* * * - - 10 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#8641 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:44 AM

This video is one of the best rundowns on the series.

Worth the time to watch this.

#8642 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:09 AM

I'm currently at level 9 and have not gotten any lockpick perks yet.

I just built my camp and my stash box so now I know I can leave them there and they won't disappear.

My guy is thirsty! I didn't have enough water only alcohol and he was on the brink dehydrating and dying so I had to drink alcohol. I find way more than water. I'll keep looking for a cure.

I haven't leveled up lately as I am saving them, but I think you hit Y when in the pip boy to open perks. Then it'll ask to select a special first and a list of perks pops up. I think you hit the RB to cycle through the perks under the other special areas. Lockpick should be under Perception.

You can collect water from any stream or pond by aiming your cursor at the water, or go to people's camps and raid their water purifiers. You won't actually die of dehydration or starvation, your health will only drop down to 5% and then you'll lose all your AP and move real slow. I think they are removing the negative aspects of dehydration soon, might even be in the next update next Tuesday. Good luck out there.

#8643 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:58 AM

I haven't leveled up lately as I am saving them, but I think you hit Y when in the pip boy to open perks. Then it'll ask to select a special first and a list of perks pops up. I think you hit the RB to cycle through the perks under the other special areas. Lockpick should be under Perception.

You can collect water from any stream or pond by aiming your cursor at the water, or go to people's camps and raid their water purifiers. You won't actually die of dehydration or starvation, your health will only drop down to 5% and then you'll lose all your AP and move real slow. I think they are removing the negative aspects of dehydration soon, might even be in the next update next Tuesday. Good luck out there.

I thought I did cycle through but hopefully I just missed it. Why are you saving the leveling up? I have played Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4 with every dlc the games had and I always level up each time. What is the advantage of saving? 76 is different. I can't see ahead to which perks I might want with higher levels unless I just haven't poked around enough.

I know about pond water but I am not always around it. Plus, most of it gives me rads so I have to make sure I have radaway.  I didn't want to see what happened to me without water or food. I hate moving really slow so I will only not drink water if it's absolutely necessary. I just want to get cured from my addiction! I have never been this addicted for this long in any FO game I've played. I am getting WAY less caps for my items though. Especially my weapons. Getting like 1 or 2 caps only. I have only found that robot in that train town so far so maybe he just rips me off. My charisma is at 3 so hopefully, I will be getting more caps when I sell things.

#8644 Zantra  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:29 AM

Has Japan been getting the exact same GWG as us these past few months? I kind of miss getting the bonus game by changing my location.

#8645 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:31 AM

I have a Fallout 76 question. I started playing last night and first off, I have no idea why everyone was complaining about how bad it is. I think the game is great and although it's a little bit different from previous fallout games, I played for 5 hours straight.

Anyway, I transferred some items in a Foot Locker and a dresser but when I loaded up a game again today, they were gone. I'm pretty positive I'm in the right spot where I left them. Did I just lose all of those items? Does the game only keep track of items stored as long as you don't exit or turn the system off?

How in the world do I upgrade my lockpick skills? I read some new thing about perk cards but are those just random when upgrading?

Also, I got addicted to alcohol. In previous games, I could just easily get cured from a doctor or an aid by haven't found anything yet. I did run into a random Dr in the Wasteland but I was not given any prompt to ask her to cure me.

As someone who plays it for hours every day, I can tell you it is still and always will be a buggy mess, and Bethesda is ignoring a good number of bugs for reasons only they can (will never) answer. My money is on the fact that the studio behind it never worked on a big game, let alone anything on the garbage Creation Engine (or whatever Bethesda is currently calling this shoestringed monstrosity).

For perks, you get to choose a perk card for every level, and you get a pack of random cards every few levels until 10? 15? then it is every 5 levels. Before level 50 there isn't any reason not to pick your SPECIAL and perk card right away for the reason you mentioned. Also, when you decide to choose a SPECIAL point, you do NOT have to pick a perk card from that SPECIAL, you can choose one from any category. Rank 2 of picklock unlocks at level 19 IIRC.

jonathansmith369 is probably not leveling up for the same reason I'm not leveling up any of my 5 (yes I have a problem) characters, there isn't any reason to. You can't be a god like previous games, once you hit level 50 you stop getting SPECIAL points, there are no new perks after level 50 and there is only so many perks you need before you are set. One of mine has over 100 level's worth of perk cards just sitting there. You can use them to respec your character later if you choose poorly, or decide to completely change your build like I did once.

