* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020

#1171 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:44 PM

It's basically the $120 ultimate edition and you pay an extra $10 for the steelbook. Or you pay $20 extra from the gold edition for the "ultimate edition" cosmetic DLC.

And the Steelbook will likely be different than the Gold one, given that was the case for Division 2 and GR: Wildlands. I was hoping GS would do a statue bundle like they did with Odyssey but no such luck.

#1172 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4659 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:53 PM

And the Steelbook will likely be different than the Gold one, given that was the case for Division 2 and GR: Wildlands. I was hoping GS would do a statue bundle like they did with Odyssey but no such luck.

Eh, the last time they did a statue ‘bundle’ was with AC odyssey, where they copied off of square enix’s bullshit of ‘sell a separate packaged item as a forced bundle’ motto with the Kassandra plastic statue and gold edition steelbook. 

I long for the days of the real gamestop exclusive Assassin’s Creed editions. 

#1173 shosaisyu   Waster of Monies CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:53 AM

We in a deadzone it seems..no CEs? I have this weird surplus cash reserve..

#1174 Jurai  

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:04 AM

I think there's some kinda global pandemic going on that's causing production issues on things like collectors editions, I could be wrong tho haven't checked the news in like 5 months

#1175 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 06 May 2020 - 11:47 AM

Eh, the last time they did a statue ‘bundle’ was with AC odyssey, where they copied off of square enix’s bullshit of ‘sell a separate packaged item as a forced bundle’ motto with the Kassandra plastic statue and gold edition steelbook. 

This one comes with an "Exclusive Box" which usually means everything is packaged together.

#1176 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3936 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:59 PM

It's a weird year. Global pandemic. No E3. New console gen (which would probably limit the # of new games with CEs anyway)

#1177 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23463 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:53 PM

For anyone still looking, FF7R regular and Deluxe Editions are back in stock at both Amazon and GS. 

#1178 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 07 May 2020 - 09:35 PM

I missed out on that and was initially sad but then was ecstatic when I found a copy for $60 at Meijers like 3 months later... and then I played the game and I was sad again because I honestly thought it was kind of bad. 

With FF7R, at least I enjoyed the game, even after beating it and seeing the controversial ending. I mean I wish the story was a 1:1 retelling of the original but I'm curious to see the direction they're going in. 

The story will probably wind up like the evangelion rebuild where no one will know what is going on by part 3.

#1179 Cloudx9  

Posted 07 May 2020 - 10:41 PM

The story will probably wind up like the evangelion rebuild where no one will know what is going on by part 3.

The interview they had recently with Kitase stated the rest of the Remake will pretty much still follow the original story line though.

#1180 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:06 AM

That "plastic" statue goes for about $90-100 shipped on EBay now so I would have liked to of had a cheaper option (with a value upside) than Ubisoft where I could use trade credit, but I just went ahead and got the CE from Ubisoft since it was of the female Viking anyway and it had the soundtrack.

Plus that's one fewer thing to worry about in the fall as I used PayPal to pay now since I have to worry about the Cyberpunk CE charge in Sept. from Amazon and paying for the XBox Series X also.

#1181 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:58 AM

I am looking to get rid of my 40 or so extra Steelbooks for games I don't own. Is there anywhere besides EBay to look up values to see about selling/trading? Would CAG be the best bet on selling/trading outside of EBay or is there a better option? Thanks in advance.

#1182 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23463 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 03:36 PM

The interview they had recently with Kitase stated the rest of the Remake will pretty much still follow the original story line though.

I don't see how that's possible since they already went completely off the rails with chapter 18, not to mention other things that are diff than the original. Honestly, my number one fear with this Remake's future installment is Nomura pulls a Nomura. Some of his early Nomura-ing was actually either great (developing the background for Bigges, Wedge, Jessie) or annoying but passable (that one new biker guy), but chapter 18 made me worry though I'm still hopeful Nomura used the first install was a litmus test to see how much he could get away with. 

#1183 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 08 May 2020 - 03:52 PM

I don't see how that's possible since they already went completely off the rails with chapter 18, not to mention other things that are diff than the original. Honestly, my number one fear with this Remake's future installment is Nomura pulls a Nomura. Some of his early Nomura-ing was actually either great (developing the background for Bigges, Wedge, Jessie) or annoying but passable (that one new biker guy), but chapter 18 made me worry though I'm still hopeful Nomura used the first install was a litmus test to see how much he could get away with. 

