* * * - - 2 votes

gamestop buy 2 get 2 free xb360,ps3,wii,wiiu,3ds,ds,vita pre-owned games

#1 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:41 PM

2/23-2/29

https://gamestop.a.b...ic/OLFSI_022320

also the 4 games for $10 on $4.99 and under and the 4 games for $20 on $9.99 and under sale is still going

#2 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:03 PM

Capitalization and proper punctuation are your friends you know.

#3 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8008 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:57 PM

Capitalization and proper punctuation are your friends you know.

And the term "pre-owned."

#4 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14997 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:04 PM

idontknowwhatyoumeanidontseeanythingwrongwiththetitle

Thanks btw, hopefully they don't screw up like they always do.

#5 bigsgg   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:49 PM

I wonder if this is a *store only* thing or online as well?

#6 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3048 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:10 PM

It's in the weekly ad so it's probably online too.

#7 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:06 AM

Thanks, just grabbed a bunch of PS3 games that I never got around to playing, and probably still won’t.

CAG16 applies to this, finally.

#8 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1198 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:06 PM

They JUST disabled CAG16. I had a cart ready and couldn't figure out which WiiU titles I wanted and was almost set to go. Ugh!!

#9 ritchardf  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:13 PM

They JUST disabled CAG16. I had a cart ready and couldn't figure out which WiiU titles I wanted and was almost set to go. Ugh!!

2nd this, i was looking through the ps3 selection, went to cart and got this

Your shopping cart contains a coupon that is invalid at this time. Please remove the coupon before proceeding to checkout

#10 EvilSena  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:18 PM

CAG16 still work. I just tried but SAVER didn't. Did they get rid of that promo?

Edit: I see they disabled CAG16, I made my purchase 30 mins ago.

#11 simone01  

simone01

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:46 PM

Like this, thanks for sharingo.png

#12 iamDTS   RockmanExe CAG in Training   6 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:49 PM

I ended up getting Muv Luv, Muv Luv Alternative, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc for $40.
All for Vita  O:)

#13 EvilSena  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

I ended up getting Muv Luv, Muv Luv Alternative, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc for $40.
All for Vita  O:)

LUCKY! Muv Luv just ran out when I tried to purchase it. Had to replace that with Shantae Half hero genie.

#14 iamDTS   RockmanExe CAG in Training   6 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

LUCKY! Muv Luv just ran out when I tried to purchase it. Had to replace that with Shantae Half hero genie.

I'm crossing my fingers these games come in cases.

#15 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4130 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:13 PM

Don't get your hopes up.

#16 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:40 PM

Exactly. Assume cart only. Same goes for 3DS games.

#17 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:07 PM

As much as I like trading in games that are disk only every once in a while, I really wish GameStop required the case. More people would likely buy used, especially from their website if they did this. Aside from actual retro 80s and 90s games of course, or at least have two listings, one for complete and one for disk only items.

#18 EvilSena  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:11 PM

I can't say for the rest but I'm pretty sure you might have a hugh chance for both Muv Luv games since they were converted from new to pre-owned and same for me too. :)

#19 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2103 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:21 PM

As much as I like trading in games that are disk only every once in a while, I really wish GameStop required the case. More people would likely buy used, and from their website if they did this.

Yeah I would buy more used games via their website if it comes complete like Gamefly do. I think it has to do with inventory space. I recalled a conversation between GS employees in-store where they have a guy who comes in weekly into their store and ask for last gen cases/manual (customers recently traded-in) which he sells them on eBay. They usually throw them away in the dumpster weekly so they'd rather give them away.

#20 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1651 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:22 PM

I feel like I got lucky. I purchased both Muv Luvs and Punchline 3 weeks ago, and all 3 came complete.

#21 mink03   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:12 PM

Of course they bring this back 4 for 10 after I use by $5 rewards for the month of Division 2. I would have just bought used and bundled it with 3 other games

#22 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:26 PM

Of course they bring this back 4 for 10 after I use by $5 rewards for the month of Division 2. I would have just bought used and bundled it with 3 other games

4 for 10 never left, I did this the week Division 2 dropped to $5 (used was $4.49)

#23 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:55 PM

Yeah I would buy more used games via their website if it comes complete like Gamefly do. I think it has to do with inventory space. I recalled a conversation between GS employees in-store where they have a guy who comes in weekly into their store and ask for last gen cases/manual (customers recently traded-in) which he sells them on eBay. They usually throw them away in the dumpster weekly so they'd rather give them away.

That doesn't seem right. Instead of trying to make sure it goes into the hands of actual paying customers, or throwing it away so no one gets them they let a random guy have them for free so he can turn around and sell them for a personal profit seems like a shitty thing to do. 

If nothing else they could price the empty boxes and stack them on the shelf then put the games in them as they sell them. Or just throw them out so no one takes advantage and it's fair to everyone.

#24 iPaul312  

iPaul312

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:55 PM

Anyone find any good trade in opps?

#25 intent   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:23 AM

That doesn't seem right. Instead of trying to make sure it goes into the hands of actual paying customers, or throwing it away so no one gets them they let a random guy have them for free so he can turn around and sell them for a personal profit seems like a shitty thing to do.

If nothing else they could price the empty boxes and stack them on the shelf then put the games in them as they sell them. Or just throw them out so no one takes advantage and it's fair to everyone.

Sounds like corporate had the best policy for fairness: just chuck everything so nobody complains about inconsistent missing boxes/manuals. Then the local store isn’t following policy, causing you to feel disadvantaged.

#26 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:23 AM

I was in a store that put their DS/3DS games in the cart only cases as usual, but they actually kept the artwork/instructions in one of their drawers (when applicable).

Assuming they had the drawer space available, it did circumvent the "there isn't enough room on the floor" argument.  And then it was a welcome surprise when they started pulling cases out that I didn't expect.

#27 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:51 AM

The first option isn't going to happen because of space issues. Gamestop has chosen to get rid of these to clear it up. We can disagree with that choice, but it is their choice ultimately.

As for the second, hoping to see good cases and manuals destroyed, creating further scarcity in the future, for some sort of arbitrary fairness is stupid. I've been given cases before by Gamestops too, happens all the time. I don't sell them mind you, but who ultimately cares? It's a good thing that these are back out there and not just being destroyed. The guy selling them is likely making peanuts considering what these go for on their own anyway.

#28 EvilSena  

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:16 PM

Two of my 4 ps vita games arrive with their box and artwork. Assuming that they didn't come with a manual, then both game are CIB condition which I'm happy with that. :) Two more to go.

#29 now1   Banned Banned   200 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:29 AM

Does the 2 for 2 work for the $5 reward each month?

#30 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:06 PM

Does the 2 for 2 work for the $5 reward each month?

It did not want to with the the 4/$20 but I'd be curious about this sale as it could apply to a single item (as the coupon is intended).