* * * - - 10 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#3331 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:26 PM

sounds like planet fitness

Because it is!!

#3332 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:28 PM

Planet Fitness........the place for cross-fitters, not real body builders.

#3333 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3293 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:34 PM

Cross fit is a joke

#3334 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3139 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:51 PM

Cross fit is a joke

I Crossfit and I’ll own you in everything lifting or fitness related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3335 TurkeyOnRye   Hey? Is this velvet? CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

TurkeyOnRye

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:19 PM

We've been using Amazon "Subscribe and Save" for a few years now to buy household essentials and have forgotten a few times to cancel the shipments we didn't need and amassed a decent stash of toilet paper and Clorox wipes out of sheer accident.

A quick look at the stock market and... yup, I think we might be the new upper class.

#3336 lost18   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:24 PM

Including back injuries.

#3337 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3139 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:25 PM

Including back injuries.

That’s cause you weak or have shitty form.

#3338 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:28 PM

I get all my news about the outside world from this forum.

On a other note, I’m really struggling to consider I’m no longer a gamer. Too many times I turn on the Xbox and blah at my giant library only to start something up and quickly quit out. This may be the end.

#3339 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2793 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

Identify the games that you truly love and enjoy them.  Don't let a backlog or the hyped games you're "supposed" to enjoy drag you down.

#3340 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3072 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:43 PM

So you're saying I shouldn't be grinding through Tiger Woods 07 just to get the achievements I can out of it? Year of the 360 on my backlog. Seriously though man this game is way better than Rory, how did EA even fark up their golf games?

#3341 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2793 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:58 PM

how did EA even fark up X?

where X = the name of any EA game in the last decade

Anyway achievement/trophy grinders have their own variety of masochism that works for them.  To each their own.

#3342 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5727 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:59 PM

On a other note, I’m really struggling to consider I’m no longer a gamer. Too many times I turn on the Xbox and blah at my giant library only to start something up and quickly quit out. This may be the end.

I feel ya. I'm the same way and was recently trying to figure out why it's no longer appealing to me. My feeling is that they're all the same games we've played before, just with better graphics. Most of them are just power fantasies. It is really easy to shoot someone or blow something up in a video game, but deviating from that and still making it fun is much harder. Not to mention, expensive with steep development costs, so publishers have to sell safe products to make money.

I used to really enjoy fighting games, but now I find much of the same stuff I enjoyed from them like mindgames and strategies can also be found in trading card games. I feel a bit silly paying for cardboard, but it's been pretty fun so far.

#3343 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2020 - 10:30 PM

Sometimes, it's a good idea to step away from a hobby for a while if you've gotten tired of it or if it doesn't provide the excitement that it used to.  I don't collect comics anymore because it just didn't interest me after a while.  

I also posted a while back that I read about a phenomenon called paralysis of choice that people often get in modern times because they have too many things to choose from when it comes to entertainment.  Back in the day, I only owned three NES games, but I have hundreds of Xbox 360 and Xbox One games in my library, so I have encountered this myself.  You spend more time trying to figure out what to start with and often decide not to play or watch anything.  I know that I often don't have a lot of time to play, so I just play games to get the daily Bing Rewards achievements and then play more on the weekend if I'm free to do so.  That at least gets me to try games on Game Pass.

Maybe you could make a list of five games that you might want to try each week.  If a game sucks, immediately stop playing it and go to the next one.  You'll never conquer your backlog, but at least you can find out if the game lived up to the hype or at least met your expectations.

#3344 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:24 PM

Is there still a good website that tracks the digital price history of Xbox 360 games? I’m trying to find if Ghost recon future soldier has ever been on sale before. Just realized it’s a BC title and it slipped under my radar years ago.

#3345 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:42 PM

Beat my fourth game for the year this week, Thimbleweed Park. Liked it better than I thought I would. My backlog should cower in fear as I continue to slay it.

