Borderlands 3 (XBO/PS4) $24.99 Best Buy DOTD & Amazon

I think this year more than ever shows that if you're not going to play a game right away wait even if it's released late in the year for sales prices (other than some Nintendo games). All the bigger games pretty much got discounted and I know i'm disappointed I've paid more for some of them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just too bad anyone getting these now will have missed out on the free Halloween event. It was the best part of an otherwise boring campaign. Worth it at $25 at least.

Just too bad anyone getting these now will have missed out on the free Halloween event. It was the best part of an otherwise boring campaign. Worth it at $25 at least.
Another reason the “games as a service” model sucks ... so many lost gaming moments that should be replayable but may never be. I’ve actually purchased and returned BL3 twice while waiting for a better price. $25 or $17 are tempting, but I’ll hold out for the inevitable GOTY edition next Fall.

The habits of these companies re-releasing tends to make buying early when a dlc edition is in-bound is asinine at best.

Another reason the “games as a service” model sucks ... so many lost gaming moments that should be replayable but may never be. I’ve actually purchased and returned BL3 twice while waiting for a better price. $25 or $17 are tempting, but I’ll hold out for the inevitable GOTY edition next Fall.
I don't understand. The event was flipped on for the holiday so that's entirely on Gearbox to host each year and it's something that I've seen in games from FPS to MMOs for years now. GaaS has nothing to do with this. . .

That's the problem he is talking about with the GaaS model. Instead of just offering it as an expansion or whatever that could be played at anytime, you have to wait another year, see if it's going to be a thing this year, and then have the time or desire to play it on whatever date it's going to be hosted.

That's the problem he is talking about with the GaaS model. Instead of just offering it as an expansion or whatever that could be played at anytime, you have to wait another year, see if it's going to be a thing this year, and then have the time or desire to play it on whatever date it's going to be hosted.
Oh, well that has way less to do with GaaS and more about holiday events. I don't view it as DLC or even an expansion. Last time I can think of that actually did make it that way was when RDR got that Undead "expansion". I was pretty disappointed there was no Christmas event for Borderlands to follow it up since tinks as elves made a ton of sense and having a evil robot santa boss would have been perfect.

I mean, these don't deserve expansions or DLC since they should just be seasonal events really. See what they're saying but I don't think it makes sense.

Have you played the Moxxi DLC yet? I couldn’t get into the Halloween event at all, but the DLC is great so far and a nod to BL2. I know it’s paid content, but quality IMO.

Have you played the Moxxi DLC yet? I couldn’t get into the Halloween event at all, but the DLC is great so far and a nod to BL2. I know it’s paid content, but quality IMO.
I'm not big into DLC so no, haven't played it. Halloween event was amazing because it basically provided a shower of loot each run, usually finding a loot ghost or two per and it's the only way I got the leggo gun I was aiming for since they dropped frequently in there.

I'm not big into DLC so no, haven't played it. Halloween event was amazing because it basically provided a shower of loot each run, usually finding a loot ghost or two per and it's the only way I got the leggo gun I was aiming for since they dropped frequently in there.
I just finished the DLC this morning. Started it yesterday. A bit short (didn't do many sides yet). Much better loot IMO then the stupid Halloween event that lasted far too long. I didn't like the Ghosts popping up in the circle of slaughters. I still need to do one (Slaughterstar 300) of those to get the trophy for doing all the missions.

I played Moxxi's DLC on Normal with a level 50 Amara. I bet I got 10 legendary drops out of it. I did play a couple hours with a friend in his game. Even so probably 8 legendaries in my game alone.

Only one was a class mod for a different class then I was using. Wish it was a bit longer but will go through and do the sides and maybe farm a couple of the bosses. Maybe even do a True Vault Hunter playthrough.

Certainly not worth $50 or whatever the season pass goes for but if I get 3 more DLCs like this I will be happy.

I don't usually play a ton of DLC either but always play all the Borderlands DLC.

Ah nice. Honestly, once I hit 50 I didn't see a reason to continue playing because the guns were so boring. That actually sums up my entire experience with the game TBH.

Ah nice. Honestly, once I hit 50 I didn't see a reason to continue playing because the guns were so boring. That actually sums up my entire experience with the game TBH.
I kind of stopped playing after a while too. They will probably move up the level cap in a future DLC release like they did with BL2. Not sure how it will work with Guardian Rank. I am in the 80s on two characters and know others are well into the 100s. I guess it would just carry over.

I just finished the DLC this morning. Started it yesterday. A bit short (didn't do many sides yet). Much better loot IMO then the stupid Halloween event that lasted far too long. I didn't like the Ghosts popping up in the circle of slaughters. I still need to do one (Slaughterstar 300) of those to get the trophy for doing all the missions.

I played Moxxi's DLC on Normal with a level 50 Amara. I bet I got 10 legendary drops out of it. I did play a couple hours with a friend in his game. Even so probably 8 legendaries in my game alone.

Only one was a class mod for a different class then I was using. Wish it was a bit longer but will go through and do the sides and maybe farm a couple of the bosses. Maybe even do a True Vault Hunter playthrough.

Certainly not worth $50 or whatever the season pass goes for but if I get 3 more DLCs like this I will be happy.

I don't usually play a ton of DLC either but always play all the Borderlands DLC.
Season pass is $40, so $10 for each DLC, which I think Moxxi’s is well worth. There’s a rocket launcher drop from a boss that is very powerful. Using the legendaries from this DLC, I was able to solo the Slaughterhouse 3000 using FL4K. I usually take my time and get all of the achievements, so this DLC took me 5-6 hours.

Was not sure what the season pass went for. I bought the PS4 Super Deluxe version day one.

I easily got 5 hours out of this DLC. Got all trophies. Beat it on normal solo. Played 3 hours or so with a friend on his True Vault Hunter mode. Will very likely play through it on True Vault Hunter soon on my own.

I need to do the slaughter house 3000 and the gun challenge in Sanctuary. Probably going to try and farm Agonizer 9000 for a dictator.

bread's done
Back