* * * * - 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#8671 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:54 PM

I'm only going to miss Chuck E. Cheese because I miss the news every few weeks that pop into my feed of "FIGHT BREAKS OUT AT CHUCK E. CHEESE" like clockwork.

Haven't seen fights thankfully, did see the cops come in and arrest a guy as well as hearing about needles being found, thankfully not by us

#8672 RiPPn  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:03 PM

Microsoft closing their physical stores.  There was never one close to me.  There is one in a mall I occasionally would go to but I never went into the store.

https://www.cnbc.com...ail-stores.html

This and Mixer in the same week seems to indicate that Microsoft is cutting costs.  I hope it doesn't hit something we really care about like the rewards program or the games division.

#8673 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4274 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:14 PM

This and Mixer in the same week seems to indicate that Microsoft is cutting costs. I hope it doesn't hit something we really care about like the rewards program or the games division.

Public companies are always evaluating cost vs benefit of various divisions within the organization. If a division is not having enough benefit to justify keeping it to the shareholders then you cut the losses and move on. I’m not worried because I think Microsoft is making/going to make a lot of money off game pass, so they will keep investing in gaming as long as that is making them money.

#8674 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3638 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:59 PM

This and Mixer in the same week seems to indicate that Microsoft is cutting costs.  I hope it doesn't hit something we really care about like the rewards program or the games division.

Mixer wasn't competing with the other streaming services. There is no reason for them to have physical stores when they have their online one and can invest in that at a much cheaper cost. This doesn't mean they're going to shutter parts of their game division (people have been thinking this since the original Xbox and it's foolish).

#8675 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4274 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:09 PM

Mixer wasn't competing with the other streaming services. There is no reason for them to have physical stores when they have their online one and can invest in that at a much cheaper cost. This doesn't mean they're going to shutter parts of their game division (people have been thinking this since the original Xbox and it's foolish).

Agreed, I think COVID pushed them to realize that maybe a physical store was just costing more then it’s worth. When I went on Mixer I would see popular games having numbers in the low 1,000’s of viewers, whereas Twitch will have 150,000+ on popular games. I think the Shroud and Ninja deals just didn’t bring as many people over as they hoped.

I almost wonder if instead of going after Shroud and Ninja, what if they had spent that 40 million on 40 slightly less popular streamers at $1 million a piece to come to Mixer, maybe that would have done them better. Doesn’t really matter now, just speculation at this point.

#8676 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:12 PM

As someone who plays it for hours every day, I can tell you it is still and always will be a buggy mess, and Bethesda is ignoring a good number of bugs for reasons only they can (will never) answer. My money is on the fact that the studio behind it never worked on a big game, let alone anything on the garbage Creation Engine (or whatever Bethesda is currently calling this shoestringed monstrosity).

For perks, you get to choose a perk card for every level, and you get a pack of random cards every few levels until 10? 15? then it is every 5 levels. Before level 50 there isn't any reason not to pick your SPECIAL and perk card right away for the reason you mentioned. Also, when you decide to choose a SPECIAL point, you do NOT have to pick a perk card from that SPECIAL, you can choose one from any category. Rank 2 of picklock unlocks at level 19 IIRC.

jonathansmith369 is probably not leveling up for the same reason I'm not leveling up any of my 5 (yes I have a problem) characters, there isn't any reason to. You can't be a god like previous games, once you hit level 50 you stop getting SPECIAL points, there are no new perks after level 50 and there is only so many perks you need before you are set. One of mine has over 100 level's worth of perk cards just sitting there. You can use them to respec your character later if you choose poorly, or decide to completely change your build like I did once.

If water is an issue, you need to get the small water purifier plan from one of the Overseer's caches (Don't recall which one because that was a loooong time ago) and build a few at your camp, or have someone else build them for you, along with power. Anyone can build items at another person's camp as long as they are on a team and the item isn't from the Atom Shop or a Nuclear Winter reward (besides a few exceptions because reasons). They can be built on dirt, while the larger ones require standing water. Also, if food is an issue, plant some crops and make soups with them and boiled (not purified) water, they have a condition bar (for now anyway) but will feed and water you. Specifically razorgrain, carrots (I think) and corn. Mutfruit, tatos, and melons make drinks. I would think they would be throwing radaway at you at low levels, they still are throwing it at me when I do the Dailies that give Treasury Notes. The new questline they added that starts at The Wayward seems to throw a lot of Aid items at you.

I play it a ton, (my girlfriend is currently redoing one of my camps for me as I'm typing this) so I know quite a bit about everything. Except builds, don't ask me about the Meta, I play full health builds, not the popular Junkies or Bloodied builds everyone seems to run. I don't want to micro manage my health or deal with 5 addictions.

