* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020

#2671 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3049 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:10 PM

The controller was limited in that it's a limited edition, but it wasn't supposed to be limited before release. It had a hard release date that was supposed to be at the same time as the games initial release which was supposed to be in April 2020.

The controller is still being restocked but very short supplies and only Amazon is stocking them, who are the only ones who can afford the shelf space for another controller among the several different colors and limited edition controllers seen in stores for the Xbox One.

These are some of the current limited / special edition controllers sold at Walmart regularly;

Not counting the standard colors Red, Blue, White and Black. 

Stores aren't ordering controllers as they weren't selling on the same scale as any other Xbox One controller. It'll be different if there were only a few other controllers but stores have between 5-10 different variations of the controller, they aren't looking to get the least sold one to take up space. Didn't help that it cost $74.99 retail compared to $64.99 other special colors controllers retailed for. Even so, those other controllers were normally $50 - $60 at Walmart. Why pay $15-$25 more for a controller for a game that isn't out yet that average consumers doesn't know about. It was an easy decision for stores to stop stocking / requesting inventory for them.

The consoles are a different issue since they too were supposed to be released during the initial launch but didn't since the game was pushed back. Looks like Microsoft didn't want to wait (probably due to the fact that it included a digital copy of a yet to be released game and was announced after the Series X was), they and others did a fire sale and sold the console for $299.99 when it was supposed to be the same price as the Xbox One X at $399.99. For a console that is limited to 45k units worldwide, there shouldn't have been any reason for multiple retailers to try to get rid of it as soon as it launched.

None of those are meant to actually be limited like the ones for Gear, Forza, Tomb Raider, Sea of Thieves, ect. The Cyberpunk one came out at a time when it was almost impossible to keep any Xbox controllers in stock so price wasn't an issue. Amazon finding a few here and there doesn't change the fact that Microsoft no longer wanted to waste the shelf space in stores on something they weren't going to restock.

#2672 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7040 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:18 PM

None of those are meant to actually be limited like the ones for Gear, Forza, Tomb Raider, Sea of Thieves, ect. The Cyberpunk one came out at a time when it was almost impossible to keep any Xbox controllers in stock so price wasn't an issue. Amazon finding a few here and there doesn't change the fact that Microsoft no longer wanted to waste the shelf space in stores on something they weren't going to restock.

Microsoft doesn't decide shelf space, individual stores do. Stores stopped ordering the cyberpunk controller despite it still being manufacturered. The controller, based on Microsoft, isn't discontinued and is still being made. The issue is stores aren't ordering it.

#2673 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3049 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:32 PM

Not sure where you are getting "not discontinued" from when it's sold out everywhere but whatever. It's possible they've stop manufacturing Xbox One controller altogether with the new ones being compatible with everything.

#2674 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7040 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 29 October 2020 - 12:13 AM

Not sure where you are getting "not discontinued" from when it's sold out everywhere but whatever. It's possible they've stop manufacturing Xbox One controller altogether with the new ones being compatible with everything.

It being sold out doesn't automatically mean it's discontinued. 2DS were sold out for a long time but weren't discontinued until recently.

That is possible that they stopped manufacturing controllers though stores are still getting regular shipments of other Xbox One controllers. That list I posted are all controllers still regularly in stock.

#2675 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:13 PM

Watch Dogs Legion steelbook looks great!  The mask looks better than I thought, but I think it's gonna stay in it's nicer box for a bit.

T6W1aBE.jpg

#2676 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4742 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2020 - 07:29 PM

I still have to play Watch Dogs 2 and AC Odyssey, I started both and truly got burned out on that style of gameplay. Currently playing Tsushima  and while I’m enjoying the game, this genre is beaten like a dead horse at this point. Plus with the whole cyberpunk theme of WD2, it just didn’t appeal to me. Though the San Fran locale definitely does.

#2677 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 30 October 2020 - 07:44 PM

I still have to play Watch Dogs 2 and AC Odyssey, I started both and truly got burned out on that style of gameplay. Currently playing Tsushima  and while I’m enjoying the game, this genre is beaten like a dead horse at this point. Plus with the whole cyberpunk theme of WD2, it just didn’t appeal to me. Though the San Fran locale definitely does.

Watch Dogs 2 I just played last week and it was short enough to stay interesting. I would have been tired of it if it lasted much longer.  Collectibles were pretty worthless as they just gave money to...buy cars in a game where you can steal one 5ft away? ok.  Legion looks like it'll be fun with the new recruit mechanic.

Tsushima did feel repetitive quick.  It was super pretty and played well, but the story was too serious and predicable to keep me hooked.  Also the collectibles were all the exact same thing in different spots.  How many nonsense haikus with bandanas are there?  Will this fox run 5ft or 1 mile?

I had a lot of fun with Odyssey but it is a slow start like Witcher 3.  I did have a ton of side stuff left undone after 100 hours, but the story and characters were all enjoyable.  Looking forward to Valhalla which I am getting the CE for.

#2678 Lithium Flower   Just about to bloom CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Lithium Flower

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:49 PM

Oh, I couldn't imagine playing as much AC: Odyssey as I did if I hadn't taken a several year break from the genre and Ubisoft. Tsushima came out like immediately after and I just couldn't muster up the interest to actually play it, despite friends hounding me to.

