* * * - - 10 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2:SE, South Park, Division 1/2, more | Quakecon, Metro, Big Gaming | GwG: Dunk Lords, Portal Knights; MX Unleashed

#11551 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:18 AM

I’m thinking Forza 4 add on bundle and Sniper Elite V2. Saints Row the Third is showing up in my wishlist for $30. I played that game at least twice on 360 and want to support the developer but I’d like to see it a bit lower. Same with the LEGO games. I’d get Recore but on my Xbox it doesn’t show Gamepass or gold. I wonder if I somehow got it for free.

#11552 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:36 AM

Yeah, all ten or fifteen of those Series X and PS5 games are really going to be clogging the shelves.

You must not be lucky enough to live near a Target in a small college town. We have one aisle. Nintendo on the left side of the aisle, and PlayStation and Xbox share the right side of the aisle. And, that's all that we get. I imagine that it will be even worse when the new consoles drop in November.

#11553 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:59 AM

It was a long process of highs and lows but now that I’m home with family it was all worth it. Now besides physical and occupational therapy I have nothing to do but sit back and recover. I figured catching up on some games will help me rehab and clear my mind a bit.

Good to hear you are out of the difficult phase of recovery. I can't imagine being in the hospital for 7 months straight.

#11554 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:06 AM

I feel like this Black Friday (though most likely digital) will give us some of the best deals on PS4 and Xbox One games ever. Since you know that stores like Target are going to want to fill their limited shelf space with PS5 and Series X games.

There won't be a traditional BF this year. Hell, Target already announced they're starting their deals in October.

#11555 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:34 AM

Also remember that Prime day is first week of October (I think)

There could be some decent deals.

I think BF will be more online than in stores, we will still have it.. Retailers need it.

#11556 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:35 AM

Eh sale

#11557 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1554 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:37 AM

About 75% done with Quantum Break and it's really good, it's a shame this game didn't perform better. The storytelling is a tad disjointed, since there are characters in the TV portion which have minimal or no presence in the game itself, and sometimes I feel like I'm missing something. 

Still great, though, and even if it's by default, one of the best exclusives on the platform.

I loved Quantum Break, though the TV show bit is pretty unusual. You can definitely feel some of its heritage when playing Control as well.  Remedy has always made really good stuff.

#11558 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1554 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:42 AM

New low price on DOA6, I may finally pick that up.

The Fallout 4 + Skyrim bundle is stupidly more expensive than the individual games.

Tempted by Jedi Fallen Order, but it will probably drop lower later in the year - maybe I should save it for XSX?

Come on Microsoft, put out a punch card and push me over the edge to buy more things.  :)

#11559 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:46 AM

There won't be a traditional BF this year. Hell, Target already announced they're starting their deals in October.

Please sir, let me keep my dreams of pummeling the elderly for cheap kitchen appliances. It's all that I have.

#11560 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:02 AM

ReCore for $5 is a pretty good deal! Game got no love but it's actually a pretty fun game that's totally different from just about anything else out there. Made by some good talent too, people who worked on the Metroid Prime games and some former Capcom guys. Check it out if your looking for something new and dig a little sci fi. I had a blast with it!

I’ll be beating it soon thanks to game pass. But if it weren’t for that I’d definitely be buying in at the $5 sale price. Well worth it in my opinion. Another thing to note is that there is no standard edition anymore, it’s just the definitive edition or whatever it’s called. I looked it up in the store and there are apparently a ton of QoL improvements from the original version

#11561 CaptainButtlord   bang bang what's the hang CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

CaptainButtlord

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:06 AM

Oh man, pancreatitis. It's one hell of a disease. I kept going to doctors complaining of excruciating pain in the midsection, and when they determined it was coming from the left side, they just told me to ease up on spicy food and tomatoes. Eventually I was taken to a doctor who knew what he was doing, and he noticed right away that I had pancreatitis. The next couple of months were a blur; they took out my gallbladder, I woke up from the operation lunging for a male nurse, and I spent the next few weeks sleeping and hallucinating, while they had me hooked up to more tubes and wires than Frankenstein. They took me back home, only for my lungs to fill with liquid, necessitating another month long visit to the hospital.