If water is an issue, you need to get the small water purifier plan from one of the Overseer's caches (Don't recall which one because that was a loooong time ago) and build a few at your camp, or have someone else build them for you, along with power. Anyone can build items at another person's camp as long as they are on a team and the item isn't from the Atom Shop or a Nuclear Winter reward (besides a few exceptions because reasons). They can be built on dirt, while the larger ones require standing water. Also, if food is an issue, plant some crops and make soups with them and boiled (not purified) water, they have a condition bar (for now anyway) but will feed and water you. Specifically razorgrain, carrots (I think) and corn. Mutfruit, tatos, and melons make drinks. I would think they would be throwing radaway at you at low levels, they still are throwing it at me when I do the Dailies that give Treasury Notes. The new questline they added that starts at The Wayward seems to throw a lot of Aid items at you.

I play it a ton, (my girlfriend is currently redoing one of my camps for me as I'm typing this) so I know quite a bit about everything. Except builds, don't ask me about the Meta, I play full health builds, not the popular Junkies or Bloodied builds everyone seems to run. I don't want to micro manage my health or deal with 5 addictions.

Edit: I missed the last part of your last post. To cure your addiction, there are two ways I'm aware of, making a radscorpion omelet (which request a radscorpion egg) will cure one random addiction, and the drug Addictol will cure them all I believe. I used to have a ton of addictol until I finally dumped it all at robot vendors. I'd just keep picking up the one hidden in a desk at Biv's place, seems like most people didn't realize it was there because you have to crouch to see and reach it. Yes, their prices suck, you can mitigate that by obviously increasing your Charisma stat. the charisma perk Hard Bargain has 3 ranks, each one giving you better prices (IIRC each rank gives you a hidden +3 charisma that only applies to buying/selling). Magnetic Personality is a rank 2 perk which requires teammates to boost your charisma. There are also Aid items to temporarily increase it, Mothman egg omelets increase it by 2, Sweet Rolls by 3, and Grape Mentats by 5. Keep in mind you can stack buffs, but not if they come from the same type of item. For example, You can't eat both a sweet roll and a mothman egg omlette to get +5, the last one consumed is the only buff you get. You can mix Grape Mentats with one of them though since it is a drug and not food.

#8646 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:13 AM

Downloaded and played through Firewatch after picking it up on sale a few weeks (I have no idea when I bought this) ago. Best $5 I have spent in a while, I had a blast playing this game (not sure it is a game...interactive movie or something?).

Anyone do multiple plays, does it change/is it worth it to play again?

If you enjoyed this one, any similar ones out there I need to add to my wish list? My spouse digs this sort of story heavy, relaxed playing thing...any notable ones with a female lead perspective?

I recall you asking the community which "walking sim" game you should play. Glad you enjoyed Firewatch!!! I never played it more than once so can't tell how much it changes on another playthrough.

I highly suggest What Remains of Edith Finch. Female perspective, good story with variety, relaxing as a walking sim, but it can get heavy at times. Gone Home is also a female led walking sim, that only takes a few hours to finish vs WRoEF which is 5-6 hrs. GH is a bit darker of a game, meaning its drab in the color palette imo. But I liked the story which was a bit of a mystery to me, trying to put all the pieces together. Meaning you should search all the nooks & crannies to fill in the gaps of the story. Both great games, check em out. I think Edith Finch is on game pass if you have that

#8647 Sielanas  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:33 AM

Smite is doing a crossover with Avatar. I have a feeling this will interest a few people.

#8648 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:27 AM

As someone who plays it for hours every day, I can tell you it is still and always will be a buggy mess, and Bethesda is ignoring a good number of bugs for reasons only they can (will never) answer.

One of mine has over 100 level's worth of perk cards just sitting there. You can use them to respec your character later if you choose poorly, or decide to completely change your build like I did once.

Yep I play everyday too (cut back to about 1 hour per day max lately), but I wish I could stop. I've done all the story, but now I'm stuck in the mmo / mobile game daily login and currency caps cycle so I don't fall behind. Think I am officially going to get burned out after seasons arrive next week.

