* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020

#2161 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23812 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:29 PM

The CEs were clearly packed 2/case by the manufacturer. For mine, you could tell that they removed one CE from the case, filled the void with bubble wrap, then shipped it. I got lucky though and it arrived in good shape.

His shipped an Adorama box which was 4x the size. The box itself was sturdy but just dumb/lazy to stick the item in a corner. They also wouldn't offer a replacement or anything and basically said, sucks to be you. 

Target shipped mine in a box but it was packed with air bubbles all around. 

#2162 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:39 PM

If anyone needs a GoT CE, I have an extra one I don't really want to go through the hassle of returning. Just toss me a PM.

Woah I’d rather return than ship

#2163 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6782 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:30 PM

The number of special editions for this is insane... they have like 3 variants of each. I also don't know if I want to back another project for someone that was once legendary but maybe not so much now. Bloodstained and Shenmue III both seemed like the end results were questionable.

I'd love another Suikoden I/II-esque RPG but not sure that they'll be able to replicate or come close.

EDIT* Just noticed the figure tiers only allowed 10 backers...? That seems WAYYYYYY low... especially since some of the more expensive tiers don't offer as good of rewards.

Bloodstained was very good, unless you got the switch version.

#2164 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:41 PM

Best Buy packed my GoT CE in a box with triangular wedges in the corners to seat / hold the CE box. The other side of the box was empty - probably had 2 CEs in it originally. The box was compressed during delivery and there are ugly triangular dents on both bottom corners of the back face. Maybe that’s how it came from the factory because it was still in the (opened and resealed) factory shipping box.

#2165 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23812 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:42 PM

Shit, not Bloodstained- the Mega Man guy's game. Can't even remember the name, LOL. 

Edit* Mighty No 9. 

#2166 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3847 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:52 PM

Woah I’d rather return than ship

Yea then I need to do a return label through the Sony store etc.  Might just eBay it if nobody bites.

#2167 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6782 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:20 AM

Shit, not Bloodstained- the Mega Man guy's game. Can't even remember the name, LOL. 

Edit* Mighty No 9. 

Yeah, Mighty No. 9 was just a turd. There's nothing questionable about that.

#2168 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   973 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 29 July 2020 - 01:05 AM

Bloodstained was barely mediocre, with a story that made little sense and skill mechanics pulled straight from the DS Castlevania. I forget which one of the two, but it was the exact same, repeat kill a monster until it drops a soul for 100 useless abilities.

#2169 TheDeathVendor  

TheDeathVendor

Posted 29 July 2020 - 01:37 AM

Did you get the DNA CE or the Crypto one? I really like the statue in the DNA one, but didn't expect it to sell out. Was hoping to get it for under $100 at some point.

Meant to say DNA. Not Crypto. I goofed. Oops

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#2170 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4019 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:32 AM

Meant to say DNA. Not Crypto. I goofed. Oops

I knew what you meant 😁

#2171 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:58 AM

Bloodstained was barely mediocre, with a story that made little sense and skill mechanics pulled straight from the DS Castlevania. I forget which one of the two, but it was the exact same, repeat kill a monster until it drops a soul for 100 useless abilities.

Disagree. Quality game all around and it was meant to be a spiritual successor to SotN- it’s designed to be derivative of previous Metroidvanias- which is what the stated purpose was for the Kickstarter that funded it.

#2172 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4701 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:40 AM

GoT CE is in stock at Adorama if anyone is still looking. 

I'm debating on this. On one hand, I was excited to hear about the game when it was announced ages ago. I preordered Sekiro day one and it just wasn't my thing. Now I know this is an open world game, and as many as of here has discussed, the burnout on that genre is real. I'm definitely interested in the game, though I feel like waiting for a sub $30 price point.

The scarcity of the CE and the collector in me wants the best edition, though I don't feel the statue and cloth map are worth $100. Can anyone chime in on quality?

#2173 Lithium Flower   Just about to bloom CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Lithium Flower

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:39 AM

a8kn1bt96ml31.jpg

I'd consider the 2.5D graphics mediocre but the core gameplay and mechanics, lifted from some of the better Castlevanias the producer previously worked on? Nah. 

#2174 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 29 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

Actually the soul thingy started on GBA castlevania aria of sorrow.

#2175 Sam Beckett  

Sam Beckett

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:39 PM

I'm very sad about the bait and switch for the "Destroy All Humans! Crypto-137 Edition" backpack.

