* * * * - 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: AC: Odyssey, A Plague Tale, Puyo Puyo Champions, more | Square Enix | GwG: Shantae: HGH, Batman: TEW; Sonic Gen

#8461 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10552 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:30 AM

I'm sorry to see Mixer go and I understand their thought process behind wanting to have a presence in the streaming space, but Facebook Gaming is just not it at all. I realize their options are kind of a limited if they're not going to do it themselves, but...no.

This isn't as bad as the original X1 DRM stuff or anything, but it is really damaging to their image in the eyes of dedicated consumers. The amount of negative feedback compared to positive is huge.

#8462 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8222 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:33 AM

This isn't as bad as the original X1 DRM stuff or anything, but it is really damaging to their image in the eyes of dedicated consumers. The amount of negative feedback compared to positive is huge.

IDK,  I don't think 90% of console buyers care one way or the other.  

#8463 capndan   It's for your health! CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:34 AM

Crawl for $3.74, Tempting!

#8464 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:48 AM

Some of the prices for others regions on games don't make sense.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe Edition - $8.74 - 75% off

Sounds good, was thinking it might be under $20 in Australia but no. $27.48, was $109.95 lol. Not everything is this bad but there is a lot that are.

Also, Lego Harry Potter is not even on sale in Australia.

Currently playing Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun before it leaves gamepass, but now considering buying it on sale as not sure if I will finish before it leaves.

Might also be a good idea to hold off on purchases for a few days, as we should hear what next months games with gold is soon. Have they ever made a game games with gold while on sale?

#8465 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:58 AM

Some of the prices for others regions on games don't make sense.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe Edition - $8.74 - 75% off

Sounds good, was thinking it might be under $20 in Australia but no. $27.48, was $109.95 lol. Not everything is this bad but there is a lot that are.

Also, Lego Harry Potter is not even on sale in Australia.

Currently playing Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun before it leaves gamepass, but now considering buying it on sale as not sure if I will finish before it leaves.

Might also be a good idea to hold off on purchases for a few days, as we should hear what next months games with gold is soon. Have they ever made a game games with gold while on sale?

Recently I think Shantae Pirate's Curse was on sale before it became one of the GwG this month.

#8466 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10832 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:31 AM

I am happy that Adventures of Bertram Fiddle 2: A Bleaker Predicklement is on sale. I bought the first one for easy achievements but I liked the writing so I am definitely going to buy the next part.

#8467 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:45 AM

360 stuff

https://www.trueachi...-june-23rd-2020

#8468 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9073 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:05 AM

Bunch of 360 Ubisoft stuff (Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, but no AC or Far Cry) on sale for 75% off for the first time in ages. Definitely recommend getting anything you missed as a GWG. Theoretically all the BC Ubi stuff is fair game for the future, so I'm not sure what to get.

#8469 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:44 AM

I only watched mixer when they were giving away free games. I know very little about game streaming. I play a lot of games. Currently playing Journey to the savage planet. Should I start streaming? I tired years ago with Fallout 4 on PS4 but it made my screen smaller and I didn't like that so I stopped. I don't have a camera for Xbox One X. Am I supposed to be on camera and talk to people as I play?  Can I stream Savage Planet and just have people watch or do I need to get a camera and talk to them?

#8470 IDreamcasterI  

IDreamcasterI

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for the list.  Picked up Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon for $4.99.  That game regularly goes for $30+ on Ebay and is still one of the few Xbox 360 exclusives left.  First time I've ever seen it this cheap.

#8471 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:51 AM

As far as streamers go, or any entertainers for that matter, I think they deserve whatever money they are able to make. Should football players make a lot of money? Yes, because tons of people love football and pay for tickets or watch it on tv with advertisements. If the amount of viewers drop significantly then the players won’t make as much money anymore. Should Beyoncé make a lot of money? Yes, because tons of people like her and are willing to spend money on her albums and her shows. Should twitch streamers and youtubers make a lot of money? Sure, if they are popular. Why shouldn’t someone with millions of followers with enough interest to pay to watch (with money or by watching ads) make a lot of money? Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it has no value. I personally don’t care for football, Beyoncé, or video game streamers. But just because I don’t care about them doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of people who do

#8472 Zantra  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:13 AM

Mixer is closing, can't say I'm surprised. A Twitch beta sign up popped up recently in the Xbox Insiders program app.

#8473 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8750 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:21 AM

That detective arrifex mundi bundle is a hell of a deal. But I already own all 3.

Wish there were more on sale.

#8474 Zantra  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:35 AM

I ended up getting the LEGO Marvel Trilogy. I already owned all three games on other consoles, and the DLC, but I figured that I can use the easy achievements to keep doing my 50 points a day. And, I had some points that were expiring. So, I got them for about $9.50 of real money.

#8475 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7887 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:59 AM

Just grabbed Awesomenauts Assemble for $2.99 and Mecho Tales for 99 cents before last week's sales disappeared.  That was it for me.

