* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020

#331 darkonex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:28 AM

Thank you. I preordered this a long time ago. I recently found out it's a 'fake game'. When I ordered this I didn't know that FF7 remake was episodal. I'm not waiting to play the game in stages. I'll just wait another five years when the "Real Complete Ultra GOTY Edition" comes out and it's $20. I'm not paying $80 x 3 to play the real FF7.

Yep cancelled mine for same reason, didn't realize it as I was trying to not look at too much about it to be surprised but glad I found that out before it was too late!

#332 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:09 AM

Was able to grab a rune factory from a Best Buy.

Not sure if I wanna keep my ori ce.

#333 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13180 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:50 AM

The XSeed store did use a box for my Rune Factory 4 Special: Archival Edition but there was no packing material. Just a heads up about using them since I'm sure others may be unlucky. 

Genuinely excited to dive into this game. It's the first Rune Factory game I will have played since the first DS game. 

Best Buy actually shipped mine in a bubble mailer, which was a little surprising since they mostly ship these big box editions to me in a box.  It arrived a little dinged up, especially on the corners, but nothing enough to have to replace it.

#334 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1336 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

Best Buy actually shipped mine in a bubble mailer, which was a little surprising since they mostly ship these big box editions to me in a box. It arrived a little dinged up, especially on the corners, but nothing enough to have to replace it.

I got mine in a box with two air packets top. In my experience, items shipped from their warehouse usually comes in a box and items shipped from a store tend to used bubble mailers.

On the subject of BBY though, found out my GCU is ending this weekend. Any recommendations or things I should order now to take advantage of my last days?

#335 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:28 PM

On the subject of BBY though, found out my GCU is ending this weekend. Any recommendations or things I should order now to take advantage of my last days?

• Cyberpunk
  • Doom Eternal
  • Final Fantasy 7

#336 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3717 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

Anyone need a Doom Eternal CE?  I ordered mine way back when I had GCU and was balls deep in collecting.  Willing to just let it go for what I paid (GCU included).  PS4 version btw.

#337 dualrec  

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:52 PM

Avengers for the steelbook.

And me a copy of Gears 5 Ultimate for that steelbook while it's on sale ;)

Mine GCU has been gone since November....fun while it lasted.

#338 darkonex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:15 PM

Damnit I kinda wanna get that Gears 5 Ultimate now, my GCU also expires soon 3/20 I believe.  I see it's on Amazon though for $45 as well and I have a $25 card coming Tuesday I got from doing a review, so I kinda wanna wait until then and get it but dunno that it'll be on sale for that next Tuesday.  Decisions, decisions...  :-k

#339 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1336 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:58 PM

• Cyberpunk
  • Doom Eternal
  • Final Fantasy 7

Only thing from this list is the Doom Eternal CE.  Waiting on it to go back in stock, hopefully soon.

I can do that, just shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details. 

Anyone need a Doom Eternal CE?  I ordered mine way back when I had GCU and was balls deep in collecting.  Willing to just let it go for what I paid (GCU included).  PS4 version btw.

I might be interested, assuming I can't catch it in stock from now until the weekend.

#340 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4759 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:41 PM

My Darksiders Genesis CE finally shipped. Was sure it was gonna be cancelled.

#341 Nelson2011   Huh?! CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:15 PM

So did anyone keep the Final Fantasy VII remake CE? Just got the email that mine was cancelled lol

#342 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:33 PM

No I didnt I let mine get canceled

#343 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

So did anyone keep the Final Fantasy VII remake CE? Just got the email that mine was cancelled lol

I kept it. FFVII is tied with Persona 3 as my favorite game. FFVII was my first Final Fantasy game, and the first game to make me cry. So the nostalgia is strong. I barely buy CEs anymore due to space contraints, so spending more on one from an IP I love isn't too big of a deal.

#344 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15018 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:33 PM

My Darksiders Genesis CE finally shipped. Was sure it was gonna be cancelled.

What was the deal with these anyway? Wondering if they got shortchanged on numbers but how much sense would it make that they only make some of them if a factory is shut down altogether? All I know is I got mine late and was about to return it since the game is getting meh reviews, but now I see it's fairly rare and selling for about double. . .

