* * * - - 21 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, more | Golden Week, Star Wars | GwG: Truck Racing Champ, Armello, Lego Batman

#48121 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:41 PM

Where does that link actually tell you your myVip rank? All i see is charts that display the thresholds even after signing in

#48122 bobbyblane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:50 PM

Prey Digital Deluxe for $6 and Valley for $1.50 (this game is a 7/10 for me - bought it cheap and enjoyed) are decent pickups on sale this week.  I think the Darksiders collection at $16 is also a new low for all 3 games... haven't played those yet so I may check that out.

#48123 snipermike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 19.4 Years Ago  

snipermike

Posted 24 January 2023 - 05:19 PM

I doubt anyone cares but I’ll give my 2 cents after playing the first 4 hours of Dead Space 2023 - I completed the original Dead space in October so it’s fresh in my mind . I’d say so far it’s 80% the same and with a few things being different. With this being a $70 game that might matter to you if you played the original a few times and you are sick of the puzzles and story beats . I can’t really explain it but it feels more like resident evil in space more than ever which makes it more fun to me. The difficulty does feel bumped up even though I’m just on normal the enemies do a ton of damage and if you don’t hit your shots you’ll get destroyed.The good news is if it’s too hard there’s a story mode to help you out . The controls are tight, graphics pop with fantastic lighting effects and the sound design is 10/10 .The guns are fun to use all with secondary firing modes that are fantastic . If anyone cares about achievements it looks like you can get all but 3 in one play through, unless there’s a way to cheese a save game at the end . Having said all that with it being $70 it’s hard to recommend in my opinion this is an instant buy at $40. I would think reviews coming out will be 7.5 to 8 range if I had to guess

#48124 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 24 January 2023 - 05:48 PM

Journey To The Savage Planet is getting a series x upgrade on Feb 14 the Employee of the month edition will include 60 fps and 4k and the Hot Garbage DLC

Employee Of The Month Edition - Journey to the Savage Planet : Journey to the Savage Planet (505games.com)

#48125 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 06:31 PM

Looking at eneba. Anyone have experience with this website and what are your thoughts?

#48126 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 24 January 2023 - 07:06 PM

Walter Sobchak's Reviews from the Bunker (The Pandemic Years)
7iQa57f.jpg

Hola amigos!  You are probably wondering where my reviews went...or not as I haven't really done a MysterD on them in any fashion. 

Before the Pandemic

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
3. Skyrim
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
5. Assassin's Creed II
6. Far Cry 3
7. Tomb Raider (2014)
8. Doom (2016)
9. Mass Effect 3
10. Splinter Cell: Conviction

After the Pandemic

1.  Mass Effect 2
2.  Red Dead Redemption II
3.  Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
4.  TIE:Skyrim/Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY 
5.  Red Dead Redemption
6.  Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
7.  Assassin's Creed II
8.  Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
9.  Far Cry 3
10. Tomb Raider (2014)

Unwrap the spoiler tag if you care about details...

Spoiler

#48127 bobbyblane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 07:09 PM

Looking at eneba. Anyone have experience with this website and what are your thoughts?

Between Eneba and CD Keys I'd definitely go with CD Keys.  I've had mixed results on Eneba.  I had one batch of codes for 1 month Game Pass that were 75% already redeemed.  It's not often mentioned here, but I do think the Gamestop $5 monthly coupon is a great way to get a deal on both Xbox credit and Game Pass if that's what you're looking for

#48128 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 07:54 PM

May have to get xbl deal on LoS and 2. They don't seem to go on sale too often.

Between Eneba and CD Keys I'd definitely go with CD Keys.  I've had mixed results on Eneba.  I had one batch of codes for 1 month Game Pass that were 75% already redeemed.  It's not often mentioned here, but I do think the Gamestop $5 monthly coupon is a great way to get a deal on both Xbox credit and Game Pass if that's what you're looking for

Thank you. Just comparing some of the game sales for this week vs eneba. Would have been nice to see an IO sale this week. I have purchased from CDKeys, good site. Some, not all,  of CDKeys games are more expensive or OOS vs eneba.

I may have too see what GS has for the $5 coupon. I have access to GPU for another 26 months and use rewards.

