* * * * - 17 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, more | Golden Week, Star Wars | GwG: Truck Racing Champ, Armello, Lego Batman

#26371 The Ebbtide   Hi. CAGiversary!   1779 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

The Ebbtide

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:21 PM

Stop stealing my publicly posted ideas, Phil.

#26372 kcobra22  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:36 PM

quick resume still surprises me. I'll play different games, unplug my console and move it to a different room, and when I load up yakuza from last week its still just open right where I left off.

#26373 Series M  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:49 PM

quick resume still surprises me. I'll play different games, unplug my console and move it to a different room, and when I load up yakuza from last week its still just open right where I left off.

I try to close out of my games when I play them. Every so often I will forget and quick resume will surprise me. Then it will surprise me again in twenty minutes when the game just closes on me for no reason.

#26374 idogames  

idogames

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:47 PM

What the heck, I don't have the 10k punch card. My wife got it on her Xbox. Bummer, I was looking for a good excuse to pull myself away from Sea of Thieves for a bit.

#26375 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5075 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:50 PM

Apparently when Destiny came back up for the new season, they accidentally enabled crossplay early. People in the same clan on different platforms were able to join each other in orbit, but then got error messages. It's not supposed to be live for at least another season.

They then shut down the game for "emergency maintenance" for an hour to remove it.

#26376 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 11 May 2021 - 10:01 PM

Perfect time for the 10,000 points achievement challenge as I recently picked up the seven games from the Double Dragon & Kunio Kun library when they were on sale a week or two ago with MS points.

That is 600 points per game just by doing menu settings without even playing the game itself. Then can do for my wife's and son's account. Of course going to play the games and save often to try and get the full 1,000 points for each game. Been a long time since I played these classics.

#26377 .Beowulf  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 10:54 PM

What the heck, I don't have the 10k punch card. My wife got it on her Xbox. Bummer, I was looking for a good excuse to pull myself away from Sea of Thieves for a bit.

good luck with that I'm like 15 months deep into piracy

I'm spending a few hours getting myself a start on these points then I'm going back to the sea

#26378 MalakianXVII   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

MalakianXVII

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:25 PM

Perfect time for the 10,000 points achievement challenge as I recently picked up the seven games from the Double Dragon & Kunio Kun library when they were on sale a week or two ago with MS points.

That is 600 points per game just by doing menu settings without even playing the game itself. Then can do for my wife's and son's account. Of course going to play the games and save often to try and get the full 1,000 points for each game. Been a long time since I played these classics.

Same here, this might be one of my easiest paths to getting this done.

#26379 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4382 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:47 PM

CenturyLink is out front running the fiber lines to my new house right now! Then the installer comes later today to hook up the house. I don’t move in for another week still but after having 40mbps I’m so excited to have 940mbps with unlimited data.

Just got CenturyLink a few months ago when we moved and also went from 40mbps to 940mbps and it has been life changing. Haven't seen a buffer or spinning circle while streaming and game downloads are much faster. Had some old ethernet cables that I had to upgrade to maximize the faster speeds though.

#26380 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7107 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:23 AM

As a person who does Bing and Microsoft Rewards stuff for three people every single day, these 10,000 gamerscore punch cards seem like the biggest waste of time.

But good luck and have fun.

#26381 .Beowulf  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:33 AM

Doom 64 is a lot more trippy when you have service lag on the pc cloud and a bluetooth controller that also comes with some odd lag and imperfect sensitivities

feels like a really really dark trip turned full blown seizure with all the flashing red and blue lights thrown on top

#26382 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:36 AM

As a person who does Bing and Microsoft Rewards stuff for three people every single day, these 10,000 gamerscore punch cards seem like the biggest waste of time.

But good luck and have fun.

Nah, not trying for 10,000 for each account but for these seven games it is a quick 4,200 points for each account just playing around with the menu settings. Will spread them out to get the extra 50 points each day as well.

For my account although I will try for the 7,000 points with those games. Then see if any other easy ones to boost my account. Doubt I will get 10,000 as I have not done so with the two previous ones. Hard enough to get time to play games for myself as is.

#26383 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7107 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:43 AM

Hard enough to get time to play games for myself as is.

This sentence. That's why I don't bother with achievement punch cards. I want to play what I want and not worry about earning achievements or gamerscore, for myself or others.

