- - - - -

GameStop Winter Sale (Starts Dec. 26th-29th In-Store) Live Now Online

#271 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:26 PM

Recevied an online order today.  I usually only purchase old Xbox 360 and PS3 games with gamestop.  But for the B2G2 for the first time I ordered two PS4 games.  One came CIB and the other came with one of those busted old sleeves with the name of the game on the front and side.  A bit disappointed that a current gen game came that way.  Has anyone had any luck in requesting a real game sleeve when they ship out a "replacement" sleeve?

#272 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:32 PM

Every single order I've received from the B2G2 has come in those hideous generic cases. Every single game that is printed comes with a case, how do Switch games lose their cases?? Do people really throw them out? 

Doubt I'll ever order used games from them again, I don't care how good the sale might be.

#273 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5751 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:50 AM

People sell the cases online, like on eBay. It's appalling that even users in the main GS thread brag about trading in games disc-only and keeping the cases. Well, this sale was a great send-off to the old Pro membership. I'm done with GS until they have another sale like this again.

#274 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

how do Switch games lose their cases?? Do people really throw them out? 

1) People steal cases. Yea, even empty ones. 

2) It isn't required to trade in with original cases / cover art. 

Some solutions would be to 

a) print out the generic GS color cover art that has a $59.99 price and never display the actual cases

b) require trade-ins to include case + art or suffer a refurb fee. 

c) give a small discount for games without case + art.

d) give up and go digital only!  :dunce:

#275 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:27 AM

1) People steal cases. Yea, even empty ones. 

2) It isn't required to trade in with original cases / cover art. 

Some solutions would be to 

a) print out the generic GS color cover art that has a $59.99 price and never display the actual cases

b) require trade-ins to include case + art or suffer a refurb fee. 

c) give a small discount for games without case + art.

d) give up and go digital only!  :dunce:

I will 2nd that people steal cases.  GS inventory in the drawers is very different than what is actually displayed.  This knowledge helped me during the 4/$60 sale.

As an example, at one GS, I found 4 games to buy for the 4/$60 sale in a questionable area.  They could not locate one of the games - and I explained that I needed 1 more game for the discount.  They went on to their computer, and asked, "what was the price threshhold?" .. I responded "$24.99".  The associate pulled up a list of games they had, and started reading the out to me .. The Incredibles, My time in Portia, DS Warmastered edition, Sonic ... all the other LEGO games .. I had to stop the GA and say, "I'll take all of those."

"I don't have cases made up for them"

"I don't care."

"Well .. okay ...."

Wonderful experience.

On the solutions:

a)  Too much work, GS has enough employee tasks.  Though corporate may green light this.

b)  Possible, although the refurb fee will be to buy a super thin black case, with red/white/black generic GS artwork. 

c)  Too late in the game.  They could have banked on this when they implemented retro.

d)  RIP

#276 Agent Hero  

Agent Hero

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:04 AM

Both games that haven't shipped for me, Link's Awakening and Team Sonic Racing (Xbox One) are available in about 14 local Gamestop locations near me.  Can I just go fulfill my order locally?! :razz:

#277 vashkey   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

I got my order in yesterday.  Bought 4 games.  Beautiful Katamari, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, The Last Guardian and Journey: Collectors edition.

I knew going in that I was gambling with the cases but for buy two get two free its kind of worth the risk if you know what you're doing.  Fortunately I got a case for Journey and Last Guardian.  I was a little surprised Cybertron didnt have the case.  I usually see that in the case at the store.  I was pretty sure Katamari wouldnt be in the case but it was still a bummer it wasnt.

Worst of all is looking at ebay I cant find a case for either.  So Ill either have to wait around, buy an unofficial replica or rebuy the games.

#278 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

Out of 28 NSW games, I show 7 awaiting availability...Super Mario Deluxe, Mario Maker 2, Link’s Awakening, and DQ11. Hoping with people trading those, GS will start fulfilling some of these.

