* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020

#2071 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4801 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, I've been getting on BB's case since the beginning of the year, this hasn't been a banner year for them. Even before the pandemic broke out, which may be the cause of some current issues, I'd have several orders delayed for no reason, one was marked as shipped but never did ship and they told me to wait like a month to see if it arrived when the tracking already hadn't updated for like 2 weeks. Random cancellation notices. Some they fixed, some had to re-order.

#2072 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13211 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:00 PM

There seems to be something very wrong with Best Buy right now.  I was one of those who preordered on the first day in March GoT CE went live and I received the cancellation the day before.  I also preordered Paper Mario months ago and it still hasn't shipped despite the fact that I am Elite Plus.  I ordered a copy of Mighty Switch Force and it also hasn't shipped some five days later.  Meanwhile, my Amazon orders are showing up days before the estimates and sometimes even the day before the release date.  It makes me think maybe Best Buy had an outbreak at a warehouse or something as my orders from them have been fine for the entire pandemic up until the past week.  

Perhaps its a regional thing?  My copies of GOT CE, Paper Mario, and Those Who Remain all showed up on their release morning last Friday from BB and much of my other orders have been fine (besides the oddity like the Birds of Prey steelbook that was preordered months before release but was eventually canceled). 

#2073 Tothoro  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:46 PM

I've had these kinds of issues with BBY often, and it's why I've largely stopped buying from them (outside of a few lingering GCU discounts and the occasional exclusive steelbook). When I got GCU it was worth the hassle, now that I don't I'd rather order elsewhere.

I do believe it's regional though, as my experience doesn't tend to be the norm. I'm in the Midwest (KC metro area) for reference.

#2074 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2847 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:28 PM

There seems to be something very wrong with Best Buy right now.  I was one of those who preordered on the first day in March GoT CE went live and I received the cancellation the day before.  I also preordered Paper Mario months ago and it still hasn't shipped despite the fact that I am Elite Plus.  I ordered a copy of Mighty Switch Force and it also hasn't shipped some five days later.  Meanwhile, my Amazon orders are showing up days before the estimates and sometimes even the day before the release date.  It makes me think maybe Best Buy had an outbreak at a warehouse or something as my orders from them have been fine for the entire pandemic up until the past week.  

I'm pretty sure GoT CE getting so many cancellations is Sony not providing Best Buy with the amount they ordered. No way are they doing a make-good free regular copy without their help. Mighty Switch Force was in stores for a few weeks before adding it to the site so whatever one is shipping yours is taking their time to get it out the door.

#2075 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6503 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:15 AM

I'm pretty sure GoT CE getting so many cancellations is Sony not providing Best Buy with the amount they ordered. No way are they doing a make-good free regular copy without their help. Mighty Switch Force was in stores for a few weeks before adding it to the site so whatever one is shipping yours is taking their time to get it out the door.

I think Best Buy blew it on GoT as they fulfilled orders from the week before release, but cancelled many orders from March when it went up for preorder.  That was my situation anyway and I didn't use GCU or do anything funky.  Also doesn't explain Paper Mario though or Myst which has also been preparing since Tuesday.  I'm in Southern California for whatever it's worth.

#2076 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:22 PM

SMT Nocturne HD remaster (JP release in October, worldwide release Early 2021 for PS4 and Switch) is getting a CE in Japan at least. No confirmation on an NA CE yet. Not seeing any retailers yet.

Edit: Jp preorders go up tmrw
http://shin-megamitensei.jp/3hd/sp/

EdXW67AUcAAo_RU.png

#2077 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:43 PM

AC Valhalla Ragnarok version is up for PS4 and Xbox version is still up too.

https://www.bestbuy....999300000000482

#2078 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3777 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:52 PM

Anyone interested in a GoT CE sans the mask?  Don't really want anything but that from mine lol

#2079 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6685 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:07 PM

Anyone interested in a GoT CE sans the mask? Don't really want anything but that from mine lol

Yes, but I don't want to pay you CE price for it.

#2080 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3777 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:23 PM

Yes, but I don't want to pay you CE price for it.

I'll toss you a PM

#2081 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23639 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:39 PM

Has anyone seen the GoT CE go back up anywhere? Seems like I'm SOL with BestBuy, I have zero faith in them. 

#2082 reedimer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:57 PM

Has anyone seen the GoT CE go back up anywhere? Seems like I'm SOL with BestBuy, I have zero faith in them. 

https://www.adorama.com/so3003936.html

#2083 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6685 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:22 PM

I'll toss you a PM

His Ghost CE is still available if anybody is interested.

#2084 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:38 AM

Watch Dogs Legion CE for Xbox shows 7 units left.  I was holding off but glad I saw that so I could grab one.  It's a bit much for what it is, but can't pass up with steelbook!  They charge right away too.

https://store.ubi.co...n&source=detail

Assassin's Creed CE seems sold out.  It said 1 left but didn't let you choose a platform.

#2085 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4674 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:43 AM

Never expected it to be 'rare'. I actually found a launch edition a few days before release at a target a week ago. As far as the CE, I presume it's like all the others historically... 'sells out' at first, then massive overstock, to clearance at 75% off a year later. 

With covid nowadays though, it's a guessing game.

#2086 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23639 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:50 AM

CAGs posted that already. I saw it on Friday afternoon but by the time I saw it, it was already on backorder (as it says on the page), doubt they're getting more. 

