* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020

#1381 thormx3467  

thormx3467

Posted 26 May 2020 - 07:24 AM

Man what a pain in the ass it is to get this. I received the email saying my xenoblade was canceled from amazon.es, and now they put more up for order? Hilarious, and I can't even get it to go through. Click buy now and nothing goes in the cart, and now it's unavailable again. What is it with these companies. Nintendo is the worst offender here in always shafting the NA market. How hard is it to just offer the same damn editions worldwide. It's plain stupid and I'm just going to call it a loss on this.

#1382 reedimer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2020 - 08:43 AM

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Limited Edition) - Collector's Set

https://www.amazon.c...086FJTPWB/?th=1

#1383 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24206 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:50 PM

Man what a pain in the ass it is to get this. I received the email saying my xenoblade was canceled from amazon.es, and now they put more up for order? Hilarious, and I can't even get it to go through. Click buy now and nothing goes in the cart, and now it's unavailable again. What is it with these companies. Nintendo is the worst offender here in always shafting the NA market. How hard is it to just offer the same damn editions worldwide. It's plain stupid and I'm just going to call it a loss on this.

Set up text alerts for NowInStock.com, the only way you'll have a chance outside of living at your computer and hitting F5 all day. Make sure you check NIS' carrier restrictions, some carries like mine (T-mo) blocked them as they saw their text messages or spam or something. But there is a workout for that on their website. 

#1384 reedimer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2020 - 08:26 PM

in stock again.

https://www.amazon.c...086FJTPWB/?th=1

You can use text alert if you don't like to refresh every minute.

#1385 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5050 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:31 PM

I was finally able to change it to my address, but I had to use Amazon Global Priority.

#1386 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24206 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:36 PM

I was finally able to change it to my address, but I had to use Amazon Global Priority.

Hm... I wonder if you could just go back and change the shipping speed now that your address is set. 

EDIT* just noticed that they have a keyring/poster bundle with the standard game. Wish they'd just give you those items with the CE... 

#1387 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5050 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:18 PM

Hm... I wonder if you could just go back and change the shipping speed now that your address is set. 

EDIT* just noticed that they have a keyring/poster bundle with the standard game. Wish they'd just give you those items with the CE... 

Honestly after all this, if it gets here in the amount of time it says it will, I'm fine leaving it.

#1388 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:50 PM

Luckily (and finally) same. Don't need the speed, but probably still less than a forward service and I'd rather get it direct anyway, so it's not too big of an issue for me.

I've tried to change it a few times and just get errors. Maybe it will work if it's in stock, but considering how often I missed it by <30 minutes, I'm not going to go crazy. I'll post here if it works though.

#1389 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24206 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:59 PM

I've tried to change it a few times and just get errors. Maybe it will work if it's in stock, but considering how often I missed it by <30 minutes, I'm not going to go crazy. I'll post here if it works though.

That's not what I was talking about, I was saying he/she already changed the address to their US address but had to settle for more expensive shipping. But since the shipping address is correct, could they now reduce it to a slower ship speed. 

And you can only change the shipping address to a US address when they have it in stock and are shipping it to the US. There's only a set number they can ship to the US so as orders are canceled or they get more updated stock numbers, I believe they can allocate more to us shipping addresses... it has something to do with VAT from what I understand. 

#1390 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:45 AM

That's not what I was talking about, I was saying he/she already changed the address to their US address but had to settle for more expensive shipping. But since the shipping address is correct, could they now reduce it to a slower ship speed. 

And you can only change the shipping address to a US address when they have it in stock and are shipping it to the US. There's only a set number they can ship to the US so as orders are canceled or they get more updated stock numbers, I believe they can allocate more to us shipping addresses... it has something to do with VAT from what I understand. 

Please re-read what I said to ShadowAssassin, I was able to change to my address, but also got stuck w/ priority and hope to be able to change it and was referring to the difficulty in doing so.

#1391 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24206 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:10 AM

Please re-read what I said to ShadowAssassin, I was able to change to my address, but also got stuck w/ priority and hope to be able to change it and was referring to the difficulty in doing so.

Oh... my bad. 

#1392 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:53 AM

Oh... my bad. 

No worries

#1393 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 27 May 2020 - 03:04 PM

Bestbuy finally listed the Tony Hawk CE. PS4 already sold out but Xbox One is still available.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6413805

#1394 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7143 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 May 2020 - 03:40 PM

Bestbuy finally listed the Tony Hawk CE. PS4 already sold out but Xbox One is still available.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6413805

It was listed last week at Best Buy, you must have missed it.

#1395 Cloudx9  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:21 PM

For those interested, here's an Xenoblade EU collectors unboxing.

#1396 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9687 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:50 PM

It's a nice set.  I really don't know why companies keep putting out vinyl soundtracks instead of CDs though.  It's fucking stupid.  Everyone has CD players in multiple locations. 

#1397 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24206 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 06:17 PM

Ugh... was hoping the artbook would be hardcover like the NA version but assuming the internal contents are the same, then that looks like a decently beefy artbook so $20 more for a hardcover artbook in the NA CE doesn't seem like too bad of a deal. 

It's a nice set.  I really don't know why companies keep putting out vinyl soundtracks instead of CDs though.  It's fucking stupid.  Everyone has CD players in multiple locations. 