On the topic of the virus, it's going to be testing my relationship with my girlfriend. She got pneumonia back in January, and just found out this week the antibiotics didn't work so she still has it. Her respiratory system is already compromised, so she was instructed to stop working and avoid contact with people as much as possible. If she gets infected, she'll be hospitalized. So I'll be with her 24/7 for the foreseeable future. The horror! :hot:

#3346 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1157 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:54 PM

Beat my fourth game for the year this week, Thimbleweed Park. Liked it better than I thought I would. My backlog should cower in fear as I continue to slay it.

On the topic of the virus, it's going to be testing my relationship with my girlfriend. She got pneumonia back in January, and just found out this week the antibiotics didn't work so she still has it. Her respiratory system is already compromised, so she was instructed to stop working and avoid contact with people as much as possible. If she gets infected, she'll be hospitalized. So I'll be with her 24/7 for the foreseeable future. The horror! :hot:

I kinda hated that game, it felt like the Big Bang Theory where it was like "hur hur hurt pop culture references! We're so witty!".

I can't believe Ron Gilbert was involved with the making of it. That man has clearly lost a few steps.

#3347 JammerFi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:08 AM

FYI - Shantae Half Genie Hero is now free via GWG.

#3348 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:24 AM

So you're saying I shouldn't be grinding through Tiger Woods 07 just to get the achievements I can out of it? Year of the 360 on my backlog. Seriously though man this game is way better than Rory, how did EA even fark up their golf games?

tiger 09 and 10 were the best for me. those games dominated my summers

#3349 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   8064 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:26 AM

If you will be stuck home with little kids next week like the post

Edit bibbytastic was the winner of spies in disguise. Sent the code out

#3350 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:31 AM

I have the next two weeks with my son as all Florida schools shut down the rest of this month. But I don't mind at all. I love spending time with my kid when I am off.

#3351 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:36 AM

exactly, had the lunk alarm turned on me once, but on their wall says "NO JUDGEMENTS" unless you are a real lifter!

#3352 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3377 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:37 AM

doubt it! Dirty little secret of crossfit is injuries!

#3353 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:40 AM

Ha not my experience at Lee Lee's in Chandler Arizona, it was packed. Got some sake though.

I just told my wife earlier today we should go there.

#3354 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6311 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:52 AM

The little kids are covered indefinitely - Disney announced they're releasing Frozen 2 on Disney+ tomorrow.

#3355 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:53 AM

To any Comcast users, are we supposed to get an email or anything to confirm the removal of download caps? I haven't been able to check yet but I just don't want it to count against my two yearly overages or whatever. I think their website is down right now or something, it won't load on my phone at work.

I probably will fill up some hard drives during the night if that is the case.

#3356 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:02 AM

Link was a few days back
https://www.engadget...ps-coronavirus/

#3357 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:07 AM

So I'm buying Rise of Skywalker.  How do I get the 4k copy?  If I buy through iTunes is it still just HD?  Vudu acts like they're 4k for a premium but then that means only if I use vudu to watch it will it play in 4k?  Help is appreciated.

#3358 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3139 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:09 AM

doubt it! Dirty little secret of crossfit is injuries!

Not a dirty little secret. People get injured doing anything wrong. I take my time and have been smart about training so built up a lot over 8 yrs of training. The people that get hurt are the newbies that let their egos push them beyond their capabilities.

#3359 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:22 AM

FYI - Shantae Half Genie Hero is now free via GWG.

Here's a link.

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

Sonic Generations isn't free yet.

Free now.

https://marketplace....0848?noSplash=1

#3360 bilbobagins3  

bilbobagins3

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:23 AM

So I'm buying Rise of Skywalker.  How do I get the 4k copy?  If I buy through iTunes is it still just HD?  Vudu acts like they're 4k for a premium but then that means only if I use vudu to watch it will it play in 4k?  Help is appreciated.

iTunes never charges any more for a 4k release over HD. It seems Disney is not on board with that. Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, none are available in 4k on iTunes. It sucks but I guess that’s the trade off for getting all your HD iTunes purchases upgraded for free when they become available. Getting Harry Potter when that happened was great, and I look forward to getting LotR and Hobbit at some point too.