Sinking city ps4 and x1 $9.99 at GameStop

Sadly, this has been unavailable online since the CAG Twitter account posted about it yesterday.

I considered contacting Best Buy to see if they could price match. Has anyone had luck doing then when the product being matched is out of stock?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, this has been unavailable online since the CAG Twitter account posted about it yesterday.

I considered contacting Best Buy to see if they could price match. Has anyone had luck doing then when the product being matched is out of stock?
I price matched using their chat, since is still available in stores.

What's the big deal about this game, is it that good?
per IGN " while developer Frogwares’ delve into Cthulhu lore has incredible moments, the tedious elements of this pulpy 1920s tale can be the wrong kind of terrifying....

feature a private investigator with a history as a soldier who’s burdened with terrible visions and missing sleep....

As one might expect from a Lovecraftian game, combat, discovery, monsters, macabre and otherworldly imagery, and the visions that propelled Reed down this path in the first place gradually take a toll on both his health and sanity. This results in some disturbing psychological episodes, illusions, and psychosis.....

The characters you interact with, though, are interesting and well-acted, and I was pleasantly surprised by how unique and thematically appropriate each person is written and performed....

While the plot remained captivating, many of the mechanics of The Sinking City left something to be desired. Combat feels clunky and reminiscent of older Resident Evil or Silent Hill

I haven't read any reviews myself, but it's made by the same people who did all of the Sherlock Holmes games.

I tired chatting with Best Buy to price match, and was told they could not price match online because the item is only available in stores. The agent assured me I could go to a local store and have it price matched, but no local Best Buys have the game, either.

I like the idea of this game, but everything about it sounds like an absolute trudge to actually play. That being said $10 is tempting.....

...I tired chatting with Best Buy to price match, and was told they could not price match online because the item is only available in stores. The agent assured me I could go to a local store and have it price matched, but no local Best Buys have the game, either.
Same here. Guy kept telling me that I had to go in store to price match. Wouldn't even let me do an in store pickup. Called again and a nice girl at least let me hold a copy. Got one at GameStop but it was "new" so didn't pick it up, and they had no used.

They price matched it for me last night when it was in stock.

Last week when death mark limited edition was 15 at shittystop I got bestbuy to price match it even though it was oos online because if you checked my zip code on lamestops website it said a store near me had it in stock. I did it on the phone which I find I get better results. I just get a person the phone because the automated system tells you to go online and chat for a pm.

I got lucky both times I guess thankfully because I won't give asswipestop a penny of my money.

I just picked this up from GS. Now I find that Call of Cthulhu is one of the just announced Games With Gold. Are they extremely similar games? Is this a sequel? I played the Sherlock Holmes games and enjoyed them, but I felt they were all nearly identical.

Did the 4/$20 at Gamestop. 

[X1] Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 $9.99

[X1] Arslan: The Warriors Legend $9.99

[PS4] The Raven Remastered $9.99

[PS4] The Sinking City $8.99

The Sinking City was a conversion, so was super fresh. The Mega Man collection may have been as well, there were 2x super clean copies t my store. I struggled a bit to find 4 games I wanted, but I figured it was like 3 for $10 if I was just buying The Sunking City by itself. 

Tried price matching in store at Best Buy. They said they could only price match up to a certain amount difference. Since this is more than 80% off there current listing price they couldn’t do the price match. Maybe it says it in there fine print about pm. But that was the first time I heard of this.

Tried Best Buy online chat and was told the same thing to go in store and do the price match. SOL.

I was afraid this was gonna be another Call of Cthulhu.

I'm playing it and enjoying the hell out of the game, some of the controls are kinda squirrelly at first to get used to, but so far graphics are great the references are good even the subtle ones, and I'm enjoying the story.

Tried price matching in store at Best Buy. They said they could only price match up to a certain amount difference. Since this is more than 80% off there current listing price they couldn’t do the price match. Maybe it says it in there fine print about pm. But that was the first time I heard of this.

Tried Best Buy online chat and was told the same thing to go in store and do the price match. SOL.
Not true. Several others including me have gotten the price match. Are there any BestBuys near you? I wasn't able to price match for online order but I did call and they did an store pickup for me so I didn't have to deal with any problems at the store.

I was afraid this was gonna be another Call of Cthulhu.

I'm playing it and enjoying the hell out of the game, some of the controls are kinda squirrelly at first to get used to, but so far graphics are great the references are good even the subtle ones, and I'm enjoying the story.
If you've played Silent Hill 1 and 2, how similar is this to them?

The Gamestop App has a working preowned link to The Sinking City.  I know you won't get the 4/20 deal but at least you can order a preowned copy of it.

Hey guys, I can't access the store locator for either system. It says Not Available Online and won't let me even see which stores have it in stock. I haven't shopped at Gamestop in years. Is that a regular thing now? Disabling the stock checker?

I picked this up yesterday in the 4 for $20 along with trine 4, and indivisible (Xbox one) and bladestorm nightmare. Also got a sealed copy of metal wolf chaos for $5 after coupons. Gamestop still has some deals.

Hey guys, I can't access the store locator for either system. It says Not Available Online and won't let me even see which stores have it in stock. I haven't shopped at Gamestop in years. Is that a regular thing now? Disabling the stock checker?
Yeah. I've seen them do it with other sales. Not sure if it's just to get people physically into the stores or to prevent people from price matching at other stores, but it's annoying. You can always try calling your local store to see if they have copies. Personally, I just went to an out-of-the-way Gamestop and managed to get the last copy in all its gutted, stickered glory.

If you've played Silent Hill 1 and 2, how similar is this to them?
It isn't similar at all. There are significantly less enemies and you are safe as you roam around the city.

You essentially travel from one crime scene to another, fight a few monsters and search for clues. Sometimes you need to visit one of the information hubs (police station, hospital, newspaper) to research clues as well.

The atmosphere is good and the story seems to be strong enough one third of the way in, but I have only seen 3 or 4 types of enemies so far and the game flow, as I have seen a lot of reviewers note, stays very similar through each case.

Also, the city streets are very uninteresting. The same four or five character models shuffle around doing the same sorts of things over and over. Most buildings are inaccessible and there really just isn't a whole lot going on for what is apparently considered an "open world" game.

Oh, and the motorboat controls are unpleasant. Unfortunately you need to use it quite a bit.

The detectiv-ing parts are still the best aspect even if they are pretty straightforward, as well as the creepy ambience (especially for a Lovecraft fan).

Definitely worth 9 or 10 dollars for an amalgamation of ps1-era survival horror and LA Noirey (etc) detective work.

Agree, same question with you
o.png

The big deal is mainly the price - everyone else seems to charge $50 or so for it.  Also, it seems to be a decent adventure game.

bread's done
Back