* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020

#1891 elessar123  

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:58 PM

I'm not sure I'd bother with Amalur again, unless they fixed a lot of the issues with the original -- you get overleveled and it becomes a boring hack and slash really fast.

#1892 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:15 AM

Yeah, there just wasn't enough with that CE that made me want it.  I'll get the remaster, but another $100 for a statue of a character I don't remember from the original when I played it is a bit much.

Avengers gameplay still looks ok.  There is a mission map, and some missions are co-op. It's gear system looks like Destiny/Division, but seems more single player focused with only some specific missions being co-op.  I don't think I'm sold on that $200 CE just yet.

The statue is literally of the main character of the story that isn't you. The GS website still shows my in store preorder so I will update if anything changes. Maybe they cut the print run?

#1893 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:07 AM

The statue is literally of the main character of the story that isn't you. The GS website still shows my in store preorder so I will update if anything changes. Maybe they cut the print run?

It's been a few years. I remember enjoying it enough but almost nothing about the story.

#1894 makaveli11223   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

makaveli11223

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:22 PM

It's been a few years. I remember enjoying it enough but almost nothing about the story.

The game is fun at least to me but yeah the story is meh I have it for ps3 but I really don't care enough for the CE to double up on a game that is mostly forgettable

#1895 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:33 PM

Cyberpunk CE on Amazon as of 15 minutes ago.

#1896 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:50 PM

Cyberpunk CE on Amazon as of 15 minutes ago.

Still missing it, always when I'm working

#1897 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23564 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:50 PM

Still missing it, always when I'm working

The only way you're gonna get these super rare CEs is to either use NowInStock or use a webpage page monitor. There's been some hands-on impressions about the game recently and they've been very positive- prob going to result in more people wanting the game. The game honestly sounds insane. 

#1898 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:06 AM

I went into GS today to rearrange my preorders and to redeem my $10 off holiday coupon for XBox currency and I added to my Amalur CE deposit (less than $10 away w/August coupon to pay it off) so it looks like my Amalur CE preorder is just fine.

#1899 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:09 AM

Death End re;quest 2 LE and Ys IX Monstrum Nox. YS IX already up on Nisa, Death End 2 will go up on Iffystore later41c397b1ca17058b9bc656cfc8d165d6.jpg938b4c141e4cb061029b061f0761b269.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Preordered Ys IX CE, funny how when using PayPal Ubisoft and most other places charges when you place the preorder, but NISA doesn't charge until it ships I guess.

#1900 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3723 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

Did anyone who had their TLoU2 CE delayed until December 31st of this year, actually get the game to ship lol?  I can't cancel mine and it's sitting in preparing.  Been that way for over 2 weeks lol

#1901 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4760 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:39 PM

I went into GS today to rearrange my preorders and to redeem my $10 off holiday coupon for XBox currency and I added to my Amalur CE deposit (less than $10 away w/August coupon to pay it off) so it looks like my Amalur CE preorder is just fine.

I read something about their discord mods saying they will put out a more detailed announcement later about the game's release, and once they do pre-orders will be reposted.

#1902 Cloudx9  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:18 PM

Persona 5 Royal Phantom Thieves Edition came back in stock on Gamestop out of nowhere.

https://www.gamestop...w.gamestop.com/

#1903 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:26 PM

Persona 5 Royal Phantom Thieves Edition came back in stock on Gamestop out of nowhere.

No Way

That is awesome!

I drove 2 hours to a Gamestop just for a PS4 Steel Colored Controller and left with 3 Collectors Editions, including the Royal Phantom Thieves Edition that was OOS on the website for this location

#1904 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1528 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:44 AM

Did anyone who had their TLoU2 CE delayed until December 31st of this year, actually get the game to ship lol?  I can't cancel mine and it's sitting in preparing.  Been that way for over 2 weeks lol

I have a Ellie Edition in the same situation as well. They can't cancel it because in there system its in the process of being fulfilled. We might actually have to wait until December 31st to get the item.

#1905 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1792 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:45 AM

Bamco Asia confirmed MS Gundam Extreme vs Maxiboost ON CE for that region

5972d9a7d9efc120ad5939a7ef2cd15c.jpg

#1906 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3723 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:23 PM

I have a Ellie Edition in the same situation as well. They can't cancel it because in there system its in the process of being fulfilled. We might actually have to wait until December 31st to get the item.

