* * * * - 17 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, more | Golden Week, Star Wars | GwG: Truck Racing Champ, Armello, Lego Batman

#20371 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11305 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 03:57 PM

I did the same thing last year, MoviesAnywhere is a complete gamechanger for digital movies being appealing. After doing some 4k streaming on a TCL, I got hooked buying 4k movies, since even if you have streaming services, there isn't as extensive a collection of 4k content as I'd like (and Netflix charges more for it). Disney Plus is the only service that has consistently offered 4k without upcharging.

The trade/sell movie code thread is a great place to look, too, especially since you just discovered it.

The MeWe communities and Blu-Ray forums are also great for buying codes and have a lot more activity than the thread here.

#20372 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:05 PM

Can someone please explain to me how I can view replies on other people's Twitter posts? For example, I want to read some of the replies to a wario64 tweet but anytime I click on the reply it's just asking me to reply and I have no idea how to view everyone else's replies.

#20373 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1760 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:14 PM

Bought fuser and fighterz ultimate which are $55 before tax and my punchcard reads $42/$50 which is annoying

#20374 sp0rklez  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:24 PM

<insert obligatory complaint about not getting free Xbox monies in my email>

I got that last one after all of the "gifts" were gone, but other than that one I barely get them. But I'm happy some of you got it.

What's everyone's thoughts on AC Valhalla? Is it worth the $45 price or should I use my Cyberpunk refund money to just go ahead and rebuy Cyberpunk on Series X? I never should have kept my PS4 preorder.  :booty:

#20375 Miker525  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:27 PM

Damn I keep not getting these free xbox monies emails. Is there some list I should be on?

#20376 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1569 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:29 PM

Can someone please explain to me how I can view replies on other people's Twitter posts? For example, I want to read some of the replies to a wario64 tweet but anytime I click on the reply it's just asking me to reply and I have no idea how to view everyone else's replies.

Try clicking the body of the original tweet and not a button or link.

#20377 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1327 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:35 PM

I know final fantasy x/x2 and xii are supposedly coming to game pass. Why am I still tempted to buy them?

#20378 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:47 PM

I know final fantasy x/x2 and xii are supposedly coming to game pass. Why am I still tempted to buy them?

They're all great games. If they went $20 or less I'd be tempted too, but they've hovered at $25 sale prices forever and that's more than I'd want to spend.

#20379 gpn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 05:49 PM

Just got an email from Xbox (xboxreps@engage.xbox.com) with the subject "Gifts for Gamers Made Easy." I clicked in the area with the four game tiles and found a hidden scratcher game for $5 MS bucks.

Checking inbox...

I%2BGot%2BA%2BRock.gif

#20380 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1826 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:07 PM

Finally got around to figuring out this Screen Pass thing, so here's one for someone:

https://moviesanywhe.../SXVW6TBMJ2UXN6

#20381 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:13 PM

Finally got around to figuring out this Screen Pass thing, so here's one for someone:

https://moviesanywhe.../SXVW6TBMJ2UXN6

Thanks! Used it for Hidden Figures.

#20382 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1826 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:52 PM

Not sure if I can do this $50 punch card after doing the last one, but I'm definitely considering that Terminator game which I didn't even know about, so that would be a $20 start.

#20383 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3616 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:53 PM

Not sure if I can do this $50 punch card after doing the last one, but I'm definitely considering that Terminator game which I didn't even know about, so that would be a $20 start.

What’s the punchcard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20384 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1826 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:53 PM

What’s the punchcard?

Get 5000 points for spending $50 in the Holiday Countdown sale.

#20385 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11027 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:55 PM

Started playing Battle Chasers: Nightwar since I was looking for a good turn-based game. Just easier to chill on turn-based combat and I have read good things about it. This game is pretty cool so far. Another win for GP for sure. Not a game I would buy in most cases but now that I have played it there is a chance if it left I might pick it up to finish it.