#8476 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:20 PM

If anyone is looking for a cheap game with easy achievements, Sonic the Fighters(360) is one.  It unlocks an achievement after every stage you complete in arcade mode.  Best way to mark off that 50 point daily achievement option in MS Rewards.

Recently I think Shantae Pirate's Curse was on sale before it became one of the GwG this month.

Yeah, it was on sale about 2-3 weeks before they announced it was GwG.   I know because I bought it then, it was $2.99 last time it was on sale.

#8477 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:57 PM

Anyone have trouble buying backward compatible games on their mobile device? I’m trying to buy PoP: sands of time and when I go to purchase it the loading screen just sits with a green spinning circle and the transaction never completes. Worse case I just wait till I get home and use my Xbox or PC to buy it.

#8478 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

Did anybody ever get their Sonic Mania code for buying that movie promotion?

#8479 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:21 PM

Thoughts on the trials games? Fusion or rising?

I don't remember there being too much of a difference in gameplay, probably more unique stages for Rising. Honestly I don't think you could go wrong with either but I played the Original and Fusion a shitton.

#8480 entexman  

entexman

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:30 PM

Thoughts on the trials games? Fusion or rising?

I don't remember there being too much of a difference in gameplay, probably more unique stages for Rising. Honestly I don't think you could go wrong with either but I played the Original and Fusion a shitton.

I concur with Colddecembersnow. Either one will be more of the same Trials fun. Rising is newer so maybe go with that one if you have to choose?

#8481 Zantra  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:11 PM

Did anybody ever get their Sonic Mania code for buying that movie promotion?

Not yet. The promotion ended last week, and some people said the terms and conditions said that it would be mailed out to us up to two weeks after the promotion ended.

#8482 wormycoolness  

wormycoolness

Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:24 PM

Anyone have trouble buying backward compatible games on their mobile device? I’m trying to buy PoP: sands of time and when I go to purchase it the loading screen just sits with a green spinning circle and the transaction never completes. Worse case I just wait till I get home and use my Xbox or PC to buy it.

I've seen it to that too but only on a desktop computer. You can try to clear your browser cache or try later on a desktop computer. It will eventually work. 

#8483 Touch3  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:19 PM

Mixer is closing, can't say I'm surprised. A Twitch beta sign up popped up recently in the Xbox Insiders program app.

For the first half of this month Sea of Thieves just ran a promotion where you could get in game items by watching Twitch streams.  At the time, I thought "I wonder why they didn't push people to watch on Mixer?" ... Now it makes a bit more sense, since they wouldn't need to push people to a platform they were going to shut down anyway.

I also wonder how many achievements will be impacted by this.  There are a bunch that got disabled when the 360's FB app changed.

#8484 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3083 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:45 PM

I imagine the costs of maintaining servers for streaming are pretty high, given the amount of new data that gets archived around the clock. Companies like Amazon and Facebook just have money to burn and they make it back on advertising or other things. Same with Google and Youtube. Xbox's comparatively low install base and exclusivity means a lot of upkeep with lower levels of engagement compared to other platforms. 

I missed the boat on streaming culture, I just don't get it, but it's clearly very popular. It's too bad this option is going away, I really hope they stick to not integrating FB into the Xbox ecosystem any more than it already is (which is just for finding friends who have linked their gamertags).

#8485 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3679 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:58 PM

I don't following streaming and also don't understand the appeal (i'm too old), but i'm sad to see Mixer go away mostly because I don't want consolidated power (but also because competition in general is usually better for everyone in many ways).  I worries me when there are only a few platforms for any product or media for many different reasons including free speech, etc.

#8486 Zantra  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:11 PM

I passed my 30 week streak on the Xbox Rewards App today. I can't believe that it's been over half a year since I got my Xbox One X, it feels like only yesterday that I finally got one.

#8487 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11410 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:22 PM

Re: streamer discussion -- The funny thing is I actually do like and watch a lot of streamers (Jorraptor, Aztecross, Karl Jobst, Matty Plays, etc.), but I never actually watch them stream. I watch their Youtube content, which is bite-size, scripted, pre-produced content. The stuff that's more like a traditional radio show or podcast. I can't stomach just sitting and watching somebody play a game for 4 hours with no script and just shoot the breeze in real time. As a certified Old™, I'm on the wrong side of the generational divide for that.

#8488 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:30 PM

I passed my 30 week streak on the Xbox Rewards App today. I can't believe that it's been over half a year since I got my Xbox One X, it feels like only yesterday that I finally got one.

You might actually be the only person who feels the last half a year has flown by.

#8489 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:42 PM

I’m glad I’m not the only old fart who doesn’t get streaming. Back in my day we “streamed” games to our friends and siblings in the same room, promising them a turn once all our lives were used up, only to keep finding 1ups. Now get off my lawn!

#8490 RiPPn  

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:50 PM

You might actually be the only person who feels the last half a year has flown by.

March and April felt like time stood still, but so far May and June have flown by.  Here in AZ the virus is out of control though and things are starting to close back up so if we go back to full quarantine again I could see stuff slowing way down again.