretty fun using the voice communication. Also can anyone tell me how to get the free game when you sign up for Live, or point me to the thread about it?

bread's done
Back