* * * - - 10 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#3691 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:03 PM

I honestly want to see what Nintendo comes up with. The Switch is over three years old. And, they tend to run on a five year console cycle at Nintendo. Which means we are getting towards the fourth year of Switch when these are out.
Graphics and performance wise, The 3DS was like a portable Nintendo 64, and the Switch kind of feels like a portable Wii. I imagine that their next console will probably have graphics and performance similar to the PS4 Pro, or the Xbox One X. Since they always seem to be about a generation behind in specs, but they are usually just powerful enough to have passable ports of games being released to the more powerful consoles and PC. I would personally like to see them keep supporting the Switch as a handheld, when they release a new Nintendo console. As the life of a Nintendo handheld seems to be double that of their standard home consoles. I know Nintendo keeps denying a Switch Pro, but as we have seen in the past, Nintendo is always remaking and powering up it's handhelds. And, since they removed features to make the lite, it might be interesting to see if they would add more things to a pro version.

LOL!!!  The Switch is WAY more powerful than Wii. It's more powerful than Xbox 360 or PS3 so how in the world are you comparing it to Wii graphics?

#3692 Zantra  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:35 PM

LOL!!! The Switch is WAY more powerful than Wii. It's more powerful than Xbox 360 or PS3 so how in the world are you comparing it to Wii graphics?

Motion controllers and tons of shovelware. And, it's popular with people that don't consider themselves to be gamers, like the Wii was. Also, it does 720p. The Wii U before it did 1080p and 60fps no problem. I love how you took my comment as a personal attack though. You must be a teenager, or a very lonely old man.

#3693 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14964 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:51 PM

Motion controllers and tons of shovelware. And, it's popular with people that don't consider themselves to be gamers, like the Wii was. Also, it does 720p. The Wii U before it did 1080p and 60fps no problem. I love how you took my comment as a personal attack though. You must be a teenager, or a very lonely old man.

It's just because you're wrong with both your equation of the 3DS to the N64 and the Switch to the Wii. It's like you've never even played any of those consoles. Can you also explain how the DS has ports of N64 games, if the 3DS is more powerful and is the same, "graphics and performance wise," according to you?

You also took him refuting your comment as a personal attack, and then attacked him because of it. The only one being apprehensive is you, so it'd be a good call to stop while you're ahead.

#3694 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:56 PM

GEARS OF WAR (Xbox 360 / Backwards Compatible on XB1) :

HPK3Q-GP7RT-GCKCQ-BM2J9-QX8D6

RFVFJ-TPHV7-9R74B-KVW8X-TQ2DF

I have a few more codes for any CAGs who could use one, just send me a direct message here on CAG.

#3695 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:02 PM

I got an email with a login and instructions for work-from-home today. Asked my boss and she said it's "just in case" for now, but all the emails were sent at the same time and not everyone got them, so I think I'm at least on the list of people whose jobs can be done remotely. Right after that my weekend job messaged me to not come in for now. Hours cut short and about half the stores are already closed I guess.

Watching this Cerny talk about PS5 and it's way too technical, surprised they didn't put something more dumbed down out. Going to Digital Foundry should really be their move like MS does now. Overall it sounds like it's not as powerful as the Series X and I don't see what the big deal is that Schrier was talking about before. Now he says he thinks they botched the message and that the custom design of the SSD is much more important than it reads in the video. 

#3696 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11242 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:12 PM

It sounds like we are headed towards a totally digital future. Since Microsoft and Sony only mention backwards compatibility with digital games saved to a portable hard drive. No mentions of being able to use the original discs from what I have seen. Which kind of makes sense, since this generation was basically all about downloading the entire game from the disc to the console, and just using the disc as DRM for proof of ownership. To stop people from renting tons of disc games, and saving digital versions to their consoles without paying for them. Though, I would like to at least have the option of putting in my old discs, having them recognized, and then being given the option to download a digital copy when the PS5 and Series X come out. Not all of my PS4 and Xbox One games are digital, and even the ones that are digital aren't saved to a portable hard drive.

We don't know how PS5 will handle BC (as there isn't a precedent yet) but I think we can expect Xbox to handle discs from any previous generation as a license to play/download the game.

FYI - This method allows people to rent games in order to install them, but they would still need the disc (or a digital license of some sort) to play the game so there is no danger of people renting games and playing them for free afterwards.

#3697 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   824 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:17 PM

As somebody that switched from being primarily a PlayStation player to the Xbox eco-system, I'm happy with the BC and specs of the Series X. However, I wouldn't say Xbox is in control of next gen because the reality is that the PS4 install base dwarves Xbox and I don't see that changing for next gen.  The PS5 BC and the name brand recognition will be good enough to get people to stay on that upgrade path.

#3698 kcobra22  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:38 PM

Decided to see what's happening outside COVID news and a Florida cow that evaded police since January finally got caught today.

Spoiler

#3699 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:56 PM

And with everyone talking about the next-gen systems that I can't afford (and probably won't be able to if the economy tanks), I ordered a 2 TB external hard drive from Newegg this morning to take advantage of the great and merciful Comcast removing my data cap for the next 2 months.

I will toss the outer box when it arrives and clean it like produce.  :shock:

#3700 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:21 PM

It's just because you're wrong with both your equation of the 3DS to the N64 and the Switch to the Wii. It's like you've never even played any of those consoles. Can you also explain how the DS has ports of N64 games, if the 3DS is more powerful and is the same, "graphics and performance wise," according to you?

You also took him refuting your comment as a personal attack, and then attacked him because of it. The only one being apprehensive is you, so it'd be a good call to stop while you're ahead.

Just ignore his hissy fits.