My main is only level 215 and has about half their level ups unused. Just not much point in choosing more perks with how much of a pain switching your perk set is. Plus the legendary perk system has been delayed and isn't part of patch 20 anymore so I want to see how that turns out first. The test version required scrapping all your extra perk cards for points to upgrade the legendary ones which is kind of crummy if you like keeping your options open.

#8649 jrc84  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:02 PM

I recall you asking the community which "walking sim" game you should play. Glad you enjoyed Firewatch!!! I never played it more than once so can't tell how much it changes on another playthrough.

I highly suggest What Remains of Edith Finch. Female perspective, good story with variety, relaxing as a walking sim, but it can get heavy at times. Gone Home is also a female led walking sim, that only takes a few hours to finish vs WRoEF which is 5-6 hrs. GH is a bit darker of a game, meaning its drab in the color palette imo. But I liked the story which was a bit of a mystery to me, trying to put all the pieces together. Meaning you should search all the nooks & crannies to fill in the gaps of the story. Both great games, check em out. I think Edith Finch is on game pass if you have that

Must have been when I ended up grabbing Firewatch. Adding those two for sale notifications, thanks for the info again.

#8650 wormycoolness  

wormycoolness

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:37 PM

Keep in mind that Fallout 76 *now* and Fallout 76 at launch are completely different.
I still have not fired up my $3 copy.. but I can see there has been many changes. Although bethesda did something not too long ago that wiped inventories? (I think it was inv, that could have been an older issue they created)

Did I miss this $3 Fallout 76 deal? I know fallout 4 has been added and removed and added to gamepass. 

#8651 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:54 PM

Did I miss this $3 Fallout 76 deal? I know fallout 4 has been added and removed and added to gamepass.

I think there was a deal that is over now, was $4 for a used disc copy at GameStop as a deal of the day or something.

#8652 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2795 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:13 PM

GameStop as a deal of the day or something.

That website is very poorly managed and sometimes mistakes are in your favor.  There was an accidental b4g8 + cag16 on titles under $10 a couple of months ago.  This order was $35 shipped.  So below $3/per.
b4g8.png

My Fallout 76 was complete with an unused 500 atoms code.  Haven't gotten to the game yet.  What, if anything, are 500 atoms good for?

#8653 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:26 PM

Microsoft closing their physical stores.  There was never one close to me.  There is one in a mall I occasionally would go to but I never went into the store.

https://www.cnbc.com...ail-stores.html

#8654 wormycoolness  

wormycoolness

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:29 PM

That website is very poorly managed and sometimes mistakes are in your favor.  There was an accidental b4g8 + cag16 on titles under $10 a couple of months ago.  This order was $35 shipped.  So below $3/per.
attachicon.gifb4g8.png

My Fallout 76 was complete with an unused 500 atoms code.  Haven't gotten to the game yet.  What, if anything, are 500 atoms good for?

Ahh thanks for sharing. Gamestop in Canada is not the same. They got rid of all of the Xbox 360 titles and have no more retro stuff. All these plush stuffed toys and funkopops. They use to do a $5 friday deal but dont seem to anymore. 

#8655 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2795 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

Microsoft closing their physical stores.  There was never one close to me.  There is one in a mall I occasionally would go to but I never went into the store.

I use MS products & services but have never visited their attempts to be like Twitch or Apple stores.   Looks like nice recent decisions by MS to me.  :applause: 

Here's hoping funds get diverted to making better/more first-party games.

#8656 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

Microsoft closing their physical stores. There was never one close to me. There is one in a mall I occasionally would go to but I never went into the store.

I just saw this too, sucks for me, I enjoyed going to the one in Vegas in the fashion show mall. They were the ones that hooked me up with a working Xbox One X when mine broke. I wonder if they will have any store closing sales.

Every time I went in, it was busy. I wonder if there just wasn’t a lot of sales happening so it wasn’t making money.

https://news.microso...oach-to-retail/

#8657 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3188 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:57 PM

I use MS products & services but have never visited their attempts to be like Twitch or Apple stores.   Looks like nice recent decisions by MS to me.  :applause: 

Here's hoping funds get diverted to making better/more first-party games.

I forgot they had physical stores since they are so spread out. I'm guessing most of the sales for it are online, anyway.

