* * * - - 24 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, more | Golden Week, Star Wars | GwG: Truck Racing Champ, Armello, Lego Batman

#18631 BWOzar   Give Vita a Chance! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:09 PM

You know what game I’ve been playing the most on my Xbox Series X? Dirt 5. Game is a blast. Looks fantastic, rock solid frame rate. Best arcade racer in quite a while IMO.

Yea I'd like to co-sign this.  That game is fun as hell and a pretty impressive showpiece for all the new lighting effects on Series X.  Just "beat" it last night (only achievement is left is for grinding out more miles driven which no thanks).

• awp likes this

#18632 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1215 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:51 PM

Anyone else's Halo MCC not upgrading to Series X? I moved some games from my One X to the internal drive on the Series X. On did upgrade but MCC didn't. Don't want to download that beast again.

#18633 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2806 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:01 PM

You know what game I’ve been playing the most on my Xbox Series X? Dirt 5. Game is a blast. Looks fantastic, rock solid frame rate. Best arcade racer in quite a while IMO.

I really want to like it. The navigator is way beyond what i want or need in a game. I found myself trying to understand what the hell they were saying instead of driving any well. 

#18634 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12582 Posts   Joined 19.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:09 PM

I really want to like it. The navigator is way beyond what i want or need in a game. I found myself trying to understand what the hell they were saying instead of driving any well.

What navigator? I don’t hear anyone telling me how to navigate. Are we even talking about the same game?

#18635 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   12542 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:11 PM

TCL put out a statement concerning the gaping security hole in their Android based TVs:

TCL was recently notified by an independent security researcher of two vulnerabilities in Android TV models. Once TCL received notification, the company quickly took steps to investigate, thoroughly test, develop patches, and implement a plan to send updates to resolve the matter. Updating devices and applications to enhance security is a regular occurrence in the technology industry, and these updates should be distributed to all affected Android TV models in the coming days.

#18636 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1468 Posts   Joined 19.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:15 PM

Anyone else's Halo MCC not upgrading to Series X? I moved some games from my One X to the internal drive on the Series X. On did upgrade but MCC didn't. Don't want to download that beast again.

I can't really tell if it did or not... it seems fast, but I haven't played it in forever for comparison. Main thing I noticed is I had to reset the HDR settings to make it playable.

I did redownload it to the internal drive to see if it made a difference; besides the load time, I can't really tell.

#18637 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:02 PM

I'm sorry for those of you that will be affected by this crap.

Comcast to enforce 1.2TB data cap in entire 39-state territory in early 2021

I'd been considering temporarily switching back to them (for new customer deals) once my FIOS contract is up, but this will put an end to that notion.

#18638 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16425 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:19 PM

I'd been considering temporarily switching back to them (for new customer deals) once my FIOS contract is up, but this will put an end to that notion.

I actually had no clue this was even a thing until I cut cable last year and was asked if I needed more data. In those three years, I found out I never even came close to cap and that's with plenty of downloads, streaming, etc. Even this month after all the tech upgrades and downloads I'm still under cap. WTF are people doing that they need over 1.2TB per month?

#18639 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7352 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:22 PM

Well, I would appear to be in the clear, but I hope I can land a Series X before the cap goes into effect in my area to get the enhancements for my current backlog.

Spoiler

#18640 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   4065 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:28 PM

Fuuuuuuck that. 

Verizon has no data cap and we're on their fastest available. I know they throttle it during peak times but we download huge games and stream 4k without ever worrying about caps. 

#18641 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:28 PM

This pandemic has shown us that data caps are nothing but a cash grab. ISPs lifted caps and overage fees when everyone started working from home and the internet didn’t crash or degrade.

Fuck monopolies

#18642 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3881 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:30 PM

I actually had no clue this was even a thing until I cut cable last year and was asked if I needed more data. In those three years, I found out I never even came close to cap and that's with plenty of downloads, streaming, etc. Even this month after all the tech upgrades and downloads I'm still under cap. WTF are people doing that they need over 1.2TB per month?

4k video is around 7GB per hour I think.  That probably adds up if you have a full house that's watching streaming video, downloading games, etc.  It's still a somewhat high cap to reach.  I hate the idea of caps, but I do understand how there are plenty of people sharing wifi, etc. that probably abuse the system.

#18643 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16425 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:31 PM

4k video is around 7GB per hour I think.  That probably adds up if you have a full house that's watching streaming video, downloading games, etc.  It's still a somewhat high cap to reach.  I hate the idea of caps, but I do understand how there are plenty of people sharing wifi, etc. that probably abuse the system.

Ha, that makes sense. Just another reason we'll never have kids. ;)

#18644 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:36 PM

Consuming all their media digitally. I would go over every month if I didn't offload some of my bandwidth through other accounts I have access to. Hell, when I finally got my first Xbox One when the X launched, I used 600GB in the first twelve hours just downloading the handful of 360 games I owned and the few One games I had purchased over the previous couple of months. I shudder every time I check my list of games that need updates and see several with 30+ GB patches.

#18645 FamedGuardian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2417 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

FamedGuardian

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:51 PM

I run up against the Comcast cap nearly every month. Ended up turning off automatic updates on Xbox and PS5 so I’m selective on what I update or download. As soon as I saw the massive patches for Call of Duty last year, I uninstalled it and sold the game...