A fun time was had by none. I'm told that I came close to dying at least twice, and I had to return to the hospital a third time months later to have my digestive system rerouted. I don't know what you went through yourself, but if you were there for over half a year there's a pretty good chance it was even worse than what I experienced. Good on you for surviving it, and for not contracting pan NOW when doctors are busy dealing with other things.

(Post-script: Dilaudid is like, the Rolls-Royce of pain killers. No wonder Prince was always taking the stuff.)

At one point my heart stopped beating for 18 minutes. When I got discharged my surgeon on my team said I had about a dozen or so close calls. I still have a feeding tube but they’re letting me eat solid foods for now also. They didn’t take my gallbladder out because I wasn’t healthy enough for the surgery but I’m sure that’s coming up soon. But now I’m home and was actually told by my occupational therapist that playing video games would help me with my hand strength and hand/eye and coordination, so I told my wife I HAVE to sit and play my Xbox for therapy reasons.

#11562 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 August 2020 - 06:59 AM

When I answered your question, I meant more like transitions between world map and towns, towns and menus, or into battles. As far as I can remember there aren't any actual load screens, and the transitions between scenes are plenty quick.

This is the info I was looking for. Sounds promising thanks. I'm hoping someone here has played the original and the One version can compare.
 I was able to find this https://finalfantasy...ion_differences

Significantly improved loading times during area and screen transitions. For example, entering and exiting an area from the World Map or challenging an NPC to a game of Triple Triad now loads in an instant.

That should just about answer my question. I'm stoked to play this game soon.

#11563 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 14 August 2020 - 09:10 AM

Spend $40 on Summer Sale games, get 4000 points. I had $5 expiring, so for $36, I got the version of Assassin's Creed Origins with all of the DLC, and all four of the Naruto games in a collection. I feel like of all the games, those are the best deals for the required $40, as they come with hundreds of dollars of games and DLC.

#11564 kyfho33   CAGlurker CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 11:51 AM

Got the new store update -- really liking it so far -- much faster, xbox 360 and OG xbox games show now (with prices).  It's actually a valid place to browse sales now (shows if and how you own something (purchase,gold,ea access) shows price and percentage off - has a nice small video preview in the upper corner (with option to turn off it and/or sound).  The wishlist and cart functions seem to work much better

#11565 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3198 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 14 August 2020 - 12:17 PM

Fortnite versus everybody!

They are just really really committed to the idea of Battle Royale and have gone a little stir crazy in quarantine.

#11566 Zantra  

Zantra

Posted 14 August 2020 - 12:57 PM

What if this is what they had planned all along?

#11567 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 14 August 2020 - 12:58 PM

Where’s the list of 360 games on sale?

#11568 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3502 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 14 August 2020 - 01:10 PM

Has Divinity 2 been lower? Not sure why I'm considering it since I have the first and have barely played it. #caglife

#11569 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 14 August 2020 - 01:57 PM

The Fallout 4 + Skyrim bundle is stupidly more expensive than the individual games.

Not sure that I'm following.

They are pretty much the same price if you buy them separately or buying the bundle.

#11570 Volitar Prime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Volitar Prime

Posted 14 August 2020 - 02:01 PM

Bullet Soul (BC 360) is on sale in the old store, not the new.  $9.99 (33% off): https://marketplace....15-d802465607f7

#11571 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3092 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 14 August 2020 - 02:07 PM

It's a pretty good one of those, been a long time I think since it's had any kind of sale 

#11572 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1554 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 02:42 PM

It's obviously planned - they had the lawsuit ready to go.  Epic is going to see if they can break Apple and Google's chokehold on their respective app stores by claiming monopoly power.  It sounds like a lot of expensive litigation and I have no idea what their chance of success is (probably low), but it's certainly an interesting gambit.