#48129 jlazenby1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2567 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 08:00 PM

There's also the double dip trick for the $5 GS that's been mentioned a few times. Works well and it's easy to pull off, have the page loaded and right at complete checkout, pay for the credit in store then afterwards hit complete order and you'll end up with $20 for $10

#48130 bobbyblane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 08:14 PM

There's also the double dip trick for the $5 GS that's been mentioned a few times. Works well and it's easy to pull off, have the page loaded and right at complete checkout, pay for the credit in store then afterwards hit complete order and you'll end up with $20 for $10

The best deal in credit to use towards the best deal in gaming (GP)  :xb1:

#48131 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12430 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 24 January 2023 - 08:46 PM

You don't have to do the online purchase immediately after, but you do have to do it second because it will disappear from your account after and I don't think they'll let you scan a barcode at the register to use the $5 for the in-store purchase.

As long as you save the code and use it before the end of the month, you are good to go.  BTW, ask me what I forgot to do after I did the in-store purchase...

#48132 bobbyblane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:26 PM

Microsoft is reporting Q2 earnings right now.  Looks like Xbox content and services are down 8% year over year.

FY23 Q2 - Press Releases - Investor Relations - Microsoft

#48133 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2391 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:47 PM

Microsoft is reporting Q2 earnings right now.  Looks like Xbox content and services are down 8% year over year.

Guessing Xbox hardware is lumped in with Surface stuff here: Devices revenue decreased 39%

#48134 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12345 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:54 PM

Guessing Xbox hardware is lumped in with Surface stuff here: Devices revenue decreased 39%

Sadly it actually does list Xbox content and services down 8% separately. I gotta wonder if GamePass is losing a good bit of money. I love it. Just hope it keeps it up in the long run.

#48135 Bryson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:10 PM

But this was to be expected no? The gaming industry saw an absolutely astronomical boom over the last 2 years when everyone was locked up at home. Being down only 8% now that everyone is going back to school and work is really not that bad. The key here is not that they saw a dip in sales but how they fared compared to their competition. I'm willing to bet that the rest of the industry saw a similar dip in sales.

Also keep in mind that Xbox is currently competing without really releasing any AAA 1st party games. What do you think is going to happen once they start the cadence of releasing a AAA every quarter? No other game company can match that. For all of the flack that Xbox received last year, Sony only managed to release GOW and Horizon last year because they got delayed from their original release date of 2021 and they currently have no 1st party games scheduled for all of 2023. Let that sink in.

#48136 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:49 PM

Pretty sure I'm late to the game on this, but I was playing a PC game for the Xbox app points, popped an achievement, and it gave me credit for the +50 when I logged in on Xbox later in the evening.

#48137 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   5160 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:56 PM

I’m shocked Xbox is only down 8%. At Christmas the only new games we got were for PS5 and Switch. I’m buying Harry Potter Hogwarts Legacy on Xbox but that’s the first big game I’ve bought on Xbox in a long time. Between Gamepass and just feeling like Xbox has been in a dry spell on games I want to play, it’s been a minute since I’ve bought anything big. I play Apex and Fortnite and Overwatch 2 on Xbox though because it’s my favorite ecosystem and favorite controller of the major consoles.

#48138 jlazenby1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2567 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:56 PM

You don't have to do the online purchase immediately after, but you do have to do it second because it will disappear from your account after and I don't think they'll let you scan a barcode at the register to use the $5 for the in-store purchase.

As long as you save the code and use it before the end of the month, you are good to go. BTW, ask me what I forgot to do after I did the in-store purchase...

I did the same this month so I've made it a rule to myself to do it immediately

Will be doing it in February though so I can pay for Hogwarts

#48139 Kromis   Für das Vaterland! CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 11:05 PM

I've had no problems with Eneba but you still have to be on the lookout for bad vendors. Eneba is a marketplace where vendors sell their keys. You'll have a less of a problem if you go for the highly rated ones (which could possibly be a little more expensive).

CDKeys has never been a problem for me but they are often more expensive.

#48140 adam31   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2023 - 11:37 PM

Sadly it actually does list Xbox content and services down 8% separately. I gotta wonder if GamePass is losing a good bit of money. I love it. Just hope it keeps it up in the long run.