Edit: I missed the last part of your last post. To cure your addiction, there are two ways I'm aware of, making a radscorpion omelet (which request a radscorpion egg) will cure one random addiction, and the drug Addictol will cure them all I believe. I used to have a ton of addictol until I finally dumped it all at robot vendors. I'd just keep picking up the one hidden in a desk at Biv's place, seems like most people didn't realize it was there because you have to crouch to see and reach it. Yes, their prices suck, you can mitigate that by obviously increasing your Charisma stat. the charisma perk Hard Bargain has 3 ranks, each one giving you better prices (IIRC each rank gives you a hidden +3 charisma that only applies to buying/selling). Magnetic Personality is a rank 2 perk which requires teammates to boost your charisma. There are also Aid items to temporarily increase it, Mothman egg omelets increase it by 2, Sweet Rolls by 3, and Grape Mentats by 5. Keep in mind you can stack buffs, but not if they come from the same type of item. For example, You can't eat both a sweet roll and a mothman egg omlette to get +5, the last one consumed is the only buff you get. You can mix Grape Mentats with one of them though since it is a drug and not food.

Oh wow. You do play a lot of this game. Well, I did find my lockpick perk. It's frustrating finding so many doors and safes I can't get into yet. This game really should tell you that you are going into areas you're not leveled up enough to get anything from. I've done 3 quests now where I find level 20 and higher enemies and I have to come back to. I was gonna bury that guy but it turns out I can't use the shovel until I'm at level 25. The black lodge monster barely gets touched by me. I think I need to follow the main quest store more since the game knows you won't be very high level. I just got to level 10 so I am able to carry different weapons and wear better armor so that's good.

I have ran into a bug when trying to hack a terminal. I couldn't select anything. The game would only recognize the A button on the very first guess and I couldn't back out so I had to reset the game. Nothing else other than that so far. I am really disappointed in the framerate. I am playing on a One X and there is no way this game is a stable 30 or 60 all the time. Not sure what it's going for but man, they really need to patch the framerate. That's my biggest problem with the game as of today.

How do I hotkey my weapons? I have to keep going to my pipboy to change. Heading left on the d-pad I can only cycle through like two different guns. Sometimes I want a melee weapon or a different gun. Did they take this away?

I am not really messing with real people. Trying to play a solo experience. Someone did revive me once in a battle. I happened to be fighting supermutants with 2 other people. I am not familiar with this whole multiplayer part at all. I built a camp but when I logged back in, the game told me the camp was gone. I still have all my stuff though. I built my camp near the overseer one she left. It will be very frustrating if my camp keeps getting deleted. I assume it saves everything I did as I am not a big fan of connecting generators and all that. It's one of the things I didn't like about FO4 but it was pretty optional in that game. I am thinking it plays a bigger role in 76. I have not run across anyone's camp but I do see them on the map. Again, I am used to a solo Fallout experience so that's what I am doing. I might get more into the multiplayer aspect of it but I am so used to just playing by myself so it's not a high priority for me.
Oh and I'm not really sure why the atomic shop is. I think it's just a bunch of cosmetic things for your Camp. My used game came with an unused 500 Adam code but yeah I don't really know what the atomic shop does.

Did I miss this $3 Fallout 76 deal? I know fallout 4 has been added and removed and added to gamepass.

I paid $4.99 for 76 when it was buy 2 $9.99 games and get 2 free. It has been cheaper than that though. I personally like to play the DLC of the Fallout games so I wait for the GOTY editions to go on sale and buy them. The gamepass versions don't have the DLC but I would assume if people really like Fallout on gamepass, they would either but the DLC or get the GOTY versions.

#8677 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6268 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

Public companies are always evaluating cost vs benefit of various divisions within the organization. If a division is not having enough benefit to justify keeping it to the shareholders then you cut the losses and move on. I’m not worried because I think Microsoft is making/going to make a lot of money off game pass, so they will keep investing in gaming as long as that is making them money.

Well, there were a number of shareholders that were pushing them to cut their losses with Xbox.  I am curious about the actual revenues / profits of Game Pass compared to the loss of sales of first party titles.  Or if being able to tout higher subscription / engagement rates is more for its impact on stock price vs. actual bottom line dollar figures.

#8678 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

I didn’t buy it on sale for $3, it was a gamestop deal that I traded in my copy I paid like $10-15 for and bought it back the next day/week for a grand total of $3.xx spent.
The bonus $5 they did helped me attempt to clear the backlog

Edit: I did the same thing with anthem, but I think it was $5 total.

#8679 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:32 PM

Update for the Costume Quest 2 quest: Loaded up the GamePass app on my phone, and the quest popped up as cleared right away.  Looks like the tracking might be fixed now.