Comcast actually increased their cap from 1024 to over 1200 this year, too.

#18646 Donken   Nominated for Dumbest Post on the Site by Wombat CAGiversary!   5233 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:57 PM

Cox has caps here too, I use CenturyLink and they have no caps at the moment. I use at least 2tb a month, we have about 20 devices on our WiFi.

#18647 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5083 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:10 PM

Consuming all their media digitally. I would go over every month if I didn't offload some of my bandwidth through other accounts I have access to. Hell, when I finally got my first Xbox One when the X launched, I used 600GB in the first twelve hours just downloading the handful of 360 games I owned and the few One games I had purchased over the previous couple of months. I shudder every time I check my list of games that need updates and see several with 30+ GB patches.

600 GB used to be the Comcast cap when they started it in Atlanta in 2013.  I didn't even get a notification that they had started a cap, just a notification the first month I went over.  You get three strikes and then you start paying overages.  They moved it to 1.2 TB in Atlanta in early 2014 right after my first strike and that didn't reset it.  When I moved to Tennessee it was the same cap here.  Best part is even though I closed my account in GA and opened a new one in TN, I still had my first strike from GA. And the strikes are lifetime.

Yea I'd like to co-sign this.  That game is fun as hell and a pretty impressive showpiece for all the new lighting effects on Series X.  Just "beat" it last night (only achievement is left is for grinding out more miles driven which no thanks).

It's killing me that buying Dirt 5 at launch wasn't in my budget.  If I still had Best Buy's 20% off I'd have used it and hoped for getting a price match later.

I thought this was already everywhere for them by now.  

It's super easy to go over for cable cutters.  We do have four people in the house and watch in HD, sometimes 4K.  I had to shut down our modem the last couple days of the month several times.  Had to turn off auto updates on consoles.  That was a killer as I just leave stuff on my 6tb and 4tb drives so I'm not constantly redownloading games and wasting bandwidth, but all of the constant updating was killing me, especially stuff like CoD, Gears and Halo.  Seems like Smite and Paladins have 13gb updates every week.  I would watch our cap and download as much as I could if we had room at the end of the month.  Local utility started fiber  for $10 more a month than Comcast's discounted rate I'd have to call about once a year and keep trying until you found someone who would agree.  Switched to them the moment I could and now instead of 150/10 and a 1.2t cap for $55 a month I have 500/500 and no cap.  Couldn't be happier to ditch the devil.

#18648 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:15 PM

what did everyone pick up from the black friday sales?? online and in store??

#18649 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   8106 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:19 PM

I don't understand how people survive on less than 1TB of data a month. 

#18650 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:26 PM

I use around 4tb a month so I have to pay the extra $50

#18651 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9247 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:32 PM

I've been enjoying Hotshot Racing.  It's like the last Sonic Racing game without all the stupid Sonic crap.

#18652 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2023 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:35 PM

We regularly come very close to our 1.2 tb cap with cox. They apparently don’t give you any “strikes” because the one month I did go over I got hit with a $20 overage fee. I’ve also had to turn off auto updates and try to be selective with game pass downloads. I have my usage page bookmarked and regularly check it, especially before downloading large games

#18653 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7352 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:46 PM

I don't think I'll have a scan up tonight.  I kicked off a baseline scan about 3 hours ago and it's only about a fifth of the way through.  Not sure if MS is throttling my IP or if there's another problem on their end.

#18654 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:58 PM

I guess I don’t hit the data cap with Comcast, but is there any way to see your usage? I checked the bill and a couple pages on my account but can’t seem to find anything. Shitty that they’re implementing the cap though. Maybe if this winter is as bad as people are predicting they’ll change their minds again since people will probably be working at home next year as well.

#18655 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7352 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:03 AM

I guess I don’t hit the data cap with Comcast, but is there any way to see your usage? I checked the bill and a couple pages on my account but can’t seem to find anything. Shitty that they’re implementing the cap though. Maybe if this winter is as bad as people are predicting they’ll change their minds again since people will probably be working at home next year as well.

Login to your account, go to Services and then Internet.  There's a View Data Usage link for me on the right.

#18656 danh35   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:06 AM

I use around 4tb a month so I have to pay the extra $50

Do you have Comcast? If you rent their xfi modem for $25, it comes with unlimited data.

#18657 sleepwalkingninja   Banned Banned   275 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

sleepwalkingninja

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:12 AM

Do you have Comcast? If you rent their xfi modem for $25, it comes with unlimited data.

It's only $30 a month if you have your own hardware. I'm guessing they don't have Comcast if they're paying $50 a month (unless they've been overpaying this whole time and Comcast didn't let them know about the unlimited data option).

#18658 bigmike34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

bigmike34

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:14 AM

Well this is horseshit. Only broadband provider in my building and been averaging 1.4 looking at my last four bills.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#18659 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6256 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:29 AM

I live alone and I still scrape up against the bandwidth cap some months. Regular downloading on 3 consoles, and pretty much 16 hours of streaming a day during work from home.

#18660 deszaras   Omnis Vir Lupus CAGiversary!   2139 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:37 AM

Mine got patched but it’s on an external drive. The file size is just to big for me to want to move it to the internal.