Vinyls have a fairly dedicated group of followers for novelty purposes. I think a few years ago, vinyl production surpassed disc production (at least, music CDs, not all discs). The whole trend of what's retro is always evolving... in another 20 years, CDs will prob be popular again. 

#1398 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9687 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 06:37 PM

I'm aware that some people buy new records.  It's stupid. 

They're not portable, they're not digital quality sound, and you can't rip them to your computer nor play them in any room in the house or car with ease. (in regards to the choice of what to put in a CE). I can't imagine that anybody sits around listening to vinyl records of video game soundtracks either.  There's like a couple thousand people that buy the movie soundtrack pressings off Mondo every month; I get it. 

The fact that CDs died out and that a few people support purchasing .mp3s and Spotify memberships will remain eternally perplexing to me.  It's more like that nobody pays money for music anymore, yet a few enthusiasts are still willing to pay for vinyl.  But I'd really like to see those sales figures on vinyl at Target and Barnes and Noble bc I'm not buying it at all (the trend).  Target would stock more if that was the case.  It's just something that people point at, at the store and go "hey hun, remember that!". 

CDs just got shafted for some reason.  I think it's mostly bc of Youtube and other free on-demand services.  Vinyl is a niche collector's market and definitely not mainstream.  It's just something that lots of people like to think of identifying themselves with for some reason.  Like any other novelty or nostalgia. 

I know several hobbyist DJs with crates and crates, thousands upon thousands, vinyl records from 20 years ago.   Guess how much they are used now?  Never.   They break out the turntables and mixer once every few years just for funsies.  That stuff collects dust even from the biggest of enthusiasts.  It's a vapid, hollow fad these days and not even a trend. Everything has gone digital bc it doesn't make sense to have crates and crates of records sitting around. 

I get that a few people are really into records bc of their playback fidelity and their preferences in sound systems.  But just put a damn CD inside the video game CE so that it's functional.   Most people do not have record players and everybody has multiple disc readers. 

The only people buying brand new vinyl in 2020 have LOTS of disposable income.  It's sooo far down priority list in the hierarchy of entertainment spending.  Plus it's definitely not the video game CE crowd. 

#1399 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

I really hate when the name isn't on the spine of the steelbook. Nintendo is so messy with that, few has it, most don't. It's a nice CE, if I care a little about Xenoblade I would of got it. 

#1400 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5823 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

Nintendo’s next CE soundtrack will be on a cassette tape. They’re making a come back!!!

#1401 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:10 PM

Because it's the current trendy thing to do so you can get a sense of self satisfaction in doing something that's retro and popular. It's basically like beards and flannel shirts were to the last generation of hipsters. Now beards and flannel isn't as cool and records took their place. In 10 years no one will care because it won't be the cool thing anymore and they will have moved on to something else.

Granted some people today like vinyl for sentimental value. My wife is in her mid 40s and she likes vinyl because her dad had a record collection and was a musician and she spent time listening to music and playing guitar with him as a kid. But even she can't understand why in the hell anyone would buy new music on them or anyone not old enough to grow up with them. She is a audiophile and record lover and will say anyone who says they sound better is fooling themselves. Not portable, expensive unless you're buying junk ones at a garage sale, very delicate, don't sound as good and more of a pain to play them. She won't even say she has records for fear of being lumped in this new age of douchey record buyers. 

She likes CDs and digital copies best. I just like digital copies myself since I only listen to music at my PC or off a USB drive full of songs in my car.

#1402 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3295 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:17 PM

XCX had the right idea including digital tracks on a custom usb drive.  But ruined the idea by including too few tracks and adding DRM.

I guess they're trying not to interfere with soundtrack sales but c'mon, do they not think people rip cd tracks to digital?

That's one of the first things I do when I open a LE/CE.  Convert the tracks in two different digital formats, then put the disc back with the set, never to be used again.

#1403 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5050 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:33 PM

Got an arrival estimate of June 4th for my Euro CE.

#1404 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:37 PM

Yeah, I don't really care about vinyls either, but I believe they do include a digital download for the music, which is more useful than a cd since it saves me the trouble of getting a digital copy.

I'd guess vinyls make an attractive pack in because they're big, but probably don't cost much to produce and can look nice when displayed. So it's more of a form over function thing.

#1405 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11638 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:07 PM

Nintendo’s next CE soundtrack will be on a cassette tape. They’re making a come back!!!

So I guess we're just going to COMPLETELY ignore 8-track...

#1406 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:17 PM

So I guess we're just going to COMPLETELY ignore 8-track...

I’m holding out for the return of minidisc

#1407 Eutaoo  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:18 PM

Damn, almost 5 pages of people talking about a $100-$120 edition of a ported game with a vinyl and artbook. Wow

#1408 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7086 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:24 PM

Damn, almost 5 pages of people talking about a $100-$120 edition of a ported game with a vinyl and artbook. Wow

Correct.

#1409 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:30 PM

There are also those who legitimately like vinyls because of the way they sound. Digital cuts out sounds and is not as warm as analog. But regardless, people are obviously stupid if they like something you don't.

(Also, as was mentioned, it comes with a download code of the soundtrack too, making the complaint even more pointless.)

#1410 Mr. Anderson   spends too much time here CAGiversary!   9094 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Mr. Anderson

Posted 27 May 2020 - 09:07 PM

Vinyl rules! Plus I'd say CE and vinyl definitely take up a similar market share (people with disposable income).