{EXPIRED} GameStop: Sega Genesis Mini ($35) New

I got it in my cart right now but when I proceeed to checkout it's not showing up as $35. Is the deal dead?

Wondering how much lower it will go. A few Best Buy stores around me are sold out so it may be winding down..

Still waiting for the PlayStation Classic to drop back to $20 somewhere. About ready to just look into trading one of my extra SNES Minis I’ve had on the shelf for a while for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snagged one through the app with free shipping, thanks.

The page says the price is valid online only, curious if it actually works in store.

Went to buy in store and had to order from my phone to pick up 15 minutes later 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked one up. I saw it surfing for deals on it since Project Lunar was officially released. Amazon had a deal yesterday on the wireless controller for $21. Bonus.

Bought this yesterday for $50.  Luckily, I didn't open it but they would not price match at my local GameStop, instead telling me that I would need to return the system & do the web in store pick up separately.  Thankfully, my local GameStop is on by commute route so taking a second trip in is not a big deal.  Looking forward to mod this bad boy to add some further Genesis goodness.

Picked one up. I saw it surfing for deals on it since Project Lunar was officially released. Amazon had a deal yesterday on the wireless controller for $21. Bonus.

Bought this yesterday for $50. Luckily, I didn't open it but they would not price match at my local GameStop, instead telling me that I would need to return the system & do the web in store pick up separately. Thankfully, my local GameStop is on by commute route so taking a second trip in is not a big deal. Looking forward to mod this bad boy to add some further Genesis goodness.
not trying to be an ass but why do people get excited to mod these when you can just mod the other ones and put the same games on?

Sadly Best Buy will not price match. Oh well. Not worth it to rebuy and return.
I bought one from BB the week of Thanksgiving and called their 800 line. They checked the price at GS and tried to credit me the price difference but since I payed by cc they couldn't process the refund on their end. They left a note on my account and told me to go in store to get the refund. The cashier at the store just gave me the refund with no hassle.

I bought one from BB the week of Thanksgiving and called their 800 line. They checked the price at GS and tried to credit me the price difference but since I payed by cc they couldn't process the refund on their end. They left a note on my account and told me to go in store to get the refund. The cashier at the store just gave me the refund with no hassle.
PM Sent

not trying to be an ass but why do people get excited to mod these when you can just mod the other ones and put the same games on?
Why do you assume people buying these now already have another mini?

Also, some people like to keep the appropriate library on each individual console. Not a thing for you or me, but one reason.

damn, this tanked hard.
Which is sad because it was a product with a lot of love put into it by M2. The SNES and NES classics benefited from nostalgia AND the fact Nintendo really didn’t have collections at retail. The past two gens have seen (mixed) Genesis collections on most platforms and of course the awful ATgame consoles which I feel tarnished this for most consumers on arrival.

Why do you assume people buying these now already have another mini?

Also, some people like to keep the appropriate library on each individual console. Not a thing for you or me, but one reason.
I didn't assume they had the others. But they do have access to buying the others. So you're kinda proving my point.

Is this deal dead?  It's showing up as 49.99 after adding to cart and trying to checkout.  Dang, can't believe i missed this.

I didn't assume they had the others. But they do have access to buying the others. So you're kinda proving my point.
Do they, though? Both the SNES and NES Classic are no longer in production, and more expensive than $35 (and I don't think they ever went on sale). And I may be mistaken, but I think missing the PSClassic only allows you to add PS1 games.

So if someone doesn't already have a prior Mini, $35 to mod is a pretty good deal.

you can play almost anything really on the ps classic. except dreamcast,saturn runs like meh.

i bought the sega for the usb 3 button usb controllers on pc/psc etc and the option to load it up with system specific games to sort my collection.

With modding, having each individual system is definitely a tad superflous, but when the prices get low enough I think they are worth it, especially for the controllers. I never had a Genesis way back when so it's kind of fun to have the replica with official USB controllers. Mega Man adds further incentive as an official release.

With modding, having each individual system is definitely a tad superflous, but when the prices get low enough I think they are worth it, especially for the controllers. I never had a Genesis way back when so it's kind of fun to have the replica with official USB controllers. Mega Man adds further incentive as an official release.
One of my fondest memories of the early Mega Man series was the music. It had a very specific and unique sound that got emblazoned into my mind.

Hearing a 16 bit rendition was actually a turnoff for me (Wily Wars was a 16 bit European Master Drive conversion from 8 bit NES games [not sure if it's still 50hz though]).

With other games, not related to the SEGA Genesis mini, I suppose the 16 bit SMB (All Stars, SNES) conversion of 8 bit (NES) was equally a downer. 16 bit Ninja Gaiden (Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, SNES) from 8 bit (NES) to 16 bit (SNES) was definitely shitty - graphics were OK I guess, sound was terrible. Didn't even feel right. Poo. :(

I actually like the "old" sounding tunes.

Yeah, I could never play Genesis games on an SNES, sorry. I have to have the games on their respective systems with their controllers.

One of my fondest memories of the early Mega Man series was the music. It had a very specific and unique sound that got emblazoned into my mind.

Hearing a 16 bit rendition was actually a turnoff for me (Wily Wars was a 16 bit European Master Drive conversion from 8 bit NES games [not sure if it's still 50hz though]).

With other games, not related to the SEGA Genesis mini, I suppose the 16 bit SMB (All Stars, SNES) conversion of 8 bit (NES) was equally a downer. 16 bit Ninja Gaiden (Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, SNES) from 8 bit (NES) to 16 bit (SNES) was definitely shitty - graphics were OK I guess, sound was terrible. Didn't even feel right. Poo. :(

I actually like the "old" sounding tunes.
I most definitely prefer the original games and music. The Genesis ports / remakes are fun novelties, though, since MM is one of my favorite series of all time. MM2 feels off to me, but I'm having fun with MM1. I agree the music suffers, the Genesis' compressed audio makes the soundtrack a downgrade.

This version runs in 60hz and is based on the NTSC version which was never released as a cartridge.

bread's done
Back