#26384 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3614 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:47 AM

This sentence. That's why I don't bother with achievement punch cards. I want to play what I want and not worry about earning achievements or gamerscore, for myself or others.

Yup. It's a fools errand. The older I get, the more important time with my family and having legit fun has become. I don't play anything I don't enjoy. F that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#26385 caggamer1   Banned Banned   27 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

caggamer1

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:53 AM

Achievements are the main fun for me, more than the games themselves so I'll be going for the punch card.

#26386 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1725 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:03 AM

Is Marvel’s Avengers worth checking out and are there issues with it I should be aware of? I’m looking to try something different and Gamestop has it on sale right now for $25.

#26387 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:09 AM

Oh I agree with you as plenty of times after a hard day at work and do spend time with my wife and son, if I get some time to play after he goes to bed I just want to blow sh*t up or have some fun running around and gunning down people in COD or other online shooters. They just tend to kill me a lot more. 

I had bought those seven games to play as I am also an old school gamer and love blasts from the past (some age better than others).  It just happened to work out they have some quick achievements with these particular games.

#26388 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3611 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:30 AM

Definitely might be a waste of time if you waste 10+ hours just trying to 100% the really quick shitty games with easy GS. But if you use it as motivation to play through some backlog games, it's actually quite nice.

The 3K Mass Effect GS this week should help out too! 😁

You'd think, but for some reason ME is 2,915 instead of 3k.

#26389 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:40 AM

Im in the same boat. Wife's account has it, mine doesn't. Wife's account also had a special "FIFA 21" punchcard that didn't require downloading or anything. Looked like it was a "Join Gamepass" type

#26390 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:40 AM

You'd think, but for some reason ME is 2,915 instead of 3k.

Huh, why the odd number and not 3k?

#26391 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7107 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:43 AM

Were there achievements tied to the multiplayer in the original?

#26392 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11245 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:01 AM

#26393 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:16 AM

Is Marvel’s Avengers worth checking out and are there issues with it I should be aware of? I’m looking to try something different and Gamestop has it on sale right now for $25.

It’s worth $25. I’m still enjoying it. It looks great and runs really well on Series X.

#26394 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5075 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:43 AM

Were there achievements tied to the multiplayer in the original?

Yeah, but that still doesn't add up. The old trilogy has around 4K gamerscore with all DLC. There are new combined achievements for stuff like 500 kills that carry over between games that I think threw off the obvious option of 1000 per game, but not sure what they were going for with the random amount.

#26395 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2159 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:45 AM

Definitely might be a waste of time if you waste 10+ hours just trying to 100% the really quick shitty games with easy GS. But if you use it as motivation to play through some backlog games, it's actually quite nice.

This speaks to me.  There are so many games I want to play from GPU and Games with Gold that whenever these 10k challenges come up, I use the opportunity to go through my backlog/wishlist since a lot give easy achievements in the beginning.

#26396 Sielanas  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:54 AM

That is a derivative piece of jank that happens to look good from the proper angle. Single player is supposed to be decent, I'm waiting for $10.

#26397 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1725 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:57 AM

It’s worth $25. I’m still enjoying it. It looks great and runs really well on Series X.

That is a derivative piece of jank that happens to look good from the proper angle. Single player is supposed to be decent, I'm waiting for $10.

So [for Marvel's Avengers] it stands at one vote yes and one vote no (at least until it hits the bargain bin). Anyone else care to be the tiebreaker?

Edit - Added text in brackets

Edited by GamerSavage, 12 May 2021 - 03:58 AM.

#26398 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2903 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:09 AM

I played through the single player campaign and it is about as boring a game experience as I've had. Not terrible just does nothing to stand out. I had zero interest in returning to play with other characters. 

#26399 RiPPn  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:10 AM

Me and my wife's account didn't get the 10k quest, but both our kids did.  Oh well, I'm heavy into Nier: Replicant and Outriders so kind of relieved I don't need to bother.

#26400 .Beowulf  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:33 AM

Me and my wife's account didn't get the 10k quest, but both our kids did.  Oh well, I'm heavy into Nier: Replicant and Outriders so kind of relieved I don't need to bother.

seems odd to be a targeted thing yours might pop up in a day or 2

it's possible it could be targeted but i'd be surprised for something this big that is typically available to everyone but who knows stranger things have happened with microsoft rewards