Analogue NT Mini final run preorder

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
Analogue now has the 'final run' of the NT Mini up for preorder...for $499...

https://www.analogue.co/editions/nt-mini-noir/

this is not for everybody as it really is a LOT of money, but I thought for those that do want it, this will most likely be your last shot.

fyi these shot up to as much as 2k on ebay after the last run, so just saying, if you want it....get it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
As cool as this is, what happens if your unit ever fails? It seems like since it's a limited run, if it fails, you're SOL. 

As cool as this is, what happens if your unit ever fails? It seems like since it's a limited run, if it fails, you're SOL.
That could be said about anything as an owner of multiple analogue products they are top quality and preform very very well. Plus the jailbreaks are really fun..... :D

Too bad no Paypal. Oh well bought 3.  Shipping was $47.

Analogue now has the 'final run' of the NT Mini up for preorder...for $499...

https://www.analogue.co/editions/nt-mini-noir/

this is not for everybody as it really is a LOT of money, but I thought for those that do want it, this will most likely be your last shot.

fyi these shot up to as much as 2k on ebay after the last run, so just saying, if you want it....get it now.
This is NOT alot of money, for what people some on unopened CEs, systems and other shit on these forums along with yearly phones, its a drop in the bucket. Well worth every penny.

Be warned,

I ordered an nt mini with credit card and got charged a foreign transaction fee from my bank.

I looked it up and other forums state their orders go to Hong Kong and so while charged in USD, they are converted to Hong Kong currency on the other side.

No mention of this anywhere. Super shady IMO.

This is NOT alot of money, for what people some on unopened CEs, systems and other shit on these forums along with yearly phones, its a drop in the bucket. Well worth every penny.
half a grand sure as fuck a lot of money to people you dipshit

A little update on this one.

Analogue had a kind of "stealth" additional pre-order for their "Noir" limited edition NT Mini run. It went live yesterday morning. They are already sold out.

After years of sitting on the side lines for the NT, and then the NT mini as well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one. Jumped in as soon as this (possibly) last pre-order went live. I didn't bother posting about it here, mainly because I didn't want any additional competition on ordering this thing.

Along with this final pre-order, Analogue posted additional details about this "Noir" limited edition. It is basically going to be the best version of the NT line that they have ever released. It will be running off of the same FPGA that is in their more powerful Super NT and Mega SG units. It will be fully compatible with the DAC they released, and even able to run the DAC simultaneously with the built-in analog out, for two output signals at the same time. It is essentially the best version of the NT mini, with everything smoothed out and corrected from earlier versions. Just couldn't pass it up.

On a note that DOES provide actual current opportunity, the Mega SG cartridge adapters have finally come back up on the Analogue store. It seems some technical issues were encountered with these, and they had been removed from sale for some time as a result. Anyone interested in playing Master System cards or Game Gear titles on their TV through the Mega SG now has that option again.

Richard you won't regret it they are awesome systems. I have one from the original run and I order the new one the first time it went live. 

Still waiting on the Super NT restock - theyve been OOS for like 6 months or so.

But on a positive note I did grab an Analogue Pocket.

But on a positive note I did grab an Analogue Pocket.
You lucky devil. Those things sold out in minutes. Part of the reason why I felt okay about getting an NT Noir is because I missed out on the Pocket, and will have $300 extra dollars to spend for the next year or so. I'm freaking salivating over the Pocket, but I will have to wait until it is more easily available. Could take a while. If the demand is anything to go by, they will be enthusiastically producing the Pocket for years to come, so I just have to be patient.

If the NT Mini is so popular, seems baffling that they'd cut it off production completely.
Not really a lot of the cost for the NT Mini comes from the machined aluminum shell. I do think they will make a cheaper plastic only version in the future. That being said they are a smaller company so they have to be careful with stock.

arsenalcrazy8 congrats on getting a pocket I was able get an order in as well.

I do think they will make a cheaper plastic only version in the future.
Yes, there are a lot of people who are expecting this announcement at some point. The fact that they are changing up the hardware in the Noir version to be closer to their Super NT and Mega SG models just reinforces this idea.

The NT mini is popular with collectors, but it is still very much a hardcore, enthusiast-focused device. It's price is reasonable for such a premium product, but it is not appealing to a broader audience, and out of the acceptable price range for general consumers. A solid aluminum shell is just expensive to produce, no doubt about it, and the extra video ports and cartridge slots also add to the production costs.

The Super NT and Mega SG are production-line level. They are great systems, but they are designed to be much cheaper to produce in large quantities, which also allows them to be sold for a profit at a much lower price. That's why they cost less than half what is charged for the NT mini. Gamers who wouldn't dream of dropping $500 on an NT mini might consider the $190 for the Super NT.

After the NT mini goes out of production for good, they will likely release a NES-focused 8-bit console in the same price range as the Super NT and Mega SG. It will likely have the same basic features as those systems, but meant to run NES games. It will likely have a cartridge adapter for Famicom support, like the Mega SG came with, instead of having two cartridge slots. It will ditch the built-in analog output for just an HDMI port.

Part of what makes the current NT mini so appealing for collectors is just how broad its support is, for a platform that was pretty wild in its day. The NT mini supports the Famicom Disk System. It comes with a built-in microphone port so that it can offer compatibility with the Famicom's hard-wired controller microphone. It's analog output allows for light-gun games out of the box. It's the total package for 8-bit gaming. The audience for it might be a bit more specialized, but it is definitely there.

You lucky devil. Those things sold out in minutes. Part of the reason why I felt okay about getting an NT Noir is because I missed out on the Pocket, and will have $300 extra dollars to spend for the next year or so. I'm freaking salivating over the Pocket, but I will have to wait until it is more easily available. Could take a while. If the demand is anything to go by, they will be enthusiastically producing the Pocket for years to come, so I just have to be patient.
Plus after you sell your NT Mini Noir on ebay for at least double what you paid, you will have all sorts of options.