#279 SunbirdTurbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

SunbirdTurbo

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

I got my order in yesterday.  Bought 4 games.  Beautiful Katamari, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, The Last Guardian and Journey: Collectors edition.

I knew going in that I was gambling with the cases but for buy two get two free its kind of worth the risk if you know what you're doing.  Fortunately I got a case for Journey and Last Guardian.  I was a little surprised Cybertron didnt have the case.  I usually see that in the case at the store.  I was pretty sure Katamari wouldnt be in the case but it was still a bummer it wasnt.

Worst of all is looking at ebay I cant find a case for either.  So Ill either have to wait around, buy an unofficial replica or rebuy the g

I got Yooka Laylee disc only and simply went to gamestop and they gave me the case.

#280 dbaronjr  

dbaronjr

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:27 PM

Got two out of my four games so far from B2G2. Mario Maker 2 was the first to show up and it came with the case. I'm surprised since a lot of people seem to be waiting on that one. Fire Emblem Three Houses showed up today and practically looks brand new!

Just waiting on Witcher 3 and DQ XI for Switch now, fingers crossed they also come with cases!

Update: That was quick, the rest of the order is now cancelled ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#281 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23709 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:05 PM

Just got a cancellation email on Mario Maker 2. Ordered 12/25 at 9:02 AM- can't believe they weren't able to fulfill this. 

#282 gldndomer  

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:31 PM

Got two cancellation emails on NSMBU switch and MK8 deluxe. Darn.

#283 Agent Hero  

Agent Hero

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:56 PM

Both games that haven't shipped for me, Link's Awakening and Team Sonic Racing (Xbox One) are available in about 14 local Gamestop locations near me.  Can I just go fulfill my order locally?! :razz:

Apparently not--I got cancellation on Team Sonic which would've been a free game, so now the purchase becomes a B2G1 free.  How is that not bait & switch?

#284 Skititlez   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Skititlez

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:58 PM

Apparently not--I got cancellation on Team Sonic which would've been a free game, so now the purchase becomes a B2G1 free. How is that not bait & switch?

I'm in the exact same boat over The Witcher III.

#285 vashkey   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:54 PM

I got Yooka Laylee disc only and simply went to gamestop and they gave me the case.

I use to do this but the store I use to do this at had a manager that didnt like me doing that and the guy that let me isnt there anymore.  Now Im a near thirty minute drive from the closest store to me now.  Not about to ring em up and ask if I can pick up boxes or make a trip for some boxes.  I just dont go to the store often anymore.  Maybe when I move again Ill live closer.

Either way, its not easy coming by a boxed copy of Beautiful Katamari anymore.

#286 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:04 PM

Got two out of my four games so far from B2G2. Mario Maker 2 was the first to show up and it came with the case. I'm surprised since a lot of people seem to be waiting on that one. Fire Emblem Three Houses showed up today and practically looks brand new!

Just waiting on Witcher 3 and DQ XI for Switch now, fingers crossed they also come with cases!

Update: That was quick, the rest of the order is now cancelled ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My order was canceled, too, but it said I wouldn't be charged. I double-checked my Paypal and my bank account, and sure enough, the $97.xx total was never charged to my account, even though I already received two of the games. Does this mean I'm not getting charged for them?

#287 djbasura   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

djbasura

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:12 PM

My order was canceled, too, but it said I wouldn't be charged. I double-checked my Paypal and my bank account, and sure enough, the $97.xx total was never charged to my account, even though I already received two of the games. Does this mean I'm not getting charged for them?

I only received two of my four games, and I got charged $47.xx.  My guess is they'll just charge you about the same whenever it finally hits your account

#288 dbaronjr  

dbaronjr

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:49 AM

I only received two of my four games, and I got charged $47.xx.  My guess is they'll just charge you about the same whenever it finally hits your account

Yup, I just got retroactively charged $42.xx, effectively now a B1G1, which I don't mind too much.

#289 djbasura   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

djbasura

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

And the saga continues.  I just got an email that Link’s Awakening has shipped and I got charged for it. No word on Mario Maker 2