#20386 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11305 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:57 PM

I’m going to wait to see if Terminator goes on sale on PSN with the PS5 upgrade announced. Though I’m pissed that they seem to be ignoring Xbox so in some ways I don’t want to support the dev at all.

#20387 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8643 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:01 PM

Started playing Battle Chasers: Nightwar since I was looking for a good turn-based game. Just easier to chill on turn-based combat and I have read good things about it. This game is pretty cool so far. Another win for GP for sure. Not a game I would buy in most cases but now that I have played it there is a chance if it left I might pick it up to finish it.

If you have Game Pass, you should try Dragon Quest XI if you haven't already.  It's got its hooks in me.  So much to see and do in that one.

#20388 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2641 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:17 PM

Playing Cyberpunk on my Series X and it's pretty fucking great. Fallout 76 and Avengers are far bigger pieces of shit and no-one got refunds for those. 

#20389 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:29 PM

Try clicking the body of the original tweet and not a button or link.

That worked thanks.

#20390 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2469 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:41 PM

Droppin in a screen pass

https://moviesanywhe.../SBRUJ7K2RN96DC

#20391 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11305 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:51 PM

Playing Cyberpunk on my Series X and it's pretty fucking great. Fallout 76 and Avengers are far bigger pieces of shit and no-one got refunds for those.

I’m loving it on my Series X too but it should have never been released on last gen consoles in the state it was in. So I can understand the refund situation. If it had only been on Series S/X and PS5, it would have been a totally different story. CDPR not showing it on X1/PS4 before release was also not cool based on everything.

That said I’m still having a blast with it on XSX. And looks pretty great too. I’ll be curious to see what the next gen patches do. Only concern is if those kill the pretty smooth performance it has now.

#20392 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3616 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:01 PM

Get 5000 points for spending $50 in the Holiday Countdown sale.

Thank you.

#20393 The Ebbtide   Hi. CAGiversary!   1795 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

The Ebbtide

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:02 PM

All the main Halo games on 360 are getting their servers shut down in 1 year. Only Spartan Assault and Halo Wars are staying up. Kinda sucks, they still aren't quite up to 100% in all of the playlist support, hopefully they get there.

https://www.halowayp...ervices-in-2021

Were Halo 4 or ODST ever Games with Gold?  I think 3 and Reach were.  

It's not about entitlement (I own all of these already), it just would have been nice if they gave these games away for free before they delisted them, especially since they're Xbox exclusives.  Even Halo Wars and Spartan Assault are still fun to play.  I just wish they wouldn't delist things, especially Xbox exclusives, without notice and a massive sale on them.

"Like these games?  Try the Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 on Xbox One and Series S|X with enhancements, and a look for Halo Infinite some time in 2021 (maybe...)."

Could people try asking about this on social media?  Xbox has been doing well with trying to support their gaming community with backwards compatibility, and these are older titles, so giving them away shouldn't be a massive loss since they're pulling them already.  

#20394 The Prize Fighter Inferno   XBL: Greendale CC CAGiversary!   1209 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:04 PM

https://moviesanywhe.../SC8MJ67HBAETZJ

#20395 terminal escapism  

terminal escapism

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:12 PM

I've played over 80 hours of Cyberpunk on One S, my 2 cents in few words:

The open world design is incredible, story is intense an characters are interesting. These are probably the best i've ever seen in a videogame. The gameplay is fun, especially once you level up a little and get some augments, you get pretty good at moving, shooting and hacking.

My biggest complaint is how the city is not very interactive, it's awesome to look at, but the poor NPC AI and very few open world interactions are unimmersive. On the technical side, it's the huge frame rate drops when in vehicles in the denser parts of the city and the occasional game crashes. (I still feel the game is not as buggy as Fallout or Skyrim, even way past launch)

I haven't had many graphic bugs, but the car physics, with crashing and stuff, are rough around the edges.