I don't think I've read about anyone who put together a Mister setup and didn't like it. If I weren't so into handhelds I probably go for a Mister over any of Analogue's other systems. I managed to snag a Pocket preorder though, so I'm set! Reeeally hoping some of those cores find their way over to the Pocket.

Plus after you sell your NT Mini Noir on ebay for at least double what you paid
Tempting, but no. I'm no flipper, I'm a collector. The Noir is for my personal use. I've got stacks of original NES cartridges to go with it, as well as a CRT and a handful of Famicom titles. And I never jumped in on the earlier NTs, so this will be the only one I get.

Reeeally hoping some of those cores find their way over to the Pocket.
Analogue is building the Pocket with an extra FPGA chip built-in, specifically to make it accessible to FPGA developers to tinker with. So yeah, there is eventually going to be a pretty broad library of cores made for it. Just gotta give the hobbyist community time to play around with it.

I don't think I've read about anyone who put together a Mister setup and didn't like it. If I weren't so into handhelds I probably go for a Mister over any of Analogue's other systems. I managed to snag a Pocket preorder though, so I'm set! Reeeally hoping some of those cores find their way over to the Pocket.
Considering the second FPGA on the Pocket (which will likely be the one for developers to use) only has 15K LEs and the one Mister runs on has 115K, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The primary has 49K so if you can somehow use both, that would up the ante a bit. And granted cores don't have to use all LEs, but my first gut feeling is not to expect to see Neo Geo ported over...

Considering the second FPGA on the Pocket (which will likely be the one for developers to use) only has 15K LEs and the one Mister runs on has 115K, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The primary has 49K so if you can somehow use both, that would up the ante a bit. And granted cores don't have to use all LEs, but my first gut feeling is not to expect to see Neo Geo ported over...
Wow, I knew they were different but I didn't realize how big the gap was. Luckily for me the 8- and 16-bit systems are more what I'm hoping for, along with whatever other fun stuff people come up with. People who use their time to make fun stuff for the rest of us for free are cool people.

Wow, I knew they were different but I didn't realize how big the gap was. Luckily for me the 8- and 16-bit systems are more what I'm hoping for, along with whatever other fun stuff people come up with. People who use their time to make fun stuff for the rest of us for free are cool people.
Yeah but at 15K, I'm wondering if snes will even be possible. If tg16 alone makes it, I'd be happy. If it's just going to mean Flappy Birds quality stuff, I would not.

Got my Analogue NT Mini Noir in today. I haven't gotten a chance to put it through its paces yet. But the exterior of this thing is extremely slick. I've got a container full of NES carts that I'm going to try out on it.

I have a black NT Mini and the New Noir. Both are great glad i got the updated version. It seems the ****break was released. as well. 

Just as an update, 3 of the 4 variants of the mega sg have now sold out on analogue. If the super nt is anything to go by, there may not be restocks for a longggg time. I would say get one now if you want it. The Japanese variant is the only one left in stock.

Just as an update, 3 of the 4 variants of the mega sg have now sold out on analogue. If the super nt is anything to go by, there may not be restocks for a longggg time. I would say get one now if you want it. The Japanese variant is the only one left in stock.
I resold some super nt ghostly systems for $800+ this summer, they said they had more SNT in flight but they are terrible about updating people on what's going on with production. I have the mega sg and really like it for personal

Why not just get the Retron 5?
You could, and if you're not worried about getting the absolute best picture and lowest input lag and all the rest of it, you really *should* get a Retron and save yourself a boatload of money. Analogue's stuff is more for the people who get freaky about all that.

Alternatively, if you're not married to the idea of using old cartridges, you could also get a Mister and have access to way more consoles while also saving a boatload of money.

You could, and if you're not worried about getting the absolute best picture and lowest input lag and all the rest of it, you really *should* get a Retron and save yourself a boatload of money. Analogue's stuff is more for the people who get freaky about all that.

Alternatively, if you're not married to the idea of using old cartridges, you could also get a Mister and have access to way more consoles while also saving a boatload of money.
Mister, Retron, and the Analogue products all target different audiences IMO. There’s no right or wrong answer for what it’s worth; It’s whatever you see fit to own.

Retron 5 = Honda Civic, the Analogue systems = Lamborghini.

They both will get you where you want to go, but one is for the average joe while the other is for those that care in getting all the best thrills/features there is to offer.

Funny story, I actually have both. The Retron 5 isn't bad. But it's also not great. The various Analogue products I've collected are the no-compromise high-performance alternatives.

And there are certain advantages the Analogue products have that the Retron 5 lacks. Retron 5 can't play Sega CD games, and isn't compatible with the original Sega CD hardware. Analogue's Mega SG can do that. Retron 5 can work with Master System games, but requires the original Power Base Convertor to allow for that support. The Mega SG comes with a cartridge adapter bundled, and got additional cartridge adapters later that included additional system support. And of course Analogue's continued software support has been consistent and provided fantastic compatibility, while Hyperkin's has been much more questionable.

If you need a quick, affordable means of accessing some old carts, the Retron 5 is able to provide that. If you are a long-term collector with a sizable amount of classic plastic, the Analogue systems provide much, much more.

Japanese variant showing OOS now. Guess I should have bought one last year!

Stuck in checkout queue for 19 minutes now on just the NT Mini Noir. Whoever is in line in front of me, please close your browser. Thanks!

I checked out quick for the mini noir, I had a three second que.

I had read on Reddit that there was a shipment of 6000, I don’t know of how many of each but they should ship out soon since they have them in hand.

bread's done
Back