Yeah I was really liking it until pretty much Chapter 18 and that's when it threw me for a loop.  I had no clue what I was playing when I got to that point as I legitimately thought it turned into Kingdom Hearts.  I agree that I'm hoping that they are just testing the waters but regardless hope they won't change anything else too dramatically.

#1184 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6651 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 08 May 2020 - 03:56 PM

The ending was very weird to me when I first experienced it, but there are a lot of interesting theory that does suggest that the majority of the original key story element of the original FFVII could be present but presented in a different way. It actually make me excited to see how they will handle it in the next installment.

#1185 Miker525  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:34 PM

I am looking to get rid of my 40 or so extra Steelbooks for games I don't own. Is there anywhere besides EBay to look up values to see about selling/trading? Would CAG be the best bet on selling/trading outside of EBay or is there a better option? Thanks in advance.

http://collectorsedition.org and it's web forums are a pretty great resource. I used to be much more frequent there than I am these days but I've bought plenty from those folks. Small but dedicated community. There's also a bunch of steels I'm looking for though so if you make a post in trading forum here I'd definitely take a peek! Let me know!

#1186 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23463 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:55 PM

http://collectorsedition.org and it's web forums are a pretty great resource. I used to be much more frequent there than I am these days but I've bought plenty from those folks. Small but dedicated community. There's also a bunch of steels I'm looking for though so if you make a post in trading forum here I'd definitely take a peek! Let me know!

I haven't seen a link to that place in ages... I thought that site was basically dead? 

Also, for anyone with the Doom Eternal CE, is it worth keeping? I never got around to opening it. I only bought it because of how much Doom was hyped but after actually playing it, I... didn't think much of it. I mean, it's good, yeah but nowhere near the levels people hyped it up to be. I'm pretty vanilla with games these days and I pretty agree with the general consensus on most games. Based on what I've seen Eternal is pretty much more of the same so not sure it's worth keeping anymore. 

#1187 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:35 PM

I haven't seen a link to that place in ages... I thought that site was basically dead? 

Also, for anyone with the Doom Eternal CE, is it worth keeping? I never got around to opening it. I only bought it because of how much Doom was hyped but after actually playing it, I... didn't think much of it. I mean, it's good, yeah but nowhere near the levels people hyped it up to be. I'm pretty vanilla with games these days and I pretty agree with the general consensus on most games. Based on what I've seen Eternal is pretty much more of the same so not sure it's worth keeping anymore. 

My head fits in the helmet, but almost does not.  Helmet looks good and seems decent quality, but seen the visor scuff up super easy in one unboxing video.  The lithograph is disappointing as it's just a 11x17 poster.  The soundtrack is pretty cool on a cassette but I don't have anything that plays it right now (code on the label).  Steelbook is very nice.

#1188 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23463 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:45 PM

My head fits in the helmet, but almost does not.  Helmet looks good and seems decent quality, but seen the visor scuff up super easy in one unboxing video.  The lithograph is disappointing as it's just a 11x17 poster.  The soundtrack is pretty cool on a cassette but I don't have anything that plays it right now (code on the label).  Steelbook is very nice.

I actually wanted to keep it just for the helmet but now that you said it might not fit, I'm prob gonna return it if it doesn't fit... but I'm not particularly tall or big or anything so I'd wager it'd fit. 

#1189 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:27 PM

I actually wanted to keep it just for the helmet but now that you said it might not fit, I'm prob gonna return it if it doesn't fit... but I'm not particularly tall or big or anything so I'd wager it'd fit. 

I have a big head.  It fits but feels snug when you take it off.  I've not got stuck in it yet though. :p

#1190 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:40 PM

Not like that damn Halo helmet that wasn't big enough to wear.

#1191 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:55 PM

Not like that damn Halo helmet that wasn't big enough to wear.

It would have fit on your cat!

#1192 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:00 PM

I absolutely loved this game (already got the plat) - you could tell the creators were real fans of the original with all the references throughout. But with Nomura at the helm, this will probably take 10+ years to finish and will be milked for all it's worth.

