* * * - - 10 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#5221 entexman  

entexman

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:09 AM

Anyone getting Midway Arcade Origins for $5?  Definitely tempted for some nostalgia.

It's a no brainer at $5 in my opinion.  A decent collection of classic arcade games with some fairly easy achievements if you enjoy playing these kind of games. I play it every now and then for some nostalgia.

#5222 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3077 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:58 AM

Yeah it's a really good package for the price and it being BC doesn't hurt either. Worth the price alone for Smash TV and Marble Madness. 

#5223 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3294 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 20 April 2020 - 11:50 AM

I watched the movie The Gentlemen (Matthew McConaughey). Highly recommended. Also, unless you can understand all that British speaking, I highly recommend subtitles.

I always watch my movies with subtitles incase I miss any words.

#5224 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:25 PM

I always watch my movies with subtitles incase I miss any words.

Same, I always have subtitles on as an accompaniment. When Parasite won and got so much attention, I was shocked to be reminded how many people have such negative attitudes about "I'm watching a movie, not reading a book" etc etc. 

#5225 idogames  

idogames

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:27 PM

For anyone doing the MHW SOS reward quest, I got mine really quick.

I just went to the quest board and searched for an existing SOS quest, I made sure to pick groups that already had 3 people in them. Both times the quest was over in a few minutes (before I could even get to the destination). 

Not sure if part of the requirement is to have 4 people, but either way, more people usually means they are further along and it'll be over sooner.

#5226 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4305 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:41 PM

I always do subtitles on games. My son can be distracting/loud sometimes and I need to read what the characters are saying sometimes or I miss the dialogue.

#5227 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:52 PM

I watched the movie The Gentlemen (Matthew McConaughey). Highly recommended. Also, unless you can understand all that British speaking, I highly recommend subtitles.

Ya, I really liked The Gentleman. I need to watch it again to be sure, but it's definitely up there with Lock Stock, Snatch, and RocknRolla. Guy Richie should just stick to gangster movies.

I like subtitles in games because I can read faster then they speak the lines. I watch a lot of anime and foreign films, but I find subtitles on English speaking video distracting.

#5228 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:54 PM

I like subtitles in games because I miss so much dialogue and sometimes listening to the line read can be super tedious instead of just reading it and moving on.  

I keep close captions on for movies and tv shows but honestly i kinda hate that I feel the need to do that since I feel I spend too much time reading and not enough time spent watching the movie.  

#5229 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14968 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:01 PM

Not really sure how people who speak English have a problem with understanding British, especially in that film. It's not Cockney rhyming dialect or mumbling. Basically just Hugh Grant.

That's about the same as people who make fun of foreign tech support and telemarketers, in my opinion. "I couldn't understand them!" Did you try paying attention?

#5230 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11249 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:25 PM

Ya, I really liked The Gentleman. I need to watch it again to be sure, but it's definitely up there with Lock Stock, Snatch, and RocknRolla. Guy Richie should just stick to gangster movies.

I like subtitles in games because I can read faster then they speak the lines. I watch a lot of anime and foreign films, but I find subtitles on English speaking video distracting.

And now I have my next movie recommendation. :)

Not really sure how people who speak English have a problem with understanding British, especially in that film. It's not Cockney rhyming dialect or mumbling. Basically just Hugh Grant.

That's about the same as people who make fun of foreign tech support and telemarketers, in my opinion. "I couldn't understand them!" Did you try paying attention?

There were a combination of factors:

• I was VERY tired, painfully so.
  • The room we were watching in was so big and tall that the sound just disappears into the stratosphere and the TV's speakers can't handle that.
  • I was in a more social setting than a movie watching setting and my buddy next to me was giggling every time they used their British slang terms.  To the point where he was missing plot points.
  • I'm getting older and my hearing is not great.  I swear that will be the reason that I'm found pummeled to death in my kitchen.

I'm definitely going to buy it and re-watch it on my terms so I can get the full experience from it.  Other clearly British recommendations that I need to re-watch:

• Afterlife with Ricky Gervais (Netflix)
  • Good Omens (Amazon Prime Video)

#MinecraftDungenessCrabLegs

#5231 parrothead87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

parrothead87

Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:16 PM

Anyone getting Midway Arcade Origins for $5?  Definitely tempted for some nostalgia.

Thanks. Didnt even see this before. Bought it, loved Toobin as a kid, especially the cool cabinet

#5232 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3294 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:33 PM

Is HTZ the only moderator on this site? I need some feedback removed due to an Ahole who thinks it's funny to ding me with negative.

#5233 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:39 PM

Rakuten.com/shop has Xbox $50 code for $45 with LOAD5 coupon.  Had 1000 Rakuten points in my account for my birthday, so not a bad deal.

#5234 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 20 April 2020 - 07:10 PM

lets hope for a great sale tonight

#5235 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4305 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 20 April 2020 - 07:29 PM

Is HTZ the only moderator on this site? I need some feedback removed due to an Ahole who thinks it's funny to ding me with negative.

Trakan

https://www.cheapass...r/13873-trakan/

#5236 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:00 PM

The "Contact Us" link shows that it emails Cheapy directly. 