#8658 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:18 PM

That sucks about Microsoft closing retail stores.  I always heard such great things about the customer service you could get going in there, with console problems or elite controllers often times just giving you a brand new one.  Always hoped it would get big enough to where one would open here but given that i live in Arkansas that was unlikely from the beginning.  

#8659 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:29 PM

We had a MS store kiosk at the local mall but it has been closed for some time.

The only time I went there was when they had the crazy $10 trade in credit for any 360, PS3, or Wii game deal.

Good times.

#8660 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1237 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:30 PM

I stopped by the microsoft store every once in a while. It came in handy when I used a windows phone and they were able to replace mine when one broke but other than that I have no reason to go. The only time I've bought anything was when the minecraft pig controller was reasonably priced but only available for store pick up. The promo when they had a minimum credit of $10 per a game traded in was nice too. 

I played the first episode of Life is Strange 2 last night. I was expecting it to be more interactive like telltale games but so far it's an interesting story. 

#8661 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11245 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

Smite is doing a crossover with Avatar. I have a feeling this will interest a few people.

Weird, I didn't even know any of those characters had last names.

Both of my "local" stores will be very missed by me.  I'm not surprised though because both stores are in huge shopping malls, and I have NO PLANS to go to any shopping malls any time soon.

That sucks about Microsoft closing retail stores.  I always heard such great things about the customer service you could get going in there, with console problems or elite controllers often times just giving you a brand new one.  Always hoped it would get big enough to where one would open here but given that i live in Arkansas that was unlikely from the beginning.  

A friend of mine had two Elite V1 controllers with various problems, and ten minutes later he had two brand new controllers.  I was amazed.

#8662 Cloudrivera   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Cloudrivera

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:51 PM

Damn. Im gonna have to pre-order the series x at bestbuy then. I was hoping I could use my points, but with no more stores I can go to bestbuy in NH and not pay taxes

#8663 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1124 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:19 PM

I played the first episode of Life is Strange 2 last night. I was expecting it to be more interactive like telltale games but so far it's an interesting story.

I just sat through the campfire scene in episode 3 and am surprised I didn’t stab my ears with my car keys. So much cringe.

#8664 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:32 PM

Damn. Im gonna have to pre-order the series x at bestbuy then. I was hoping I could use my points, but with no more stores I can go to bestbuy in NH and not pay taxes

Why not get it shipped straight to your door from Microsoft?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#8665 Throne of Ooze  

Throne of Ooze

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:36 PM

Kind of a bummer, I enjoyed going to the Orlando location. Whenever my Elite controller grips fell off they gave me a replacement controller straight up with no receipt. They had a full Oculus rig open to demo and still held amateur tournaments for Halo.

#8666 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:40 PM

Kind of a bummer, I enjoyed going to the Orlando location. Whenever my Elite controller grips fell off they gave me a replacement controller straight up with no receipt. They had a full Oculus rig open to demo and still held amateur tournaments for Halo.

We had one here in Miami as well. They were really nice and extremely helpful. I hope all those employees find good places to work.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#8667 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:03 PM

The digital MS Store will still exist so you can preorder it there.

I'm not sure you could ever use MS Reward points at a physical MS Store anyway as the points are tied to your MS Account.

#8668 Zantra  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:30 PM

I'm going to miss Chuck E. Cheese more than the Microsoft Store. The location I went to as a kid is one of the oldest remaining locations, opened since the 1970s. Really crazy that something that has been a part of American pop culture for so long can just up and vanish like that in the blink of an eye.

#8669 bardockkun   Porn, Kitsch And Firearms CAGiversary!   14929 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

bardockkun

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:51 PM

I'm only going to miss Chuck E. Cheese because I miss the news every few weeks that pop into my feed of "FIGHT BREAKS OUT AT CHUCK E. CHEESE" like clockwork.

#8670 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:53 PM

I'm going to miss Chuck E. Cheese more than the Microsoft Store. The location I went to as a kid is one of the oldest remaining locations, opened since the 1970s. Really crazy that something that has been a part of American pop culture for so long can just up and vanish like that in the blink of an eye.

I'm torn I have fond memories of it as a kid especially when they had ball pits and the other jungle gym type equipment. As a parent my kids have a blast going there but its gotten way out of hand price wise $50 bucks for them to just play some games? Then we still gotta get dinner? The Wednesday night deal all you can play for an hour is good though.