* * * - - 10 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#4741 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4414 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:26 PM

Yeah I see logic is finally working on Ryan, some of his estimates were as high as $699 at times the last few months. The reality is the same it's been since they started ramping up to these next consoles. MS didn't "lose" this console generation they were totally destroyed. The Series X has to come in at the same price as the PS5, or all of this was for nothing.

Could you imagine $699? That’s like the PS3 get a second job price of this generation. Then they kept saying “well they will release a second inferior sku”. I think releasing a crappier sku for the poor ppl is as bad PR as Don Mattrick saying if you don’t like always online then get a Xbox 360.

I really hope Microsoft has learned from its past mistakes but if they do something like above then they will lose next gen too. They have to have the superior console at or below the PS5 price if they want to make it reasonable for current PS4 owners to switch.

#4742 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:28 PM

I left the insiders program. The best time to be in it was when they launched BC otherwise there hasn't been a huge amount of benefits to it.

About 6 months ago my 10TB external stopped reading. It still read and everything checked out on my computer. I left the insiders program at that time because I just wanted to rule out one less thing. I ended up having to reformat and the drive still works today so it's not the drive. Just very strange that it happened.

I would rather have the stability of public updates and not risk anything messing the system up.

#4743 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:38 PM

Could you imagine $699? That’s like the PS3 get a second job price of this generation. Then they kept saying “well they will release a second inferior sku”. I think releasing a crappier sku for the poor ppl is as bad PR as Don Mattrick saying if you don’t like always online then get a Xbox 360.

I really hope Microsoft has learned from its past mistakes but if they do something like above then they will lose next gen too. They have to have the superior console at or below the PS5 price if they want to make it reasonable for current PS4 owners to switch.

Exactly, it's going to do no good to spend what has been up to now 100% of the time promoting the Series X and then right before launch pull out a Lockhart and go "well just buy this $399/$299 version" people will just say nah I'll get the PS5 to that scenario also. I personally think "Lockhart" is something more inline with a Nvidia Shield like tv stick or device. 

#4744 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4414 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

I left the insiders program. The best time to be in it was when they launched BC otherwise there hasn't been a huge amount of benefits to it.

About 6 months ago my 10TB external stopped reading. It still read and everything checked out on my computer. I left the insiders program at that time because I just wanted to rule out one less thing. I ended up having to reformat and the drive still works today so it's not the drive. Just very strange that it happened.

I would rather have the stability of public updates and not risk anything messing the system up.

I left the insiders program too. I kept having problems when I was in it. I haven’t rejoined it since I went through those 4 Xbox One X’s.

#4745 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2186 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:25 PM

Fearful Symmetry and the Cursed Prince is on sale for 49 cents.  Interesting price.  I always thought 99 cents was the cheapest games would go (Looking at you Just Cause 1 and Crypt of the Serpent King) on the marketplace.  We all probably have 49 cents lying around under the couch or in the car so I made a blind purchase.  53 cents after tax.  

LINK - https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

#4746 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11249 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:00 PM

Unfortunately the PS5 will have a built-in edge when it launchers and that is its odd BC program, but I don't know which will be a more compelling statement:  the fact that you can play your PS4 games on it, or the fact that only the "top 100" PS4 games will be available.

Other than the odd Beta or something like that, there really hasn't been a great reason to be in the Insiders Program for a while.

Fearful Symmetry and the Cursed Prince is on sale for 49 cents.  Interesting price.  I always thought 99 cents was the cheapest games would go (Looking at you Just Cause 1 and Crypt of the Serpent King) on the marketplace.  We all probably have 49 cents lying around under the couch or in the car so I made a blind purchase.  53 cents after tax.  

I'm not a fan of this type of puzzle game, but sure why not?

Also, if you don't want to just throw this money down the drain without knowing what you're getting, the game has a free trial.

#4747 jrc84  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:13 PM

Kingdom Hearts games are $20 for each collection, 1.5/2.5 and 2.8. Much better prices!

This just released on XB1? I really want to play KH but to be realistic I am probably looking at this sitting in my backlog for at least 6-8 weeks right now. What are the chances this will drop lower in the next few months? Seems like PS4 version is getting aggressive with the pricing of KH...

#4748 Duke Joeseppi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Duke Joeseppi

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:19 PM

I left the insiders program too. I kept having problems when I was in it. I haven’t rejoined it since I went through those 4 Xbox One X’s.

Add me to the list...I left the program when it bricked my Scorpio edition X1X due to a failed update. Microsoft could only replace it with a non-Scorpio console. First world problems 😩

#4749 hopeless  

hopeless

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:31 PM

Just found it last night, Warframe has been added to the GPU free to play perks.

#4750 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:49 PM

This just released on XB1? I really want to play KH but to be realistic I am probably looking at this sitting in my backlog for at least 6-8 weeks right now. What are the chances this will drop lower in the next few months? Seems like PS4 version is getting aggressive with the pricing of KH...

This is the aggressive dropped lower price, they tried launching both titles at full $59.99 prices 45 days ago 

#4751 dorath  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:02 PM

Parts were frustrating but that might have been due to my controller.

Overall, I enjoyed my time with it and picked it up for about a dollar or so.

#4752 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   788 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:55 PM

Man I just cannot get into Nier Automata. Not sure what game to play next on Gamepass, thinking of giving DMC5 a go

#4753 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1127 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:59 PM

Thanks to you all for the mesh WiFi recommendations a couple days ago. I picked up Netgear Orbi, got it set up, and can now watch F1TV from anywhere in my house without any signal issues!

Next step, set up the console in the new house.