Talked to a rep earlier today about it, and supposedly the items are in the warehouse and will ship in the next couple days.  Not holding my breath though so we will see.

#1907 kingotnw   The Devil! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

kingotnw

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:40 PM

Ni No Kuni 2 ps4 collector’s edition is on sale at GameStop fir $21.74. Obviously they are totally out of stock. However Best Buy matched it in store for me. BB’s usual price is $129.99. The girl said it was her record on that type of price match. Manager had to okay it and did.

#1908 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:44 PM

Ni No Kuni 2 ps4 collector’s edition is on sale at GameStop fir $21.74. Obviously they are totally out of stock. However Best Buy matched it in store for me. BB’s usual price is $129.99. The girl said it was her record on that type of price match. Manager had to okay it and did.

Pretty unlikely to get a pm on something OOS.  Nice catch though.

I bought in at $50 on amz and am still fine with that.

#1909 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:27 PM

I wouldn't trust this. It's probably a bunch of gutted copies they had instore and sent back to the warehouse.

#1910 Cloudx9  

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:36 PM

I wouldn't trust this. It's probably a bunch of gutted copies they had instore and sent back to the warehouse.

Why would they gut the Phantom thieves edition? There's nothing in it that they would display in stores!

#1911 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:23 AM

Why would they gut the Phantom thieves edition? There's nothing in it that they would display in stores!

Generally GS online is good about CEs NOT being gutted, right?

#1912 Cloudx9  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:30 AM

Generally GS online is good about CEs NOT being gutted, right?

I honestly haven't had much issue, there were certain CEs I noticed that Gamestop do commonly gut, those typically are CEs with statues that you often see Gamestop display in stores. However I don't think you have to worry about the Phantom Thieves Edition being gutted. There's nothing in this CE that Gamestop uses to put as display in stores.

#1913 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9150 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:51 PM

My favorite part about Gamestop is when I bought some gutted "New" $8 game from them last time.  Dude applies the circle tab stickers on the open product, looks me dead in the eye and says "Ok now when you remove these stickers then this game is no longer considered new".

#1914 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:57 PM

Lol

#1915 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:01 PM

My favorite part about Gamestop is when I bought some gutted "New" $8 game from them last time.  Dude applies the circle tab stickers on the open product, looks me dead in the eye and says "Ok now when you remove these stickers then this game is no longer considered new".

Very intimate.

#1916 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23564 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:20 PM

They do gut CEs sometimes, but usually it's the smaller CEs though from what I've experienced. They'll display the game case on the shelf (but not the additional contents). I recently got a gutted "new" Bad Apple Wars, Witcher 3 NS, and the Crash Pin Bundle. I also got Ys VII on Vita years back as new on sale years back and it ended up being the CE, which was gutted. Of course, I didn't complain about that... 

LOL At least it's not as bad as when you go to buy a new game and they lose the case/instructions so they try to sell you just the game as "new". 

#1917 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:34 PM

They do gut CEs sometimes, but usually it's the smaller CEs though from what I've experienced. They'll display the game case on the shelf (but not the additional contents). I recently got a gutted "new" Bad Apple Wars, Witcher 3 NS, and the Crash Pin Bundle. I also got Ys VIII on Vita years back as new on sale years back and it ended up being the CE, which was gutted. Of course, I didn't complain about that...

LOL At least it's not as bad as when you go to buy a new game and they lose the case/instructions so they try to sell you just the game as "new".

I had that happen one time. I think it was like god of war 3. Yes it was that long ago lol. I ask for a copy of it and guy didnt even try to find a case and tried to hand me a copy in a little plastic sleeve no case or anything else and said here your new copy lol.

#1918 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3723 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:56 PM

I used to work at Gamestop many years ago.  Because management was so hard on getting used shit sold, when customers came in and wanted to purchase a new game, I would turn them to the used copy of the same title, but give them the new copy lol.  Then just swap the used for new and damage it out.  Boss was totally fine with it lmao

#1919 reedimer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:39 PM

I just forgot that I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles from Amazon ES. They sent me my shipping confirmation, and an email about price guarantee. They reduce the price from 89,00 € to 45.37 € and give me extra 10 for my patient. xeno.PNG

#1920 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:49 PM

I have never bought a CE from gamestop that has not been gutted. Mind you, I think all the ones after release had prices ending in .97 and this one doesn't, so who knows maybe you'll get lucky.