#11573 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1554 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 02:50 PM

Not sure that I'm following.

They are pretty much the same price if you buy them separately or buying the bundle.

Sorry, the "stupidly" modifier is poorly placed there, I meant to say it's dumb that the bundle is more expensive, not that there's a huge price difference.  But the bundle is 81 pennies more than the individual games which makes.... wait for it.... no cents.   :- 

#11574 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 14 August 2020 - 02:52 PM

Everyone, let us all buy the Duke Nukem world tour, it is only $2 and it has a completely new episode, music, and catch phrases from the original creators

with hopes there will be more Duke games

That is all

rest of the sale is butt

#11575 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 14 August 2020 - 02:54 PM

Sorry, the "stupidly" modifier is poorly placed there, I meant to say it's dumb that the bundle is more expensive, not that there's a huge price difference.  But the bundle is 81 pennies more than the individual games which makes.... wait for it.... no cents.   :-

puts-on-sunglasses-feat-1-1-620x350.jpg

#11576 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11259 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:26 PM

Where’s the list of 360 games on sale?

Here is the Major's post with all the deets:

https://majornelson....light-sale-179/

#11577 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3728 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:35 PM

I think it is.  What would have been PERFECT timing is if Microsoft announced and released their new Duo phone with a windows operating system (instead of Android) yesterday.  Microsoft would potentially gain a foothold back into the phone market along with offering a Fortnite mobile option.  This is, of course, just daydreaming and fun conjecture.  Also, I really doubt Fortnite moves the needle that much that Apple or Google are even going to care.

#11578 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2590 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:53 PM

I think it is. What would have been PERFECT timing is if Microsoft announced and released their new Duo phone with a windows operating system (instead of Android) yesterday. Microsoft would potentially gain a foothold back into the phone market along with offering a Fortnite mobile option. This is, of course, just daydreaming and fun conjecture. Also, I really doubt Fortnite moves the needle that much that Apple or Google are even going to care.

Fortnite's revenue is about $1.5 million a day on iOS and is pretty consistently one of the top 10 earners on iOS each day. So in the long run it more than likely matters to them. That being said, if you're Apple you're probably trying to figure this out before more companies decide to jump ship or attempt to reroute. Like you said, if they don't figure out something they may start opening the door for other companies like Samsung or Microsoft.

#11579 Sielanas  

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:24 PM

This Fortnite thing is about huge money, it's going to get interesting.

I notice River City Girls is in the sale, I don't remember it being discounted yet. 40% to 17.99 is tempting.

#11580 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3198 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:32 PM

Fortnite's revenue is about $1.5 million a day on iOS and is pretty consistently one of the top 10 earners on iOS each day. So in the long run it more than likely matters to them. That being said, if you're Apple you're probably trying to figure this out before more companies decide to jump ship or attempt to reroute. Like you said, if they don't figure out something they may start opening the door for other companies like Samsung or Microsoft.

Apple and Google both take a 30% cut from micro-transactions, which was easy to find information, but it's not clear if MS / Sony / Steam / Nintendo do the same. All listed platforms take a solid 30% of actual game sales, and Nintendo apparently used to take 35% in the Wii days but adjusted it to be in line with other platforms. 

Microtransactions on Android follow the same structure in that they are required to use the Google infrastructure for payment in order to be on the Play store. Since Android supports third party stores, it's more symbolic to remove it from the Play store, but third party stores don't receive nearly the same amount of traffic. Epic is accusing Google of undermining third parties through all of the security warnings about installing third party software or side-loading applications, but it's always seemed reasonable to me since I'm sure there is plenty of malware parading as a store front. 

MS and Sony probably get a similar cut for microtransactions, but if they targeted all platforms then no one could play at all. A court ruling against Apple, though, could set precedent for other platforms pretty quickly.