CheapyD, ever consider creating a generic deal site

Rictor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Fatwallet is gone, SlickDeals suck, and there are no competitors out there.  I need help finding non-gaming deals and somewhere to post the non-gaming deals I find.  The non-gaming sub-forums here don't really get much activity.  Ever consider creating a generic deal site?  There seems to be a need out there for a site with an actual community.

1.  Wow, i somehow missed that Fatwallet is gone.

2.  We have a whole new website coming very soon.   We are going to try to simplify the forum layout a bit and there should be more emphasis on non-gaming deals.  Would love your participation and input.  Thanks!

Yah, Fat Wallet got bought out, then the new owners redirected all the traffic to a coupon site.  I think the great thing about Fatwallet was that it had a community of mods that went through the forums and highlighted the best deals on the front page of the website each day and then sub-pages of category deals.  Slickdeals doesn't do it as well.  Also, they have a lot of paid deal placement of deals that aren't good at all.

Also, I'm in Indianapolis, and I can't access the Slickdeals website from my Comcast home Internet or from the Internet at my Fortune 500 company's office.  I can only access it via my Verizon cell phone connection.  It's been like this for about 2 years now.  Whatever web host they use is horrible.

So is this a whole new website you are releasing separate from CAG or a redesign of CAG?  I'd hate to see CAG change to have less of a gaming focus, as this is an awesome gaming community.  A separate site would be great though.

cheapassshopper.com?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back