- - - - -

GameStop Winter Sale (Starts Dec. 26th-29th In-Store) Live Now Online

#61 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:06 PM

I have never seen anyone on CAG for years, that was able to redeem an online cert. I don't even know why Gamestop still has online certs because they never work. Sorry, but you are going to have to call CS and get your points back.

Tried to redeem a $25 customer service issued cert the other day and that doesn't work either. Thanks GS lol

#62 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:14 PM

I can't bring myself to play long games (70 hours FF7 for me) anymore. I miss games like Twisted Metal and Burnout that you could play for about an hour.

I was only able to get in 1 order because most of the games that I "wanted" on Switch are sold out. I thought the sale was starting tonight, but this saves me the hassle of rushing home from a Christmas party.

My geriatric dog woke me up around 12:30 last night and I checked to see if the sale had started. I was able to get all the first party switch titles I was after.
I have a hard time playing RPGs on consoles these days. The sleep mode on handhelds has allowed me to play and finish dqviii on the 3ds and octopath traveler on switch. I generally prefer the quick arcade action of Mario kart 8 but I still like a good rpg every now and then

#63 Cloudx9  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:18 PM

Any cheap $1 item you can add on Gamestop.com to get free shipping? It says I need $0.82 to get free edge shipping.

#64 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:20 PM

Any cheap $1 item you can add on Gamestop.com to get free shipping? It says I need $0.82 to get free edge shipping.

UFC Personal Trainer: The Ultimate Fitness System for Xbox360 $0.99

https://www.gamestop...m/10090724.html

Here are some other XB360 cheap games to get free shipping. Sort price from low to high at the top.

https://www.gamestop...10.00&pmin=0.00

#65 Cloudx9  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:25 PM

UFC Personal Trainer: The Ultimate Fitness System for Xbox360 $0.99

https://www.gamestop...m/10090724.html

Here are some other XB360 cheap games to get free shipping. Sort price from low to high at the top.

https://www.gamestop...10.00&pmin=0.00

Thanks!!!

Edit: doesn't work since it counts the cheap $0.99 Xbox game as one of the free game

Edit 2: found some Funko Pez for $1.97 that worked.

#66 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2584 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

Thanks!!!

Edit: doesn't work since it counts the cheap $0.99 Xbox game as one of the free game

This should work.

https://www.gamestop...b/10063723.html

#67 Cloudx9  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:37 PM

This should work.

https://www.gamestop...b/10063723.html

Saw this 30 seconds too late, ah well wasted only $1 more. Will probably give the PEZ to some kid at my workplace.

#68 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:54 PM

what good is a buy 2 get 2 when they have no games in stock?

I was able to find some games.  I bought 8 games for a total of 136 dollars.  Best part is that I had already bought 6 of them from Target/Best Buy during the Christmas season, and I have been so lazy that I haven't opened them yet.  Once I return them, I will get 148 back.  So, I basically got Super Mario Maker 2 and Yoshi's Crafted World for free, plus saved another 12 bucks on my previous purchases.  And, since I felt like I already got really good deals on the previous 6, I am VERY happy with this promotion.

P.S.  Yeah, there were some cool games that I wanted that were not in stock used.  But, if you spend the time to look, there are still some good deals.

#69 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:00 PM

I think I really could stop buying games for the most part now, like I've been saying I would for a couple years now. The PS4 is now on its way out, and I really have almost every game I have any interest in. Still have a mountain of backlog from other platforms to keep me busy too.

I think at the very least, I can make a hard rule that I won't buy anything else unless it's around $10.

#70 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:02 PM

Is anyone else unable to redeem a PowerUp reward? I'm trying to do the Online Only $5 certificate but it keeps saying there was a problem even though I have enough points.

I have tried numerous times over the last 30 days to create an Online Only $5 dollar cert. but it NEVER works.  I go through the verification process, but it does work.  At least now I know it wasn't just me - must be wide spread.

Anyone else have trouble just using the website?  If I go into ANY web browser in regular mode, the site dies after a few pages with the same error message Request Header Too Large - even on my Galaxy Phone.  The only way I can shop is to us Private/Incognito mode in my browsers.  For a company struggling as much as Gamestop right now, they really don't need the extra hurdle of people not even being able to shop on their site.  Another year or 2 and we will look back on Gamestop the same way we look back on Blockbuster.  So sad.

