ATgames Blast! HDMI sticks $9 @ Ralphs

epobirs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
https://blast.atgames.net/

Ralphs Supermarket in Encino, CA has several different models of the ATgames Blast! HDMI sticks marked down to $9 on a Christmas clearance table.  These have seals on them from Family Dollar, so might also turn up there for a comparable price or at other Kroger owned stores across the country. See what you find and report back here.

The two models I picked up were Adventure and Star Flashback. For that price they're hard to resist and should make great gifts.

The Pac Man one was blasted across retro gaming sites because they sent prominent people in the community (and the Namco license approval team) versions with arcade roms and then the retail version had NES roms. It's still a decent little device if you want some cheap games on a TV.

The Pac Man one was blasted across retro gaming sites because they sent prominent people in the community (and the Namco license approval team) versions with arcade roms and then the retail version had NES roms. It's still a decent little device if you want some cheap games on a TV.
I haven't had time to try them out yet but I strongly suspect the Adventure model is all NES ROMs and the Star Flashback is a mix of NES and Atari VCS material. That's why I wouldn't give these a second glance if the price wasn't under $1 a game and it had the convenience of being self-contained.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen any products of this sort that use the Atari 800/5200 as their source. A lot of the same games are available in far superior versions and the hardware is trivially easy to emulate on anything that can handle NES emulation. The 7800 library is fairly small but it was a huge improvement on the VCS and had a few gems.

bread's done
Back