Sadly this probably means an end sooner than later to Gamepass "discounts"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#48141 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   4418 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:11 AM

Pretty sure I'm late to the game on this, but I was playing a PC game for the Xbox app points, popped an achievement, and it gave me credit for the +50 when I logged in on Xbox later in the evening.

Just for fun, I left Solitaire running on my PC over the weekend while I was out of town and got the 50 points every day when I checked the Xbox app.  Not a bad thing for those of you who do the daily tasks there.  

#48142 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:38 AM

I've had no problems with Eneba but you still have to be on the lookout for bad vendors. Eneba is a marketplace where vendors sell their keys. You'll have a less of a problem if you go for the highly rated ones (which could possibly be a little more expensive).

CDKeys has never been a problem for me but they are often more expensive.

Thank you. Good to know.

Currently looking at Stock Supply and Gamtra, both at least 9.5.

#48143 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12345 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:42 AM

I’m shocked Xbox is only down 8%. At Christmas the only new games we got were for PS5 and Switch. I’m buying Harry Potter Hogwarts Legacy on Xbox but that’s the first big game I’ve bought on Xbox in a long time. Between Gamepass and just feeling like Xbox has been in a dry spell on games I want to play, it’s been a minute since I’ve bought anything big. I play Apex and Fortnite and Overwatch 2 on Xbox though because it’s my favorite ecosystem and favorite controller of the major consoles.

I mean there really was only two big exclusives on PS5. Not like there was dozens of them. Aside from those, pretty much everything I played and bought was on Xbox.

#48144 Captain Wrong   Dirty Commie CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:42 AM

Random question, is there a way to see if/when your MS credit expires? I have the monthly rewards that auto redeems but I haven’t been buying much and I’m afraid I could have some credit expire soon.

#48145 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12345 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:46 AM

Sadly this probably means an end sooner than later to Gamepass "discounts"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Noooo!!! Impossible!!! Those discounts should get even better. Microsoft should be paying us to subscribe to GamePass!

#48146 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12430 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:46 AM

Random question, is there a way to see if/when your MS credit expires? I have the monthly rewards that auto redeems but I haven’t been buying much and I’m afraid I could have some credit expire soon.

I BELIEVE you can see that info here:

https://account.micr...t.microsoft.com

#48147 deszaras   Omnis Vir Lupus CAGiversary!   2059 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:54 AM

But this was to be expected no? The gaming industry saw an absolutely astronomical boom over the last 2 years when everyone was locked up at home. Being down only 8% now that everyone is going back to school and work is really not that bad. The key here is not that they saw a dip in sales but how they fared compared to their competition. I'm willing to bet that the rest of the industry saw a similar dip in sales.

Also keep in mind that Xbox is currently competing without really releasing any AAA 1st party games. What do you think is going to happen once they start the cadence of releasing a AAA every quarter? No other game company can match that. For all of the flack that Xbox received last year, Sony only managed to release GOW and Horizon last year because they got delayed from their original release date of 2021 and they currently have no 1st party games scheduled for all of 2023. Let that sink in.

Everything is seeing a drop in revenue such as streaming services, websites and news. Seeing gaming having a loss too isn’t a surprise.

#48148 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2391 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 25 January 2023 - 01:17 AM

“Content and services” sounds like software and subscriptions to me.

#48149 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   6228 Posts   Joined 19.2 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 25 January 2023 - 01:42 AM

While not officially scheduled for 2023 yet, prolific voice actor Yuri Lowenthal who plays Spiderman says that Insomniac is confident they're releasing Spiderman 2 in 2023. Final Fantasy XVI isn't a first-party game, but it's a timed exclusive. It's the first M-rated non-spinoff entry in the series - I would be surprised if that didn't give the franchise a bigger push into the mainstream. And the second part of FF7 Remake releases just a few months after that in "Winter 2023". This year is going to be packed with great games.

#48150 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6114 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 25 January 2023 - 01:54 AM

I think Justin Roiland is about to disappear forever. He got fired from Rick and Morty too.

https://twitter.com/...2Mn8Bq6Hyw&s=19