Overall, it looks like a potentially great game in beta stage. I'm having fun with it, but like I said here before release, anyone on the fence should probably wait 6 months.

Edit: Oh, and forgot to mention, the music in this game is multiple eargasm!

#20396 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3616 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:24 PM

I've played over 80 hours of Cyberpunk on One S, my 2 cents in few words:

The open world design is incredible, story is intense an characters are interesting. These are probably the best i've ever seen in a videogame. The gameplay is fun, especially once you level up a little and get some augments, you get pretty good at moving, shooting and hacking.

My biggest complaint is how the city is not very interactive, it's awesome to look at, but the poor NPC AI and very few open world interactions are unimmersive. On the technical side, it's the frame rate drops when in vehicles in the denser parts of the city and the occasional game crashes. (I still feel the game is not as buggy as Fallout or Skyrim, even way post launch)
I haven't had many graphic bugs, but the car physics, with crashing and stuff, are rough around the edges.

Overall, it looks like a potentially great game in beta stage. I'm having fun with it, but like I said here before release, anyone on the fence should probably wait 6 months.

Fair review and I agree. It’s weird but your complaints sorta fade on the PC. I’m playing on a series X and on Pc and for sure the world feels more alive on the PC.

#20397 terminal escapism  

terminal escapism

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:39 PM

Fair review and I agree. It’s weird but your complaints sorta fade on the PC. I’m playing on a series X and on Pc and for sure the world feels more alive on the PC.

But it's the same game and AI on PC. The world feels lived in, but per example you can hardly talk to any npc's in freeroam. In 80 hours of playing, I've been able to give money to a homeless person once, thats all, and I've tried. Someone else was asking food from me at some point but I couldn't interact with them. And the food vendors, why are they only selling the same crap as the vending machines and why don't we have access to the same eating animations present in the story sections? Also, i'd like to see a better police AI/system. I was shooting it out with a gang with cops standing in between, not reacting, even though they were getting shot at, but not from me personally. All details like this makes it feel unfinished and break the immersion.

#20398 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3616 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:48 PM

But it's the same game and AI on PC. The world feels lived in, but per example you can hardly talk to any npc's in freeroam. In 80 hours of playing, I've been able to give money to a homeless person once, thats all, and I've tried. Someone else was asking food from me at some point but I couldn't interact with them. And the food vendors, why are they only selling the same crap as the vending machines and why don't we have access to the same eating animations present in the story sections? Also, i'd like to see a better police AI/system. I was shooting it out with a gang with cops standing in between, not reacting, even though they were getting shot at, but not from me personally. All details like this makes it feel unfinished and break the immersion.

I’m playing on PC and I’ve had interactions in all those instances that are totally different from yours. The preaching guy. If you interact with him enough will get shot in a gang shootout then you will get a prompt to investigate what happened.

The police AI is mad aggro in my experience.

How do you know that the extra computing power doesn’t add to the AI on PC?

I mean the game in my experience is more alive on PC. The streets have more cars, the crowds are larger. I’ve seen gangs get in shootouts on PC. Haven’t seen that on Xbox.

There are a shit ton of bugs and I’m pretty sure a lot of AI interactions are bugged because the AI can be inconsistent.

You’re playing on a One S. I can totally see CDPR dumbing down the AI on that system just to have the game run at all.

#20399 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1327 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:50 PM

They're all great games. If they went $20 or less I'd be tempted too, but they've hovered at $25 sale prices forever and that's more than I'd want to spend.

My problem is I’m having a nostalgia trip for FFX specifically, and that 5000 rewards points bonus.

Maybe if I buy them, you can all thank me when they finally hit GP in January.

#20400 CaptainButtlord   bang bang what's the hang CAGiversary!   1315 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

CaptainButtlord

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:53 PM

Looked on eBay to see if anyone was selling a cheap copy of cyberpunk and looks like eBay took all the listings down...