It nothing like the picture for the $400 collectors edition.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6368404

Thinking about returning to Best Buy...

#2176 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4019 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:48 PM

I'm very sad about the bait and switch for the "Destroy All Humans! Crypto-137 Edition" backpack.

Really? I watched an unboxing video and it looked similar to the pic. What's off about it?

Also, how's the quality of the statue?

#2177 Spring Roll  

Spring Roll

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:15 PM

I didn't know this existed, you blink and miss a 300 dollar CE. 2020 is a crazy year! 

What's wrong with the backpack? 

#2178 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:37 PM

what part about it being a castlevania successor was lost on you when they clearly stated that's what they were making?

#2179 Sam Beckett  

Sam Beckett

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:53 PM

I didn't know this existed, you blink and miss a 300 dollar CE. 2020 is a crazy year! 

What's wrong with the backpack? 

I liked the original color and don't like the printed fabric.  Also not 300$, but $400 plus tax.

But I did use by going away gift from best buy game club (25% off coupon) and got mine for $260 after tax.

Capture.png

Still in stock at amazon, https://www.amazon.c...duct/B07WJHDRQ8

#2180 TheDeathVendor  

TheDeathVendor

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:13 PM

I liked the original color and don't like the printed fabric. Also not 300$, but $400 plus tax.
But I did use by going away gift from best buy game club (25% off coupon) and got mine for $260 after tax.

Capture.png

Still in stock at amazon, https://www.amazon.c...duct/B07WJHDRQ8

That's....wow. It looks cheaply made. I mean contents of the Crypto Edition aside, did anybody else feel the game was kinda dead? I remember music as you fought off humans as your notoriety went up. And the AI spawn right in front of your face. I've seen like 15 cops spawn in front of me. They did us dirty it seems. Like Bethesda wrong :(

#2181 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6782 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:34 AM

You haven't spoiled anything major but better safe than sorry. As Blueweltall said, just use spoilers. I really just didn't want you naming

Spoiler

Also, if you beat the game, Girlfriend Reviews video on the game is really good and sums up a lot of things well. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=bh5gzGs-63Y

Vinny, I finally got around to watching that video. This video from Kyle Bosman is also very well done too. If you have 45 mins check it out. 

Spoilers:

https://www.youtube....h?v=edoqpLkM8gE

#2182 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23812 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

Vinny, I finally got around to watching that video. This video from Kyle Bosman is also very well done too. If you have 45 mins check it out. 

Spoilers:

https://www.youtube....h?v=edoqpLkM8gE

Will definitely check it out. 

I'm honestly shocked that even now, the amount of vitriol this game draws. I wonder how long this'll go on. 

#2183 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:34 PM

Finally got my Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition Pre-Ordered

at 

https://www.gamestop...s/myAccount.php

#2184 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23812 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:11 PM

Finally got my Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition Pre-Ordered

at 

https://www.gamestop...s/myAccount.php

Thanks. After BestBuy botched my GoT CE pre-order, and then botched the free launched ed they said they were going to offer me, I placed an order with GS and just a canceled my BBY preorder. don't wanna risk it with them. 

#2185 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:26 PM

Assassin's Creed Valhalla CE had 2 PC copies pop up.  

#2186 IAMSAM34  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:57 AM

GoT CE is in stock at Adorama if anyone is still looking.

Has anyones GoT shipped from the 28th? Mine still on backorder

#2187 Methoes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:05 AM

71SkxLJEzaL._SL1500_.jpg

#2188 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23812 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:22 PM

You guys remember the promo for FF7R where they offered DLC for buying Butterfingers? Well all that stuff is free now. 

https://store.playst...tasy VII remake

Glad I didn't go all out... 

#2189 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15633 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:21 AM

You guys remember the promo for FF7R where they offered DLC for buying Butterfingers? Well all that stuff is free now. 

https://store.playst...tasy VII remake

Glad I didn't go all out... 

After putting over 100 hours into the game with these items at launch, I regret nothing. Some of those were great all the way til endgame.

#2190 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4876 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:21 PM

For those of you who just wanted to buy Best Buy's steelbooks individually, but couldn't, so you placed an order and then cancelled just the game part of the order... did that work? A few here in the past said they were gonna do that and I wonder if they still shipped just the steelbook.

I want the Avengers steelbook, but I have no interest in the game at this point. I wanted to cancel just the game and have them adjust the price, but I don't know if they end up just cancelling the steelbook part of the order later even though it adjusts the price.