CAGcast #619: Battle of the Passes

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Sony skipping E3, next-gen Xbox lack of exclusives, various passes, and oh so much more!

Download (1 hr 12 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Hello Fresh! Get 10 free meals by going to hellofresh.com/CAGCAST10 and enter CAGCAST10!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Ariana Grande - thank u, next (RudeLies Remix)

Outro - Pete Rose Sings!! Aqua Velva Commercial 2-1976

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let Wombat enjoy his different boxes if they bring him joy, quit busting his chops over them. i found the arby's contents interesting and look forward to hear what the future coca cola boxes have to offer. 

Shipwreck, I finally downloaded Farm together and as it turns out, my girlfriend is really getting into it!

Here's my issue though: She's a systems engineer, and is turning the farm into a souless corporation of food production. I need a more esthetically pleasing model or the game is going to be as much fun as a CSV file!

Did you and the Mrs. have any balance between max production and actually having fun with the less grindy aspects? 

Cheapy, Wombat is right- give DC's Harley Quinn cartoon a chance. The first episode is an outlier in terms of its shock factor. Episodes 2 and 4 are very fast, funny, and amazingly written. Poison Ivy as a modern-day-"Daria" has some of the best lines. Although the season has been uneven so far, the average episode is really fun.

Hi guys, long time listener (10 years since I signed up on the forum, god Im old), though I've chimed in from time to time on here, the recent comment on last weeks podcast about how the comment section is a wasteland kinda made me feel bad for your guys and got me to posting on giving you props for your enduring commitment to the show.

Out of all the podcasts I listen to I feel more in tune with CagCast - just a buncha dudes my age who grew up with games, who got on with life but still love their games and nerdy shit and meet up each week to talk about the stuff you like. You don't get involved in the obnoxious dramas of other online communities and always keep it real, and you've been in some way or another part of my life for the past 10 years so for that alone, Id like to thank you!

I still game, though in my advanced age (42y) I find I have less patience for huge AAA titles that take over 20h to finish, and find myself gravitating more to shorter indie releases, but I do get sucked into AAAs from time to time (100h put into AC: Odyssey ugh). Over the last year I've also gotten hugely into board gaming, and host a weekly meetup. Do you guys boardgame at all, and if so, which are your favorite boardgames? I recall Wombat mentioning once he played Fallout the board game on his own... I have yet to dip my toes into solo board games, any good recommendations?

Keep up the great work, dont you dare fucking quit, I wanna hear your grandpa ramblings 30 years from now! xD

I feel like Epic Games has an advantage when it comes to the battle pass for Fortnite because the game makes so much damn money they can keep throwing in tons of skins and variants.

This is also technically their 10th battle pass. They’ve continue to evolve and add more stuff with each one. The progression was just changed this season to be more rewarding with all the XP and bonuses. Previous battle passes took much longer to unlock tier 100. But I agree they are designed to keep you playing. While new challenges unlock weekly, as Wombat experienced, you can wait until later in the season and complete them all at once if preferred.

When it comes to skin ‘rarity’ you’d be surprised how much it matters to kids. Seeing someone with a rare skin like Renegade Raider or Black Knight is a big deal to them. Epic even went as far to add special variants for people that bought older shop skins when they first came available after they re-released them. I’ve had people offer money for my account while playing simply because I have skins from the first battle pass and those will never will become available again.

Cheapy, Wombat is right- give DC's Harley Quinn cartoon a chance. The first episode is an outlier in terms of its shock factor. Episodes 2 and 4 are very fast, funny, and amazingly written. Poison Ivy as a modern-day-"Daria" has some of the best lines. Although the season has been uneven so far, the average episode is really fun.
Agreed; I watch it with my work friends at lunch and everyone is loving it. Pairs well with Rick and Morty.

bread's done
Back