#345 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23555 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:53 PM

I kept it. FFVII is tied with Persona 3 as my favorite game. FFVII was my first Final Fantasy game, and the first game to make me cry. So the nostalgia is strong. I barely buy CEs anymore due to space contraints, so spending more on one from an IP I love isn't too big of a deal.

I decided to keep it too. It was the first RPG I ever finished and I spent hours upon hours exploring the game. It's a top ten RPG for me and holds a lot of fond memories. I even replayed it a few years ago and found that I still loved the game. I'm not sure about all the changes they're making because I loved the original but everything they've shown so far seems promising. 

#346 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

I kept it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#347 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:34 PM

Did they ever release a FF13 box set with games 1,2,3? I don’t recall one, but they did release 10 and 10-2 together eventually.
So I don’t really expect them to do so for 7R. But the “guaranteed” eventual PS5 release of 7R-1 is why I’m not getting the PS4 CE.

#348 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4759 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:39 PM

What was the deal with these anyway? Wondering if they got shortchanged on numbers but how much sense would it make that they only make some of them if a factory is shut down altogether? All I know is I got mine late and was about to return it since the game is getting meh reviews, but now I see it's fairly rare and selling for about double. . .

Apparently there was a production shortage. Not sure if anyone got theirs at launch or not, but amazon had to change their listings as well to “usually ships in 1-3 months”

I kept my FFVIIR too. FFVII is my favorite game ever, so I wanted to get this CE. That said, I am disappointed that it appears to not be a special box CE like FFXV was, and I think they’re just gonna package contents together like they’ve been doing a lot lately. Like basically throw the deluxe version in a box, and then include the figure separately in a box and toss in all the extra items on top of it.

So I don’t think it’s really gonna “feel” like a CE. More like just paying a lot extra for a figurine.

#349 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   502 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:26 PM

Analogue Nt Mini Noir is available for pre-order:
https://www.analogue...s/nt-mini-noir/

$499 for supposedly flawless NES emulation. "Limited quantities," "one final run." Not sure why it costs so much more than their Genesis and SNES hardware.

#350 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:32 AM

That's gotta be one of the biggest gimmicks I've seen in a while, what a rip off lmao.

#351 wolf96  

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:33 AM

I kept my FF7R order too, already paid for mine awhile back, I'm really looking forward to it. Does suck that it's not in special LE/CE type box though.

#352 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23555 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:13 AM

I kept my FF7R order too, already paid for mine awhile back, I'm really looking forward to it. Does suck that it's not in special LE/CE type box though.

I kind of think that's a good thing... if you ever decide you don't want the statue, you can sell it. Or if finish game and decide you'll never play it again, then you can sell the game. 

#353 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4759 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 29 February 2020 - 06:37 AM

Didn’t get charged for my FFVII CE yet, must be a little late on processing them. It was supposed to be Feb. 28th.

#354 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1377 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:10 AM

Did they ever release a FF13 box set with games 1,2,3? I don’t recall one, but they did release 10 and 10-2 together eventually.

No, but if we ever get a re-release / remaster on PS4/5 then I'd expect one. It's not as well loved as 10 is though, so it's not as likely to get one. Then again, Square Enix does love re-releasing their titles, so it's probably only a matter of time.

#355 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

That's gotta be one of the biggest gimmicks I've seen in a while, what a rip off lmao.

But due to aftermarket prices it’s literally a cash handout if you can afford to buy.

#356 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4759 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:44 PM

Anyone get charged for their FFVII CE yet?

#357 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:28 AM

Anyone get charged for their FFVII CE yet?

Nope
When does it release, late March?

#358 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4759 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:39 AM

Nope
When does it release, late March?

Mid April, but they said they were gonna charge Feb. 28th.

#359 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:08 PM

Just in case people haven't heard, demo out:

https://store.playst...A - Master List

#360 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 02 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

Just in case people haven't heard, demo out:

https://store.playst...A - Master List

Downloading the demo also gets you a free PS Theme once the game is released.