- - - - -

BB DOTD 4.99 Shaq Fu or SteamWorld Dig 2

#1 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3337 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:16 AM

Bestbuy had Shaq Fu or SteamWorld Dig 2 for 4.99 on Deal of the Day

https://www.bestbuy....ect-video-games

#2 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4429 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:42 AM

Thanks OP picked up Steamworld 2.

#3 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

Thanks! Picked up both, because why the Shaq-Fu not?

#4 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3463 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:32 PM

Don't you mean why the Fuck not?

#5 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4551 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:25 PM

The publisher's site for Shaq Fu has it on clearance too. There's some merch from their store though shipping comes from the UK, so it costs more than some of the items on sale.

#6 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13026 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:10 PM

Steamworld Dig 2 is definitely worth it.

Shaq Fu - I have actually heard it is quite fun, but haven't played it myself yet.

#7 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   572 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:18 PM

Shaq-Fu is worth the $5 IMO. It's a decent brawler, but not on the level of Scott Pilgrim or River City Girls. I grabbed a copy when it was $9 at Target.

But Trophy hunters be aware that Shaq-Fu does not have a Platinum trophy... Or any Gold... Or any silver. I would love to know the rationale behind that decision.

#8 RiPPn  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

Steamworld Dig 2 at that price is a steal.  

#9 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3514 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

Fuck  for Xbox One is now mine with GCU it was $4.24. Thanks!

#10 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 02:41 AM

Shaq-Fu is worth the $5 IMO. It's a decent brawler, but not on the level of Scott Pilgrim or River City Girls. I grabbed a copy when it was $9 at Target.

But Trophy hunters be aware that Shaq-Fu does not have a Platinum trophy... Or any Gold... Or any silver. I would love to know the rationale behind that decision.

Hopefully Sony will require every game to have a Platinum trophy someday like Microsoft requires every game to have 1000G. It could only help sales. 

#11 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3463 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 31 January 2020 - 02:55 AM

The vast majority of players don't care about trophies, or at least not to the point where it's a factor on whether or not they buy/play a game.

It's minimal work to add a platinum, sure. But it's not a priority at all for them.

#12 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4551 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 02:57 AM

The vast majority of players don't care about trophies, or at least not to the point where it's a factor on whether or not they buy/play a game.

It's minimal work to add a platinum, sure. But it's not a priority at all for them.

Funny enough I didn’t buy Shaw Fu today partially because it doesn’t have a platinum trophy. I figured I’d get around to it one day if it did since it’s so short. I’m not a trophy hunter though they do appeal to me as well. 

#13 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4314 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:26 AM

$8 for both games with GCU...yeah no brainer there. Wasn't really dying to play either game like right now, but I'll definitely spend an afternoon with Steamworld Dig 2 and Shaq Fu looks fun in short bursts.

#14 Yata no Kagami  

Yata no Kagami

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:21 AM

Stopped by on the way back from work for SteamWorld 2. The website said they had only one left. Right where it was supposed to be. I didn't see Fuck but I wasn't even interested enough to check the stock on the site.

#15 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:17 AM

That's true but there are probably enough players that do care about whether or not a game has a Platinum to make it worth adding. I mean there are 21 trophies in the base game of Shaq-Fu. Rework those from all bronzes to golds, silvers and a Plat and you've got yourself at least a handful more sales for minimal effort. 

#16 Yata no Kagami  

Yata no Kagami

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:46 AM

That's true but there are probably enough players that do care about whether or not a game has a Platinum to make it worth adding. I mean there are 21 trophies in the base game of Shaq-Fu. Rework those from all bronzes to golds, silvers and a Plat and you've got yourself at least a handful more sales for minimal effort. 

Or they could do away with trophies entirely like I'd like. Trash system.

#17 snipermike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

snipermike

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for posting this, I needed a cheap new Xbox one game case.