#8680 RiPPn  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, I wasn't meaning they would kill the Xbox division, no way they do that this close to the launch of the series X.  I was more meaning like a studio that isn't performing, the rewards program which can't be cheap to run or something else we can't think of.  Who know, but killing 2 unrelated branches in the same week and it's not even the end of a quarter says they are looking to cut costs.

#8681 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9074 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:02 PM

RIP Microsoft Stores.
Didn't go to mine THAT often, but they had some solid deals from time to time. That and it's always nice to get in-person customer service for electronics.
I wonder how Apple can afford stores while MS can't.

#8682 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:14 PM

I will miss my local MS store. They had great customer service and I had planned to get my Series X there.

I would order online, but rarely do I have good luck getting packages (electronics or otherwise) that haven’t taken a beating.

#8683 wjgillespie602   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

wjgillespie602

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:31 PM

So.. naturally I think the question becomes what can we do with these Microsoft store gift cards.. to be clear not the ones we are all so familiar with, but the ones that only work in store. I still have credit from that trade in years ago on 360 and ps3 games!!

Not even a phone # on the card yeesh

I will miss my local MS store. They had great customer service and I had planned to get my Series X there.

I would order online, but rarely do I have good luck getting packages (electronics or otherwise) that haven’t taken a beating.

#8684 w00dm4n   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:38 PM

I'm only going to miss Chuck E. Cheese because I miss the news every few weeks that pop into my feed of "FIGHT BREAKS OUT AT CHUCK E. CHEESE" like clockwork.

I'm going to miss seeing all the young single mothers looking for love there. "is that your son? no? oh that's your sister and nephew? Hi, my name is Stacey"

#8685 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:39 PM

RIP Microsoft Stores.
Didn't go to mine THAT often, but they had some solid deals from time to time. That and it's always nice to get in-person customer service for electronics.
I wonder how Apple can afford stores while MS can't.

iPhones probably.

MS only has Surface tablets and Xbox for the most part.

#8686 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   750 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:15 PM

Oh wow. You do play a lot of this game.

You will run into many, many bugs the more you play. Be prepared. Some really annoying ones I experience daily prevent me from fast traveling, trading, teaming up, or even just joining the same server my GF is on.

The leveling is pretty terribly designed, they've already altered it once but are doing a major overhaul later this year. Many places the level is set by the first person to enter the area, so any high level player like me will always set the level to the location's highest. Keep that in mind. The Forest area is the only exception, everything there is pretty low level and can't be raised by a high level player in the area. Other areas are always high level, such as the Cranberry Bog.

You can hotkey your weapons (and other items) in two ways, directly from the pipboy or from the wheel itself. If you do it from the pipboy, you pres RB and it will add them to the wheel clockwise starting at the 1:00 position skipping any already keyed. If you press up on the Dpad to open the wheel you can move to a specific slot with the Dpad or one of the thumbsticks (I forget which because I always use the Dpad, or more specifically the two paddles I have set to the Dpad) and press RB to open a menu that shows you every thing you can put there, which could be a lot if you're holding a bunch of stuff. Left on the Dpad just cycles between the last two selected weapons. Dpad right is a dedicated stimpack key, so you don't necessarily need to hotkey one unless you want a specific type to be used. It defaults to the lowest one first, so Diluted, then regular when you are out of diluted, and finally Super. Healing Salve sometimes gets used before any stimpacks, but when I used them over a year ago it was hit and miss that they got used.

Be sure you have Pacifist mode on in the settings, otherwise anyone you accidentally hit will be able to kill you and take your dropped junk. Workshops override Pacifist mode, so if you take one over anyone can kill you inside the build radius, possibly even away from it if they have a teammate contest the workshop for them. If you place your camp in a popular spot (you did, that's a popular spot) and somebody else has theirs or their Fallout 1st tent near enough, your camp can't be placed. It should warn you though and give you the option to switch servers until you find one where your camp is placed. All my camps are on popular resource nodes, so I frequently have to switch multiple times before I can have my camp available. I hate camp building too, that's why I let my GF who enjoys it (except when Bethesda's stupid bugs piss her off like they are right now as she is rebuilding another camp for me as I type this) build all of mine. One thing a camp will help you with is caps. Once you find out what people want, you can start selling stuff from vending machines and make a lot of caps. I sell popular junk all the time, stimpacks, 5.56 ammo, and rare cosmetic items. I can make 10,000 caps in a few minutes with the right stuff for sale. Depends on who is on the server though, that same stuff could sit there for hours and not make me a single cap. MMO's do it better.