#2087 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:32 AM

So I am seeing pre-orders for SMT Nocturne HD in JP go up now for the CE.  Let me warn anyone that tries to grab this off of Amazon JP or anything.  Since the game is being released in English/worldwide at a later date there is a chance that the JP cart (Being released several months EARLIER in October) will NOT be able to play the game in English.  

As an example "The Secret of Mana collection" (JP had it physically exclusive for a while) has this very issue, the JP carts when put into an English Switch do not play in English since a "later version" was released in English.

#2088 elessar123  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:00 AM

Almost no JP versions have English. It's usually only some Asian versions that do. Off the top of my head, I can think of what, Phoenix Wright or something having English subtitles on the JP versions.

#2089 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1549 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:34 AM

GoT CE back in stock on Amazon

https://www.amazon.c...DKIKX0DER&psc=1

#2090 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4674 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:52 PM

GoT CE back in stock on Amazon

https://www.amazon.c...uct/B085JNHFWY/

Seems to be gone quickly. I really did want it though I've been burned WAY too many times for near $200 CEs. Ni No Kuni 2 was a good example of that. Preordered six months before launch, paid $200, then it's basically given away six months post launch.

#2091 LightOH  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 05:19 PM

SMT Nocturne HD remaster (JP release in October, worldwide release Early 2021 for PS4 and Switch) is getting a CE in Japan at least. No confirmation on an NA CE yet. Not seeing any retailers yet.

EdXW67AUcAAo_RU.png

This looks awesome. Is it available anywhere?

#2092 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23639 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:02 PM

Seems to be gone quickly. I really did want it though I've been burned WAY too many times for near $200 CEs. Ni No Kuni 2 was a good example of that. Preordered six months before launch, paid $200, then it's basically given away six months post launch.

Oh man, don't bring up NNK2. I bought the NA CE and UK CE... both of were available for long after release and I'm pretty sure I saw the NA CE for $60 and the UK one for $75. The game looked promising and seemed solid overall but not having Ghibli made a huge difference. 

#2093 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6915 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:02 PM

Oh man, don't bring up NNK2. I bought the NA CE and UK CE... both of were available for long after release and I'm pretty sure I saw the NA CE for $60 and the UK one for $75. The game looked promising and seemed solid overall but not having Ghibli made a huge difference. 

I regret getting the CE day one. I loved the first game and even have the pre-order steelbook for it. Was excited for 2 but actually played it and it was lacking. They changed the gameplay enough for it to be a completely different game. Doesn't help that the CE which was supposed to be limited appeared to be overstocked and dropped in price very quickly. 

I end up selling my CE for $100 just to get rid of it. Waste of money. At least I have NNK1 Remaster to get through.

#2094 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:53 PM

Almost no JP versions have English. It's usually only some Asian versions that do. Off the top of my head, I can think of what, Phoenix Wright or something having English subtitles on the JP versions.

2 more I can think of are the Grisaia trilogy and Little Busters for Switch. The JP cartridges came with English on them. But yeah it IS rare.

This looks awesome. Is it available anywhere?

It is currently up on Amiami as of last night. Should be up on Amazon jp as well (I haven't checked that personally though)

#2095 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23639 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:36 AM

Well holy shit. GoT CE popped up for a split second on Target while i was randomly browsing and I was able to check out with it... did not expect to get one but I guess I lucked out. 

#2096 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2774 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:56 AM

The lack of Ghibli in 2 is something people regularly get wrong. Pretty much the same key people from Ghibli worked on 2 that worked on 1. The reason why the Ghibli name isn't in it is because they weren't operating as an animation department when the game was being developed.

#2097 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:59 PM

attachicon.gifEdXW67AUcAAo_RU.png

Hope they do some type of CE in the US.  As much as I love Kazuma Kaneko's artwork, I'd rather not have a mini artbook because I already own KazumaWorks Vol. 3 which has all the art for this game.

Anyway Adorama customer service is trash.  Still waiting for my GoT SE, which was supposedly shipped last week but the tracking # doesn't work.  They are telling me to wait until NEXT Friday, which is some BS.  I need to go out of town for about a week and this is messing up my plans, if it's not here by this Friday I have to leave, which means if it does somehow make it here it will be sitting at the door in my apartment complex for a week, which means it will most likely be stolen.  I'm starting to not even want this game anymore.

#2098 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:14 PM

Everything I’ve ever had on back order from Adorama has eventually been canceled. Usually it’s an instrument or video game. They send some correspondence that looks like it was made in DOS and apologize months later.

#2099 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11287 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:52 PM

Hope they do some type of CE in the US.  As much as I love Kazuma Kaneko's artwork, I'd rather not have a mini artbook because I already own KazumaWorks Vol. 3 which has all the art for this game.

Anyway Adorama customer service is trash.  Still waiting for my GoT SE, which was supposedly shipped last week but the tracking # doesn't work.  They are telling me to wait until NEXT Friday, which is some BS.  I need to go out of town for about a week and this is messing up my plans, if it's not here by this Friday I have to leave, which means if it does somehow make it here it will be sitting at the door in my apartment complex for a week, which means it will most likely be stolen.  I'm starting to not even want this game anymore.

Does your apartment complex office have the ability to hold packages for tenants that are away?

#2100 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:55 PM

They did before covid, leasing office has been closed for months.