- - - - -

Analogue NT Mini final run preorder

#31 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:02 AM

I have a black NT Mini and the New Noir. Both are great glad i got the updated version. It seems the ****break was released. as well. 

#32 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2381 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 29 December 2020 - 11:02 PM

Just as an update, 3 of the 4 variants of the mega sg have now sold out on analogue. If the super nt is anything to go by, there may not be restocks for a longggg time. I would say get one now if you want it. The Japanese variant is the only one left in stock.

#33 Jurai  

Posted 30 December 2020 - 12:12 AM

Just as an update, 3 of the 4 variants of the mega sg have now sold out on analogue. If the super nt is anything to go by, there may not be restocks for a longggg time. I would say get one now if you want it. The Japanese variant is the only one left in stock.

I resold some super nt ghostly systems for $800+ this summer, they said they had more SNT in flight but they are terrible about updating people on what's going on with production. I have the mega sg and really like it for personal

#34 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 30 December 2020 - 12:40 AM

Why not just get the Retron 5?

#35 Jurai  

Posted 30 December 2020 - 01:07 AM

Because retrons are garbage by comparison

#36 Equippt  

Posted 30 December 2020 - 02:08 AM

You could, and if you're not worried about getting the absolute best picture and lowest input lag and all the rest of it, you really *should* get a Retron and save yourself a boatload of money. Analogue's stuff is more for the people who get freaky about all that.

Alternatively, if you're not married to the idea of using old cartridges, you could also get a Mister and have access to way more consoles while also saving a boatload of money.

#37 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2381 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 30 December 2020 - 02:17 AM

You could, and if you're not worried about getting the absolute best picture and lowest input lag and all the rest of it, you really *should* get a Retron and save yourself a boatload of money. Analogue's stuff is more for the people who get freaky about all that.

Alternatively, if you're not married to the idea of using old cartridges, you could also get a Mister and have access to way more consoles while also saving a boatload of money.

Mister, Retron, and the Analogue products all target different audiences IMO. There’s no right or wrong answer for what it’s worth; It’s whatever you see fit to own.

#38 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 30 December 2020 - 04:51 AM

I really want that SNES NT to come back in stock.

#39 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4376 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 30 December 2020 - 11:10 PM

Retron 5 = Honda Civic, the Analogue systems = Lamborghini.

They both will get you where you want to go, but one is for the average joe while the other is for those that care in getting all the best thrills/features there is to offer.

#40 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2896 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:32 AM

Funny story, I actually have both. The Retron 5 isn't bad. But it's also not great. The various Analogue products I've collected are the no-compromise high-performance alternatives.

And there are certain advantages the Analogue products have that the Retron 5 lacks. Retron 5 can't play Sega CD games, and isn't compatible with the original Sega CD hardware. Analogue's Mega SG can do that. Retron 5 can work with Master System games, but requires the original Power Base Convertor to allow for that support. The Mega SG comes with a cartridge adapter bundled, and got additional cartridge adapters later that included additional system support. And of course Analogue's continued software support has been consistent and provided fantastic compatibility, while Hyperkin's has been much more questionable.

If you need a quick, affordable means of accessing some old carts, the Retron 5 is able to provide that. If you are a long-term collector with a sizable amount of classic plastic, the Analogue systems provide much, much more.

#41 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2764 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:10 PM

Japanese variant showing OOS now. Guess I should have bought one last year!