Collection of Mana (Switch) - $14.99 @ Best Buy

Didn't enjoy any of these 3 games. Was a big disappointment for me. Ended up trading it to Gamestop and I think I broke even when I did.

An alright collection for sure, though I feel at least Secret of Mana and Trials of Mana aged just alright. I stopped playing my Trials of Mana game after about maybe 8 hours because I don't know it just felt slow and the story wasn't too great. Bugs and a few other things also made some stats worthless and some characters more annoying to play as. They play well though, which I'd hope for.

Finally. My store was overloaded with copies of this that weren't selling at all until today.

Snagged from their eBay page... Oh man, Seiken Densetsu 3/Trials of Mana brings back the feels. I cannot wait for the remake to come out in a couple months.

Awesome deal, though remember when Square Enix was touting this as a limited physical edition?
Snatched this up at about $25, thinking that would be as good as it would get before selling out. I was already grumpy when the price hit $20. Now I’m really grumpy that it’s $15 (actually $12 because I still have gcu)

PS4 version isn't even out yet and should launch at this price. Of course Square-Enix in their greed will MSRP it at a ridiculous price.
I think you're confusing the new remake of Trials of Mana with the collection of snes games called "Collection of Mana." The 3rd game, SDIII, was localized for the first time in this collection. It is being released as a 3d remake later this year.

I hope it turns out great but my gut feeling is that the remake will be turrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to self: never believe Square Enix about limited physical copies again.

I think you're confusing the new remake of Trials of Mana with the collection of snes games called "Collection of Mana." The 3rd game, SDIII, was localized for the first time in this collection. It is being released as a 3d remake later this year.

I hope it turns out great but my gut feeling is that the remake will be turrible.
They have some pretty sketchy remakes (for their less popular titles anyway). At least it looks better (visually) than the Secret of Mana remake this time, though.

Last edited:
Note to self: never believe Square Enix about limited physical copies again.
I know those feels. Early on in my Switch ownership I thought, "Lost Sphear... that'll probably be an alright game and DEFINITELY a rare physical copy to show off in the collection."

I am not a smart man.

Snatched this up at about $25, thinking that would be as good as it would get before selling out. I was already grumpy when the price hit $20. Now I’m really grumpy that it’s $15 (actually $12 because I still have gcu)
I totally get what you are saying. I bought it at launch for $31.99 (with GCU - falling for the "limited" bullshit) but I ended up buying another copy at $11.99 with this sale as it may make a good gift down the road.

bread's done
Back