* * * * - 3 votes

Slay the Spire (PS4/Xbox One) $7.99 New, $6.99 Used @ Gamestop

#31 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4741 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:02 AM

Best Buy wouldn't pricematch for me. GameStop isn't in their specific register list anymore. I don't want a physical copy badly enough to deal with the hassle of having a manager come verify stuff, but they've matched GS before, so that was an unwelcome surprise.

They have to price match since nationally Gamestop is considered a 'local competitor'.

#32 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:01 AM

They have to price match since nationally Gamestop is considered a 'local competitor'.

See, that's what I'd have said. But they had Target, Amazon, Walmart, etc in the list...and not GameStop. So the register jockey said 'nope' and I didn't have the spoons to fight her on it.

#33 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:32 AM

See, that's what I'd have said. But they had Target, Amazon, Walmart, etc in the list...and not GameStop. So the register jockey said 'nope' and I didn't have the spoons to fight her on it.

FWIW, my price match was done online through chat - no problems (done in less than 5 minutes, with store pickup selected). 

#34 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:23 PM

Never even heard of this game but I picked up a copy at my local GS. Looks like it has great reviews!

#35 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3034 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:27 AM

Went to BB to PM and they said they don't PM GS. I said they did it before and called a manager. Manager said do it as long as it is sold my GS. Got my game.