PSP firmware updates without battery

ajrobbin23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Hey all. I was just given a PSP 3001 from a friend who was just going to throw it away. The battery had swelled and is no longer operational. I have read buying a new battery is hit or miss due to the age of batteries sitting around. Is there a way to update the firmware on this guy to most current or a CFW to take advantage of the ability to get free old games from PSN/PS+?

I currently have FW 5.01. I have tried the L +Triangle trick and it isn’t working for me.

Thanks in advance guys!

Hey all. I was just given a PSP 3001 from a friend who was just going to throw it away. The battery had swelled and is no longer operational. I have read buying a new battery is hit or miss due to the age of batteries sitting around. Is there a way to update the firmware on this guy to most current or a CFW to take advantage of the ability to get free old games from PSN/PS+?

I currently have FW 5.01. I have tried the L +Triangle trick and it isn’t working for me.

Thanks in advance guys!
Can't you just run off the ac adapter without the battery installed? Granted, you'll be tethered to an outlet or a USB power bank.

bread's done
Back