#4754 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3155 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:17 PM

My Xbox One X got semi-bricked by the new update. I'm part of the beta group for Xbox Insiders, and my console says that something went wrong with the update. My only three options are trying to download the update again, turn off the Xbox, or testing my internet connection. My internet connection is fine, turning the Xbox off does nothing but bring me back to this screen again, and trying to redownload the update gives me the same error. Just a warning for everybody.

I’m having issues launching Xbox360 games. Times out and gives me error. Have to hard restart to get games to launch. Gonna probably get off insiders if it keeps happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4755 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3155 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:19 PM

Thanks to you all for the mesh WiFi recommendations a couple days ago. I picked up Netgear Orbi, got it set up, and can now watch F1TV from anywhere in my house without any signal issues!

Next step, set up the console in the new house.

Be careful with Orbi. Their firmwares will literally jack your WiFi and internet up regularly. I used Orbi for a month and sold that garbage. Invested in Ubiquity Unifi stuff since wife works from home and needs rock solid internet.

#4756 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11249 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:23 PM

Be careful with Orbi. Their firmwares will literally jack your WiFi and internet up regularly. I used Orbi for a month and sold that garbage. Invested in Ubiquity Unifi stuff since wife works from home and needs rock solid internet.

"Invested" is the right word for Ubiquity, but a co-worker of mine loves the stuff.

#4757 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:56 PM

I caved and bought both.

They also complete the 4000 point Spring Savings Punchcard for spending $40.

#4758 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2798 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:02 PM

Unfortunately the PS5 will have a built-in edge when it launchers and that is its odd BC program, but I don't know which will be a more compelling statement:  the fact that you can play your PS4 games on it, or the fact that only the "top 100" PS4 games will be available.

This statement really is going to come back and bite Sony just like Xbox One's original announcement that it won't play used games. They already walked back and said it will play the vast majority of PS4 games but so many people are only going to remember that Top 100 thing.

#4759 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   1279 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:32 PM

PS controllers are no where near as uncomfortable as Dreamcast controllers were. Even though the N64 controller wasn't bad, it was worse than the PS ones, imo.

I never had the Jaguar but it’s controller was probably the worse. I would take the N64 controller over the pre-analog stick PS1 controller. The PS5 looks like a bad ripoff of the Xbox controllers.

#4760 MsMaroon  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:43 PM

I never had the Jaguar but it’s controller was probably the worse. I would take the N64 controller over the pre-analog stick PS1 controller. The PS5 looks like a bad ripoff of the Xbox controllers.

Jaguar controller was not that bad. Most games didn't even use the phone dial buttons on the bottom so that wasn't an issue. The Wiimote is the absolute worst controller in my opinion.

#4761 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:47 PM

I caved and bought both.

They also complete the 4000 point Spring Savings Punchcard for spending $40.

I've really been wanting to save points to buy these KH collections. I have nearly $15 so far but if I bought the first collection but only spent $35 and the other $15 is with this microsoft credit would that still count?

#4762 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:54 PM

I've really been wanting to save points to buy these KH collections. I have nearly $15 so far but if I bought the first collection but only spent $35 and the other $15 is with this microsoft credit would that still count?

I used cash already on my MS account to buy both and it completed the punchcard so MS credit works.

#4763 PsiScream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:05 PM

Looking for some recommendations for a good monitor for XB1. My son is turning 13 next week and is convinced he wants to start gaming on a monitor. Not looking to break the bank but want something good and I'm 100% out of the loop. Probably should have started this quest sooner to try to catch a decent sale.

I'd actually recommend Dell monitors if you find a good sale.  I've been using them for over a decade now, and a quality Dell panel will give you great performance.  Monitors also last a really long time, so it's worth spending a bit more, no matter what brand you decide on.

The big craze lately on the PC side of things has been high refresh rates, but unfortunately HDR color has lagged, and there aren't many on the market. That's where a small tv would give your son a better experience for the money, but then again, I don't know how many bedroom sized HDR TVs there are out there.

#4764 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:04 PM

Yes it does. I bought Jedi Fallen Order back when it had a punch card entirely with MS credit and got the 6000 pts back from the punch card.

#4765 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3726 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:08 PM

Jaguar controller was not that bad. Most games didn't even use the phone dial buttons on the bottom so that wasn't an issue. The Wiimote is the absolute worst controller in my opinion.

I sure wish they'd make a Jaguar mini.  I know i'd hate it and never play it, but as one of the few who owned one, they owe me.  I actually have a lot of good memories of both my Jaguar and my Lynx.  I'm pretty sure they would have been better memories if I had owned Nintendo products instead, though. :)

#4766 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:11 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses now I just might have to get them lol.

#4767 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3155 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:14 PM

"Invested" is the right word for Ubiquity, but a co-worker of mine loves the stuff.

Yup. It’s not cheap but after you set it up it’s rock solid.

#4768 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:23 PM

I was gonna buy stranger things 3 out of the sale but seeing it come to gamepass pc means gamepass console won’t be far away.

It won't come to GP unless you buy it.

#4769 DennisCP   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

DennisCP

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:44 PM

I just got a message from Xbox Live with a code for Resident Evil: The Final Chapter movie for pre-ordering Resident Evil 3.

EDIT: Looks like it redeemed the 4K version and it's MA compatible. 

#4770 TurkeyOnRye   Hey? Is this velvet? CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

TurkeyOnRye

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:48 PM

Alright, alright, alright.

Considering how many people liked the post, I expanded the contest out to 3 prizes (I'll add either Life is Strange S1 or LiS:BtS Complete).

Winners in order of choosing are:
1. mpaullin
2. gamegirlpocket
3. brainwave0

I'll send out PM's in order with available games. If need be, I'll choose more winners until all three games are gone!

Congrats!