#1193 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14870 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:53 AM

Not sure how that's possible at this point since they've already altered some core story elements, and hinted at even more changes. I'm getting seriously tired of their infatuation with parallel universes and time travel nonsense. I'm convinced they have multiple creative directors at this point that don't talk to each other and the team has to do their best to connect the dots. I love the remake to death, but dear god is it getting more convoluted than Nicholas Cage starring in a movie about Tiger Kin. . .wait. . .Fuck.

#1194 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14870 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:11 AM

The Last of Us Part II Ellie Edition in stock.

EDIT: Shit, OOS already.

Heh, saw that after the leaks while debating canceling mine since I'm only holding it to flip at this point.

I looked at the spoilers and I don't care TBH, the gameplay of the first game was trash and the only reason I don't hate it is for the excellent storytelling. The moment they announced TLOU 2 and showed Ellie with no Joel, I was over it. He was the centerpiece and the only character I'd return for. Once they showed he'd be in the game in some fashion, I was on board but with the reservation that it wouldn't be a happy ending. Game of Thrones was a steady reminder that in order to love a story these days, you can't be upset when bad things happen.

#1195 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:48 AM

Heh, saw that after the leaks while debating canceling mine since I'm only holding it to flip at this point.

I looked at the spoilers and I don't care TBH, the gameplay of the first game was trash and the only reason I don't hate it is for the excellent storytelling. The moment they announced TLOU 2 and showed Ellie with no Joel, I was over it. He was the centerpiece and the only character I'd return for. Once they showed he'd be in the game in some fashion, I was on board but with the reservation that it wouldn't be a happy ending. Game of Thrones was a steady reminder that in order to love a story these days, you can't be upset when bad things happen.

I loved the story but the gameplay was good to me too. Especially the multiplayer was hella fun. Part 2 will only be much better in gameplay from what I’ve seen and story who knows. But I heard it’s gonna be their longest game yet so it’s gonna be a roller coaster ride. I’m trying to avoid spoilers and I’m the type to play a game from beginning to end before judging it. Knowing parts of the story doesn’t affect gameplay nor does it have the same effect when you’re experiencing it rather than just watching it

#1196 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:15 PM

What exactly does everyone hate about the gameplay of TLOU? Is it the stealth or what? I liked it and wondered why it is so bad to some people.

#1197 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:33 PM

Trying to delete this but cant find it and keep getting interrupted at work. Sorry for spoilers

#1198 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23463 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:41 PM

What exactly does everyone hate about the gameplay of TLOU? Is it the stealth or what? I liked it and wondered why it is so bad to some people.

I could definitely understand not liking the story of the first, it was very clearly influenced by another non-gaming series but I thought it was told/delivered really well for a video game. I didn't really see much wrong with the gameplay though some people said it was too easy even on the hardest setting (I think they're nuts). I enjoyed the hell out of the game, in all aspects outside of Ellie zipping around everywhere with no recourse, which often killed the mood. 

*deleted*

Ugh, I was hoping someone would be able to explain why the spoilers were so bad without actually spoiling them and I think you did it. Part of me just wants to look it up and get it over with. 

#1199 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4659 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:50 PM

That "plastic" statue goes for about $90-100 shipped on EBay now so I would have liked to of had a cheaper option (with a value upside) than Ubisoft where I could use trade credit, but I just went ahead and got the CE from Ubisoft since it was of the female Viking anyway and it had the soundtrack.

Plus that's one fewer thing to worry about in the fall as I used PayPal to pay now since I have to worry about the Cyberpunk CE charge in Sept. from Amazon and paying for the XBox Series X also.

Do you have that Kassandra statue? I remember seeing a few of them when it came out and the paint jobs were pretty bad. 

I really want to preorder the Ubisoft store version though I’ve learned my lesson heard with getting their games at launch. I used to be the biggest AC fan back in the day.  I’m not happy with the gameplay direction they went with. Not intending on starting any debate at all. I just never felt and still don’t that AC odyssey is a real AC game, it’s just an action RPG slapped with the AC name on it. 

The only possible saving grace for me is that this dev team worked on AC Origins, which was about.... assassins! I platinumed that and all of the DLC too. 

#1200 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:54 PM

Sorry Vinny I did not think of that. Removed my comment if you want to remove your quote for others