* * * - - 2 votes

gamestop buy 2 get 2 free xb360,ps3,wii,wiiu,3ds,ds,vita pre-owned games

#31 username123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

username123

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:26 AM

Buy 2 get 2 is good. That means I only pay for the games that actually work.

#32 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:01 AM

A recently Vita & 3DS owner so I bought 5x Vita & 3x 3DS games for $96.XX after CAG16 and only 1 out of 8 came with original case. eh whatever. Still a good deal though. I didn't want to pay eBay prices for each. 

IMG-0375.jpg

#33 Madzane  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:11 AM

I managed to snag 4 games from the local store, honestly it doesn’t look like the store recovered from the last sale of this kind.

#34 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1422 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:28 AM

A recently Vita & 3DS owner so I bought 5x Vita & 3x 3DS games for $96.XX after CAG16 and only 1 out of 8 came with original case. eh whatever. Still a good deal though. I didn't want to pay eBay prices for each. 

Just got another package with Vita games today, ended up getting CIB Gravity Rush & Disgaea 3. Persona Dance all night came in a generic case. Still waiting on a few more to arrive. I wanted to get P4G but not at the $30 price tag, I couldn't find any other titles at that range to pair with anyway.

#35 Richter  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:47 AM

1 of the 4 games in my order has signs of water damage all over it and a case "fixed" with electrical tape :|

Possible to do an exchange in store?

#36 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:55 AM

Got my 4 PS3 games and two had original cases. I figured none would, so I’ll count this a win.

$30 for:

inFAMOUS Collection

Prince Of Persia Classic Trilogy HD

Killzone Trilogy

God of War Saga (surprisingly the code for the 2 DL games worked)

#37 iamDTS   RockmanExe CAG in Training   6 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:05 PM

I feel like I got lucky. I purchased both Muv Luvs and Punchline 3 weeks ago, and all 3 came complete.

My copy of Danganronpa was missing a case, Ys:MoC and Muv-Luv had cases..... But they sent me 2 copies of Muv-Luv instead of 1 being Alternative.

#38 EvilSena  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:19 PM

My copy of Danganronpa was missing a case, Ys:MoC and Muv-Luv had cases..... But they sent me 2 copies of Muv-Luv instead of 1 being Alternative.

Damn, that sucks dude. My other two ps vita games including muv luv alt didn't had a case, it came inside those plastic case display.

#39 teharistocrat   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

teharistocrat

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:56 PM

Just a PSA for backloggers that just plan on tossing these in a stack or flipping them, make sure to check and see if your games start up.  I've ended up with 3 dud Wii U games that won't launch.  Other games (including my 4th in the deal) will work fine.  I'll need to exchange or return these.  

#40 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   978 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:37 PM

I avoid disc games from GS because although this is their core business, they can’t be bothered to test the product they shovel off to us.

#41 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:03 PM

Ended buying all true entire call of duty Xbox 360 library. I forgot how intense No Russian chapter was.....

#42 AFeils  

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:28 PM

Just a PSA for backloggers that just plan on tossing these in a stack or flipping them, make sure to check and see if your games start up.  I've ended up with 3 dud Wii U games that won't launch.  Other games (including my 4th in the deal) will work fine.  I'll need to exchange or return these.  

I know I heard about Wii U games being notorious for this. Is it a works or it doesn't kind of situation. I don't need to sink significant time into each game just to verify it works, Correct?

#43 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:15 PM

Heh, I ordered Dang Grampa, Ys, Muramasa, and Uncharted. None had cases. But they did actually send them all which I guess is a win when it comes Gamestop these days. 

#44 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:44 PM

Wow surprised by that. I have some spotless Wii u games that I haven't tried yet but will now, thanks. And yeah I would at the very least check rare games, I do backlog a lot of games so I don't test them all, but as long as you don't abuse it (purposely buy bad/broken games for cheap), if you discover GameStop sold you a bad game after the 7 days return period, just buy another one from them and return the bad one with that receipt. At the very least though I usually check cartridges and discs to see how clean they are.

#45 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:50 PM

I avoid disc games from GS because although this is their core business, they can’t be bothered to test the product they shovel off to us.

They should test every game, but their store is not set up for it (their fault). Due to their fraud preventions it takes about a minute to sell each game, whereas anywhere else it just takes a barcade scan and two seconds. Imagine being third in line and the guy in front of you is trading in ten games and the girl in front of you is buying 5. It will be 20 minutes before you are helped, which is ridiculous. You can't just add more employees though cause there is tons of downtime, and you're not going to pay someone to twiddle their thumbs for 6 hours.

#46 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5552 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:50 PM

Alright, weekly ad shows that this sale is continuing into next week.

#47 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:03 PM

Just a PSA for backloggers that just plan on tossing these in a stack or flipping them, make sure to check and see if your games start up. I've ended up with 3 dud Wii U games that won't launch. Other games (including my 4th in the deal) will work fine. I'll need to exchange or return these.

So unfortunately true.

I picked up about 8-12 WiiU games in the last month and one of them appeared to be an immaculate game, but a tiny scratch right near the inside ring rendered it useless. I really don't want to hack my WiiU, but I am constantly torn because you don't know if there's a read error later in the disc until you try to read the whole thing.

Anyway, you're much better off with GameStop than private party sales on WiiU discs because you have 7 days to exchange it with GameStop vs zero recourse on a private party sale.