#5237 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   1279 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:03 PM

I use it when the movie or show is a period piece where older dialects are used. Just because it’s the “same” language, dialects and vernacular can at times sound unintelligible. As a kid, I remember hearing someone with a Boston accent and could hardly understand them. I’m sure people that hear Southern accents have problems but I understand it fine. It’s about what you’re used to.

With games, I always use subtitles so I don’t miss any of the dialogue.

#5238 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:25 PM

I use subtitles for games because I play with volume set to zero. You know how some games have awesome music and such? Well, I dont.

As for movies/shows, sometimes is too quick and I tend to rely on the text to help me, especially when different dialects are involved; but these days, my kid loves to read the text so I leave it on (when it's a kid appropriate show/movie, that is).

#5239 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:30 PM

I use subtitles for games because I play with volume set to zero. You know how some games have awesome music and such? Well, I dont.

I can't imagine this. I need the volume near max to get enjoyment, especially anything with a shooting aspect. If i can't hear i'm not even bothering. Daddy likes the big booms!

#5240 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:56 PM

Team subtitles here.

#5241 reemer99   Lurker Mclurkerson CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:05 PM

Long time lurker, appreciate everyone's contributions in this thread. Cleaning out my desk and came across a bunch of codes that I do not need. Not sure if these are still valid but they have never been redeemed. Please let everyone know if you are able to use the code.

Code                                                              Desc                               Clue

YPFVC-MBKVT-3V288-*JCYM-*7BTV   2-day xbox live code    TV Show Brooklyn __

7K79F-**TQC-D7V4W-9DXXW-XHRM8 2-day xbox live code   Star Wars droid __8

GM2FN-**QBX-MRBQH-3T8M4-7H6BR 2-day xbox live code Peanut Butter abbreviation

G3KMN-*M3*4-RX4BC-WP623-FM4FF 2-day xbox live code TV Show Brooklyn __

2R3K9-HD4DY-KKBK7-**3P2-F3WXQ 3-day xbox live code Beetle Car Manufacturer

GR3VC-9HC4V-TJXK2-B**X7-PW8P4 7-day xbox live code Nintendo __ (Goldeneye)

N2KXR-8FPQK-6KDPG-V4THM-8**BR 14-day xbox live code Finished Goods abbreviation

VKBN7-G6HWV-6*C2G-7*HWG-YG8YR 14-day xbox live code TV Show Brooklyn __

RHJN7-QRTQG-XQDX6-K**68-78QH4 14-day xbox live code Year abbreviation

8NXMC-JHRVK-**G32-BK6HJ-BWQH4 1 month xbox live code Backwards Compatibility abbreviation

DDGTG-**JCR-YD73V-HY2JM-9T77Z 1 month xbox game pass Dos Equis

KM**7-CM4GD-9VC7R-7CKJF-QWM6Z 1 month xbox game pass Public Relations abreviation

3YG24-*6W3D-DP4T6-*TXCT-TYCGZ 1 month xbox ult game pass Good Game abbreviation

C7WCM-**6VR-XQ9QF-KGFDR-MXHHZ PUBG full game download Experience Points abbreviation

DMMTY-KP*XJ-*PYHP-J29RK-734KZ Battlefield 1 full game TV Show Brooklyn __

GKWKK-77CCF-MP8MH-6GY**-2R4WY Gears of War 360 full game Beetle Car Manufacturer

#5242 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4414 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:14 PM

Long time lurker, appreciate everyone's contributions in this thread. Cleaning out my desk and came across a bunch of codes that I do not need. Not sure if these are still valid but they have never been redeemed. Please let everyone know if you are able to use the code.

I didn’t take anything, but very nice of you!

I like volume up. Sometimes I play with headphones if my kids are sleeping. They sleep on a different floor then I play on though so it doesn’t get to loud upstairs.

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a movie with subtitles. I don’t watch that many movies though, a lot of times if my kids are sleeping and I’m watching a movie, all I can think about is how I’d rather be playing a game.

#5243 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:24 PM

So right now I’m playing through Doom, The Last of Us, and A Plague Tale.  Coincidence?

#5244 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3294 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for everyone's response I got it smoothed out for the most part.

#5245 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:35 PM

Thank you. I grabbed the one month Live code.

#5246 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:37 PM

Same here!  I would say about 90% of my gaming is done completely turned down or near it.  The xbox is about the only place i have the volume turned up but i rarely get to play it since its hooked up to the living room tv.  

#5247 oldforerunner  

oldforerunner

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:42 PM

I didn't partake but kudos for taking the time for the awesome clues!

#5248 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:47 PM

I hate having subs turned on watching movies or tv shows. I find it too distracting from whats going on screen. For games though, I can't play if I don't have them on. I find it easier to quick read the subs while playing then try to hear the voices over the music and sound effects. 

Back to RE3 talk, I beat the easy mode using a guide to make sure I didn't miss any collectibles and grind the total kills for each weapons as well. When I completed I had just over 116,000 pts to spend. I was able to pick up most of the unlocks, made sure the rocket launcher was picked up. Going to speed run the hard setting now.

#5249 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10180 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:14 PM

I’ve got $7 credit expiring tomorrow. Help me spend it!

#5250 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:22 PM

I’ve got $7 credit expiring tomorrow. Help me spend it!

The Contra and Castlevania Collections are $8 each. Easy to recommend if you have any nostalgia for either series.

Bulletstorm is less than that right now too.