#71 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:40 PM

Going to Ass rape the stores near me tomorrow before they close in Jan

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS EVERY1 :beer:

:beer:

#72 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:49 PM

Going to Ass rape the stores near me tomorrow before they close in Jan

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS EVERY1 :beer:

:beer:

Keep in mind the closing stores are exempt from any winter sales - so no B2G2 there.

#73 Junkrat  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:10 PM

Looks like cag16 is dead

#74 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

Glad I got my orders in last night before they ran out of stock on most of the Switch games. Now I can return the ones I bought prior to the sale and a return/rebuy on the set of 4 I couldn't order online.

#75 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

Glad I got my orders in last night before they ran out of stock on most of the Switch games. Now I can return the ones I bought prior to the sale and a return/rebuy on the set of 4 I couldn't order online.

Super tempted to try this with my b2g1 BF orders but I think they'd have a problem with that :P

#76 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:39 PM

Super tempted to try this with my b2g1 BF orders but I think they'd have a problem with that :P

I'm lucky to be on good terms with 2 SL's, so I usually don't have much issue.

#77 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 25 December 2019 - 07:21 PM

Unfortunate everything I'd consider going for is OOS preowned, solid deal.

#78 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 07:23 PM

Same for me.

#79 Buc-ee's  

Buc-ee's

Posted 25 December 2019 - 07:59 PM

It is on the frontpage of Slick Deals and they talk about using CAG16. That's why CAG16 does not work anymore and games are OOS.

#80 Kaijuboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Kaijuboy

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:59 PM

Anyone getting errors on the app? I placed an order, and got the PayPal email saying “You’ve submitted an order”, but the app gives me a pop-up saying “Error: one or more items are unavailable”, but all items are showing in-stock. I haven’t gotten a GS email, but I don’t want to resubmit and get double charged. :(

#81 UltraDoof  

UltraDoof

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

Anyone getting errors on the app? I placed an order, and got the PayPal email saying “You’ve submitted an order”, but the app gives me a pop-up saying “Error: one or more items are unavailable”, but all items are showing in-stock. I haven’t gotten a GS email, but I don’t want to resubmit and get double charged. :(

I’m in the same boat. I placed my order last night but it only shows on my PayPal and not on the Gamestop site.

#82 JakeM17   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   855 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

Paypal also seems to be selling a $100 Gamestop giftcard for $92.50.

#83 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8041 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:50 PM

Is the 10% off pre-owned games stacking with this deal if you still had that feature as part of the Pro Rewards membership?

#84 daring  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:53 PM

Is the 10% off pre-owned games stacking with this deal if you still had that feature as part of the Pro Rewards membership?

yea, it did for me.

#85 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

I can't bring myself to play long games (70 hours FF7 for me) anymore. I miss games like Twisted Metal and Burnout that you could play for about an hour.

I was only able to get in 1 order because most of the games that I "wanted" on Switch are sold out. I thought the sale was starting tonight, but this saves me the hassle of rushing home from a Christmas party.

Same here, I just don’t have the patience to finish long games anymore but Death Stranding made me play 80 hours and counting. Tf is wrong with that game. I’m pretty sure that’s the longest I’ve ever played a game for

#86 NeoMonk  

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:14 PM

stars wars jedi fallen order out of stock, literally the only reason why I would take advantage of this... pass. 

#87 sonicguile  

sonicguile

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:15 PM

I was going to order another 4 but CAG16 is dead.  Feels robbed, so I didn't order.  LOL 

#88 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:15 PM

stars wars jedi fallen order out of stock, literally the only reason why I would take advantage of this... pass.

I would’ve thought about it if it was cheaper like modern warfare but wasn’t it $54 pre owned before pro or elite membership?

#89 joshxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   461 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:02 AM

So the b2g2 sale is going to be in the store too right? Hopefully I can get what I want first thing in the morning

#90 investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2115 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

investor9872

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:50 AM

Do you guys know if GameStop will ship the Nintendo Switch games in the original cases?  The Switch game cases are quite small, and thin so they don't take up a lot of shelf-space.