#48 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7951 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:14 PM

So unfortunately true.

I picked up about 8-12 WiiU games in the last month and one of them appeared to be an immaculate game, but a tiny scratch right near the inside ring rendered it useless. I really don't want to hack my WiiU, but I am constantly torn because you don't know if there's a read error later in the disc until you try to read the whole thing.

Anyway, you're much better off with GameStop than private party sales on WiiU discs because you have 7 days to exchange it with GameStop vs zero recourse on a private party sale.

Wii U is a system where you might actually be better off going digital.  Which reminds me that I still need to test the copy of Lego City Undercover that I bought from GameStop.

#49 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:07 PM

Alright, weekly ad shows that this sale is continuing into next week.

In store signage says that it runs through 3/7.

#50 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14974 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:56 PM

Wii U is a system where you might actually be better off going digital.  Which reminds me that I still need to test the copy of Lego City Undercover that I bought from GameStop.

When I was "going digital" I received maybe 8 games that had read issues, and Lego City Undercover was one of them. Everything I've received from Nintendo's servers obviously worked, so I stand by the digital only Wii U games 100%.

#51 Richter  

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:10 AM

One of my games ended up having a scratch on the disc art and ended up being unreadable. Cannot do an exchange in the store as it's not available locally. How would I go about getting a replacement sent out? All i'm seeing on the site is a generic Contact Us form.

#52 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:28 AM

Also, not mentioned in the title is B1G1 on all shirts, new or clearance.

My store(s)  [4 of 'em] had a mix of Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Marvel, all for $7.99 / ea.  2 for $8 basically.  Shop around for styles and sizes .. YMMV.

Worth mentioning, Guys shirts like mine wear out fast.  Cheap replacements are a ++.  I'm happy with $4 1st party quality shirts.

I bought duplicates as well .. because .. why not at $4?

#53 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7951 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:43 AM

When I was "going digital" I received maybe 8 games that had read issues, and Lego City Undercover was one of them. Everything I've received from Nintendo's servers obviously worked, so I stand by the digital only Wii U games 100%.

Yeah, the problem that I have with the Wii U is that the tablet controller and the system have to be on at the same time.  If I could just start the damn thing with the Pro Controller like I do with every other system that I own, I would be good.  Either I can't find where I put the tablet controller charger half the time or the touch screen isn't functioning properly.  Those issues aren't related to the disc issues though.

#54 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5596 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 01 March 2020 - 05:48 AM

I know I heard about Wii U games being notorious for this. Is it a works or it doesn't kind of situation. I don't need to sink significant time into each game just to verify it works, Correct?

Some wiiu discs just don't work period due to printing errors.  Wind waker was a big one that had that issue where a good portion of them didn't work out of the box.  There was one or two other wiiu games that had that issue but I can't recall them off the top of my head.  no idea on vita carts but persona q the majority don't work from what I understand so that one you should test right away.  Only brightside is atlus has a send in thing and they give you the digital version instead. 

#55 Richter  

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:30 PM

I like how my online order still says "in Progress" yet they been shipped, received, and currently sitting on my shelf.  Requested a replacement disc via a phone call.  Still waiting on that email.  How much time should I wait before calling again or is it a lost cause?

#56 shadow007   映画 | | Vivre Sa Vie | | 映画 CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

shadow007

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:19 PM

Now I do believe that Gamestop might shut down this year. Slim pickings with even slimer choices of games with original cover art. Prices are not that good either, could have sworn that I saw different prices for the same game in different stores.

Had two problems with purchases. Got RE: Revelations on 3DS & New Super Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U. Dummies only had the sole disc for Super Luigi U and did not know why they had a case for the dual game but not the disc. Later they managed to confuse my Revelations game for Mercenaries 3DS, which I did not notice til I was home and opened the case. Almost had drive across town to exchange for the correct cartridge but the store employee was super cool and saved me the trip

#57 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7951 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:34 PM

Lego City Undercover worked just fine.  The game's loading times are a lot longer than I'm used to, though.  And even though my tablet controller is working for the most part after I recalibrated it, there are sections that don't register when I touch on them with my finger or the stylus.

#58 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2950 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:34 PM

Now I do believe that Gamestop might shut down this year. Slim pickings with even slimer choices of games with original cover art. Prices are not that good either, could have sworn that I saw different prices for the same game in different stores.

Had two problems with purchases. Got RE: Revelations on 3DS & New Super Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U. Dummies only had the sole disc for Super Luigi U and did not know why they had a case for the dual game but not the disc. Later they managed to confuse my Revelations game for Mercenaries 3DS, which I did not notice til I was home and opened the case. Almost had drive across town to exchange for the correct cartridge but the store employee was super cool and saved me the trip

I mean, they're getting rid of ps3, xb360, and other last gen games so using that inventory as a measuring stick of GS' viability makes no sense. That said, GS' future certainly remains cloudy.

#59 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 03 March 2020 - 03:32 AM

Did he or she drive to your house???

#60 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2020 - 04:42 AM

Now I do believe that Gamestop might shut down this year. Slim pickings with even slimer choices of games with original cover art. 

I really hate to be the "Leave GameStop alone" guy, but this is the 2nd B2G2 free sale they've had in 2 months, 3DS is a dead system, and most 3DS games aren't traded in with the case to begin with