#3701 ZebraH1pster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   128 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

ZebraH1pster

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:41 PM

Battlefield V on Game Pass......maybe

ey9XANl.png

#3702 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5727 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:45 PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, ho hum ps5 and Xbox one x announcements, nothing to revolutionize the industry just more power that’s reliant on developers to one day take full advantage of. I bought this console for faster loading times?!!
I want more talk of how I can play mobile, how new consoles allow that. Take my library on the road or innovate in some way. All they’re doing is a PC refresh this generation.

I agree completely - I'm totally not impressed with the new consoles. I may forgo them completely and stick with Game Pass, PlayStation Now, and Geforce Now. Geforce Now is completely free if you don't mind playing in 1-hour sessions, so you don't even need to have a gaming PC. So with the annual subscriptions, it comes out to around $10/month total for all three of them - that's cheaper than Netflix. And just like Netflix, it may supplant buying traditional media and hardware in favor of renting content for pennies on the dollar.

#3703 Maxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:58 PM

Did it register all the fatalities you did when it wasnt tracking?

Late reply, but no, I had to do them all again.

#3704 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:12 AM

Switch does 1080p docked and plenty of games hit 60FPS. You're wrong again.

#3705 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:20 AM

Played 14 hours straight of Phantasy Star Online 2, and got one third of the way through the game already. I only stopped playing for a little while, because my Xbox One X got a mandatory update at 3am PDT.

Since yesterday's Phantasy Star Online 2 release is a open beta I was curious, can you unlock achievements right now?

I usually stay away from betas because I don't want to play it all over again a month later.

#3706 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3074 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:30 AM

Since yesterday's Phantasy Star Online 2 release is a open beta I was curious, can you unlock achievements right now?

I usually stay away from betas because I don't want to play it all over again a month later.

Yeah TA seems to show people already getting them https://www.trueachi...-2/achievements

#3707 now1   Banned Banned   200 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:33 AM

I ran out of H20 can I drink hose water?

#3708 JusBleezy518  

JusBleezy518

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:45 AM

Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo - https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

#3709 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1122 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:07 AM

Decided to see what's happening outside COVID news and a Florida cow that evaded police since January finally got caught today.

Spoiler

God bless Florida, it sounds like a magical place with stealth cows that are helping bring levity to these dark times

#3710 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10860 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:16 AM

Vampyr worth a run? I hate to rush because I like to achievement hunt but this is the first title in awhile I am interested in that is leaving.

#3711 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3074 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:25 AM

Vampyr worth a run? I hate to rush because I like to achievement hunt but this is the first title in awhile I am interested in that is leaving.

I've started it up... seems okay. Looks like you can get everything but 2 of them in one play through around 20 hours and the TA walkthrough is decent so far. Odd caveat it takes place during the Spanish Flu epidemic so it could enhance or bum out your experience I suppose. 

#3712 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4399 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:43 AM

If not then I’m not sure how I survived childhood.

#3713 RiPPn  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:51 AM

So with Sony I have to keep my PS3 / PS4 Pro / PS5 all hooked to my main TV while I just need Series X for all my Xbox library and it enhances those games to boot.  That and Game Pass are going to make Xbox my primary platform.  Kudos to Microsoft for really righting the ship, 2 years ago I though for sure I wouldn't even be buying the next Xbox.  Amazing.

To be fair though I think they will achieve 100% PS4 compatibility, it just seems some games glitch due to the increased speeds found throughout the system and need a simple patch.

#3714 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:59 AM

So with Sony I have to keep my PS3 / PS4 Pro / PS5 all hooked to my main TV while I just need Series X for all my Xbox library and it enhances those games to boot.  That and Game Pass are going to make Xbox my primary platform.  Kudos to Microsoft for really righting the ship, 2 years ago I though for sure I wouldn't even be buying the next Xbox.  Amazing.

To be fair though I think they will achieve 100% PS4 compatibility, it just seems some games glitch due to the increased speeds found throughout the system and need a simple patch.

Yep. They'll get the bulk of PS4 games bc eventually. It took awhile with Xbox bc remember. They still haven't shot down full bc, haven't even addressed it from what I've read thus far. Who knows.

#3715 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:08 AM

If you have a Kroger store card, there is a digital coupon to receive 200 bonus fuel points with the purchase of a $15 Xbox gift card.

https://www.kroger.com/cl/coupons/

Once claimed, it must be used by March 24th.

#3716 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11493 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:28 AM

I can't believe I started Thimbleweed Park the day before it left Game Pass. :(

#3717 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:43 AM

I've started it up... seems okay. Looks like you can get everything but 2 of them in one play through around 20 hours and the TA walkthrough is decent so far. Odd caveat it takes place during the Spanish Flu epidemic so it could enhance or bum out your experience I suppose.

That's the Kansas flu for all the magas out there. 😁

#3718 Mr. Scratch  

Mr. Scratch

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:56 AM

are you a size 14?

#3719 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1324 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:01 AM

That's the Kansas flu for all the magas out there.

For many years, medical historians and epidemiologists hypothesized that the outbreak could have started at a British army base in Étaples, France, or at Fort Riley in Kansas, where the first American cases of this new strain of flu were recorded in March of 1918.

More recently, experts have proposed a third hypothesis: The Spanish flu originated somewhere in northern China in late 1917 and swiftly moved to western Europe with the 140,000 Chinese laborers the French and British governments recruited to perform manual labor to free up troops for wartime duty.

https://www.history....the-spanish-flu

#3720 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:05 AM

I tried giving it a shot for a potentially interesting story but the combat killed it for me. I wanted to like it but could tell a couple hours in I wasn’t enjoying the gameplay or story enough to continue. Try it out though.

I would love another Vampire Masquerade game.