#2679 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5007 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:03 AM

I got Watch Dogs Gold Ed. Apparently it comes with the original Watch Dogs?

The DLC code came with like 30 items.

#2680 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 31 October 2020 - 03:20 AM

I got Watch Dogs Gold Ed. Apparently it comes with the original Watch Dogs?

The DLC code came with like 30 items.

First game is with the season pass.

#2681 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7073 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 31 October 2020 - 04:22 AM

Anyone here get the FFVII polygon figures and wanna report if anyone got the Chaser figure?

Got the chaser figure.

20201030_221844.jpg

#2682 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2415 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:34 AM

I also got the chase figure.

#2683 OnChkMnDS   I have a Custom title CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2020 - 06:00 PM

Dang I didnt get the chaser

If anyone is down to sell, I im interested

#2684 seraph011   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

seraph011

Posted 31 October 2020 - 06:26 PM

Finally after the delays! Good hefty box too so no dings from shipping! :)

#2685 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9632 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2020 - 06:56 PM

Sorry, but it's getting to be nails on the chalkboard after about the 4th or so time someone has said it. 

They are called "chase" figures.  Not "chasers".  The sought-after, rare figure in a blind box series is called a chase figure. 

#2686 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5007 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:24 PM

I didn't get it either, I got an extra Cloud.

I'll see if one pops up on ebay for like $10-$15 one of these days. Wouldn't pay any more for it than that.

My Barrett didn' come with the stand thingy's is that normal?

Sorry, but it's getting to be nails on the chalkboard after about the 4th or so time someone has said it. 

They are called "chase" figures.  Not "chasers".  The sought-after, rare figure in a blind box series is called a chase figure. 

You might be right, but people called it that because that's how it was called on the SE store.

#2687 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7073 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:52 PM

I didn't get it either, I got an extra Cloud.

I'll see if one pops up on ebay for like $10-$15 one of these days. Wouldn't pay any more for it than that.

My Barrett didn' come with the stand thingy's is that normal?

You might be right, but people called it that because that's how it was called on the SE store.

Yes, the round disc things are there just to make all the box weigh the same, this is to prevent people from figuring out what figures are in what boxes.

#2688 elessar123  

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:29 AM

The Fuck. No it isn't.

Spoiler

#2689 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5007 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

The Fuck. No it isn't.

Spoiler

I think you quoted the wrong person, you just confirmed what I said. That SE called it "chaser" on the store.

#2690 GrilledWitOnions   Thrillhouse! CAGiversary!   1890 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

GrilledWitOnions

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:05 PM

that's a cool chasing figure it looks just like the game

#2691 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6117 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:32 PM

Glad someone got the chasee figure

#2692 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:36 PM

I didn’t realize how big the Dead Cells Prisoners Edition was. Not sure where to put it.

#2693 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6702 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:38 PM

I didn’t realize how big the Dead Cells Prisoners Edition was. Not sure where to put it.

Did you get the ESRB version or the European version?

#2694 elessar123  

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:59 PM

I think you quoted the wrong person, you just confirmed what I said. That SE called it "chaser" on the store.

I didn't, because I have him on ignore and only saw it through your post.

#2695 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5007 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:20 PM

My GCU expires tomorrow. Wish Kena or Ratchet & Clank for PS5 came up for pre-order. I pre-ordered everything I possibly could at BB.

It was a good ride, GCU.

2f0.jpg

#2696 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7073 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:45 PM

My GCU expires tomorrow. Wish Kena or Ratchet & Clank for PS5 came up for pre-order. I pre-ordered everything I possibly could at BB.

It was a good ride, GCU.

2f0.jpg

Let it go, my son.

#2697 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5007 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:08 PM

So I placed an order for a game for pickup at BB that was on sale. I placed it several days ago. I've yet to get the pickup confirmation.

I called my store and after waiting on hold for 45 minutes I was told "it might be a fraud check that's causing the delay" I'm like huh??

They told me to either cancel and re-order, which I said no because the sale is over. Or "wait some more." I don't want it to sell out in-store though.

Any advice on what to do?

#2698 Slayer1091   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   273 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Slayer1091

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:04 PM

So I placed an order for a game for pickup at BB that was on sale. I placed it several days ago. I've yet to get the pickup confirmation.

I called my store and after waiting on hold for 45 minutes I was told "it might be a fraud check that's causing the delay" I'm like huh??

They told me to either cancel and re-order, which I said no because the sale is over. Or "wait some more." I don't want it to sell out in-store though.

Any advice on what to do?

This happened to me at two different stores. I had to switch it to a nearby store and they went through. Could always switch it and switch it back but I’m not sure how that would work

#2699 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5007 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:08 AM

This happened to me at two different stores. I had to switch it to a nearby store and they went through. Could always switch it and switch it back but I’m not sure how that would work

I'm gonna change it and try to change it back.

#2700 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5007 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:19 AM

Fire Emblem 30th anniv. popped back in stock at BB for a minute and I was able to snag one, but it's not in my order history and I never got a confirmation email. I placed the order and got the "thank you for your order" page.

Weird.