- - - - -

NEOGEO Mini International, 3.5" LCD Screen $44.99 Newegg.com

#1 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:38 AM

Use promo code PBJAN23FFT for 50% off

https://www.newegg.c...N82E16868180002

Use promo code PBJAN23FFT for 50% off

#2 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:28 AM

Submit to amazon for possible price match plz

#3 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   502 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:28 AM

Aw, OOS :cry:

#4 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:39 AM

They always gotta sell this thing for cheap when I'm entirely out of money. Curses!

#5 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:38 PM

Damn already out of stock. Hope Amazon matches this. 

#6 3extremes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

3extremes

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:38 AM

$29.99 at Amazon w/ free shipping, hurry it's on SD  

http://www.amazon.co...KIKX0DER&psc=1 

#7 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:35 AM

$29.99 at Amazon w/ free shipping, hurry it's on SD

http://www.amazon.co...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Lol

#8 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1645 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:24 AM

Got one from Amazon. Anyone have and mod one? Looking to add only more neo geo games if I bother. I prefer real copies but there's no way in hell I can afford neo geo so this is my only way to own the library lol.

#9 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:35 AM

even at $30...i’m still left wanting a tv focused neo geo mini that can be modded for the full library instead of this.

#10 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3344 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:13 PM

Caught this over on SD.  For $30 on Amazon... done.  Perfect price for this.   If only the controllers were cheap too, but I can deal with this being just a single player experience.

#11 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4315 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:07 PM

I heard the output to tv is terrible. Blurry picture. I guess if you play it on its small screen, its ok.

#12 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:12 PM

I've read that the best way to play is with the small screen, tethered to a power supply, because who the hell knows, with the separate controllers, instead of the one that is part of the system.

I'm still a little salty because I thought the price wouldn't drop, and paid $75 for it

#13 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4315 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:15 PM

I paid $63 with two extra controllers included in January on a lightning deal. I still haven't opened it. I guess that is alright because it was bundled with the controllers.

#14 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3344 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:19 PM

I heard the output to tv is terrible. Blurry picture. I guess if you play it on its small screen, its ok.

I plan to just play mine on it's screen.  Not sure I'll bother even hacking it since the default game list is so good.

#15 kevlar51   eats babies CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:20 PM

White controller is $20 https://www.amazon.c...148&sr=8-8&th=1

#16 Equippt  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

I plan to just play mine on it's screen.  Not sure I'll bother even hacking it since the default game list is so good.

That's where I'm at too. For $30 I'm fine with this being a fun little toy instead of a serious gaming device.

#17 investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2115 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

investor9872

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:10 PM

That's where I'm at too. For $30 I'm fine with this being a fun little toy instead of a serious gaming device.

It's true that the games look best on the mini, 3.5" screen.  Unfortunately, as an older gamer, I just can't see very well on that screen.  I'm hoping that they will release this collection with upgraded HD graphic for the consoles, PS4 especially.

#18 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:17 PM

I'm hoping that they will release this collection with upgraded HD graphic for the consoles, PS4 especially.

No kidding.  That game list would be an absolute steal at $30.  I just don't want dedicated hardware for it, especially if the TV hookup is subpar.

#19 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:14 PM

$30 is an absolute no brainer for this thing. Those ones at Walmart that have one game on them sometimes almost cost this much.

#20 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4844 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:44 PM

Tremendous! Just ordered one. I think this should be the purrfect size for my tiny but powerful paws.

#21 3extremes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

3extremes

Posted 01 May 2020 - 04:57 AM

OOS, SD effect

#22 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:59 AM

OOS, SD effect

I wouldn't put too much blame on SD. That deal was up nearly 24 hours... WAY longer than I would have expected at that price.

#23 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7999 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:21 AM

Glad I had the self control to let this deal pass.  With the ongoing COVID-19 situation and the personnel issues going on at my job, I'm still working, but I really didn't need to drop the money on one of these in case the bottom falls out. 

So I spent the day yesterday fixing a Retrogame RS-97 handheld that had arrived broken from Amazon Warehouse last year, and I got my Neo-Geo games working on that instead after adding the most recent custom firmware.  I had been putting that project off for months.  But self-control is sometimes its own reward.  I took the entire system apart, added a new SD card with the firmware, and now the damn thing works like a dream.

But congratulations to everyone who got the deal.  Please let us know how what your experience was like with the system once it arrives.

#24 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:00 AM

Glad I had the self control to let this deal pass.  With the ongoing COVID-19 situation and the personnel issues going on at my job, I'm still working, but I really didn't need to drop the money on one of these in case the bottom falls out. 

I feel you and then some, as I would have grabbed something like this without a second thought in past times, but not so much currently. I had no problem using this in portable mode only, but I can run the entire NG library on several devices, so why buy one more that is bigger than the rest, and offers no real benefits over my other options. It looks cool, and that's probably what would have drawn me in during my weaker times, but not anymore.

And of course with the covid-19 running wild, I'm trying to limit non-essential purchases, as to not tie up factory or delivery personal with shit I probably won't ever touch anyways. For sure a sweet deal, and even with the systems know short comings, you can't beat a price like that.

#25 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3344 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:59 PM

Thankfully my job has been secure through this pandemic (people need their utilities) and I have plenty of savings as I've been financially responsible for years.  So, it was an easy purchase.  Keep in mind I don't collect mini arcade machines so I don't have an issue with having too many... and this will have a nice home on my breakfast bar so anyone walking by can turn it on and play a game.

With covid-19 stuff going on, I think it goes both ways about non-essential purchases.  Yeah maybe it ties up a delivery person and the warehouse has to pack another box, but it's keeping warehouse workers and shipping  personnel employed.  Amazon has pushed non-essentials to ship less frequently anyway, so it's not keeping anyone from getting their essential items... so no need to feel any guilt over this.

#26 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:39 PM

Is it possible to use controllers other than the official pads? I've heard the new Neo Geo pads are lousy quality and lack clicky control sticks. Any other options/hacks etc?

#27 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:13 PM

And of course with the covid-19 running wild, I'm trying to limit non-essential purchases, as to not tie up factory or delivery personal with shit I probably won't ever touch anyways.

How do you know the reason they were being so heavily discounted wasn't to free up warehouse space they needed to store incoming shipments of essential items? In that case, your inaction is actually hurting the supply chain by failing to do your part to help unclog it.

Worry not though, I helped pick up your slack by buying two. Even though I too have the entire library on many devices, I felt the need to do my part to help keep the supply chaining moving to ensure critical items aren't rotting away on a loading dock somewhere, exposed to the elements because there's no where to put them.

#28 crewj   whoo! CAGiversary!   1332 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:16 PM

How do you know the reason they were being so heavily discounted wasn't to free up warehouse space they needed to store incoming shipments of essential items? In that case, your inaction is actually hurting the supply chain by failing to do your part to help unclog it.

Worry not though, I helped pick up your slack by buying two. Even though I too have the entire library on many devices, I felt the need to do my part to help keep the supply chaining moving to ensure critical items aren't rotting away on a loading dock somewhere, exposed to the elements because there's no where to put them.

I picked up 2 meself!

#29 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:47 PM

I picked up 2 meself!

Tip of the hat to you sir for helping to keep that supply chain moving! Purchase safe - purchase strong!

#30 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:12 PM

I want the US version I have the international one already