Atom Shop was promised to be Cosmetic only at launch, but that was one of many lies Bethesda has made about 76. They now sell scrap kits that break down all your junk and teleport it to your stash, repair kits that allow you to repair weapons and armor anywhere, and collectrons that can collect junk or food (depending one which one you get) for you at your camp. I'm also betting they will start selling the upcoming lunch boxes that give various buffs with the update Tuesday. I started out just buying skins for Power Armor, but branched out and now have many camp items and a few cosmetic items for my two characters that don't wear PA. I earned a crap ton of Atoms for free since launch though doing 98% of the Challenges they have in the challenge menu (which is only visible if you are on a server, not the main menu), as well as all the daily and weekly challenges they list there, and never bought any unless you count the monthly atoms I get for my Fallout 1st sub. I'm also a Cheap Ass (no surprise) so I frequently only buy things on sale, usually 50% off. From what I've read, the daily and weekly challenges are getting removed on Tuesday, and the amount we will earn in this Summer season is only about 20% of what we would have been able to earn from all the daily and weekly ones. So if you want to buy anything, I suggest you do them if you can. Items cycle through every week, and some weeks they have a few things only available for a day, or at least at a discounted price. This week it looks like two new things are added/removed each day on sale, not including all the stuff that is available on sale for a week and a half.

#8687 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:34 PM

Can anybody who has played Control answer a serious question? I know sometimes the game sets off some weird people.

I am having am absolute slog of a time. The red and orange enemies. I can't see them after a bit, is this a setting? The game? Am I just that lame\insane? It is just too much red and orange after a while. The one fight with the shields had me nearly break a controller for the first time. I had to quit the game and I loves me some Remedy

#8688 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:59 PM

Seeing a rumor that MS is working some deal with Best Buy to have like a "Microsoft Zone" for lack of a better term. That could go along way to explain that I saw they were closing the 84 stores but anticipating no layoffs...

#8689 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:00 PM

Seeing a rumor that MS is working some deal with Best Buy to have like a "Microsoft Zone" for lack of a better term. That could go along way to explain that I saw they were closing the 84 stores but anticipating no layoffs...

Damn they took my idea and I'm not gonna get a cut. Wtf.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#8690 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3638 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:04 PM

They aren't anticipating layoffs because the employees will work on their website. They even said that when it was announced...

#8691 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6268 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:04 PM

Who know, but killing 2 unrelated branches in the same week and it's not even the end of a quarter says they are looking to cut costs.

Actually, Microsoft's fiscal year ends on June 30th, so probably close enough.  Tuesday will be the end of a quarter for a lot of companies, the second quarter for those lined up with the calendar year and the third quarter for those synced with the US government.

There's an MS Store in the mall near where I worked.  Went to the Gears Judgment midnight launch party they had.  Pizza, giveaways, gaming competitions, had a decent time.

#8692 bardockkun   Porn, Kitsch And Firearms CAGiversary!   14744 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

bardockkun

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:07 PM

Damn they took my idea and I'm not gonna get a cut. Wtf.

I Told Microsoft your idea and took all the credit. Thanks to you sharing your ideas with us, I'm the millionaire!

3ocCzfB.gif

#8693 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4274 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:10 PM

July is in 4 days and we don’t know the date for the July Xbox show yet. I hope they announce soon. I’m hoping to be off work to watch it live.

#8694 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:10 PM

I Told Microsoft your idea and took all the credit. Thanks to you sharing your ideas with us, I'm the millionaire!

3ocCzfB.gif

Mo money mo problems. You'll be a crackhead in no time.

#8695 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:13 PM

They aren't anticipating layoffs because the employees will work on their website. They even said that when it was announced...

Seems a whole lot of people in different parts of the country for a website, that you'd also have to transition from being a in person sales rep but I don't know. Just something I saw, I'm sure you know...

#8696 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8226 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:55 PM

Seems a whole lot of people in different parts of the country for a website, that you'd also have to transition from being a in person sales rep but I don't know. Just something I saw, I'm sure you know...

I agree with you.  They aren't going to need all these in store employees to work at the website.  Whatever that even means.  

#8697 Babysinclair   Banned Banned   44 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

Babysinclair

Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:18 PM

I heard California might implement a stay at home order again on or around the 1st week of July, because people are morons, this would have been over around this time but again people are morons lol.

#8698 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:24 PM

Well, there were a number of shareholders that were pushing them to cut their losses with Xbox.  I am curious about the actual revenues / profits of Game Pass compared to the loss of sales of first party titles.  Or if being able to tout higher subscription / engagement rates is more for its impact on stock price vs. actual bottom line dollar figures.

It's got to be a loss currently with all those $1 subs, but I'm definitely planning on re-upping in now September 2022 if we ever make it there 

#8699 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   955 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:32 AM

If anyone is looking for a decent kid’s game, that Ben 10 game for $5 is pretty good.

#8700 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7901 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:43 AM

PSA: Comcast removed its data cap on its broadband until Tuesday, June 30th in response to the pandemic.

https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19

As a Comcast customer, I'm downloading anything on Game Pass that I might be remotely interested in trying out before that date.