- - - - -

CAGcast #627: Work From Home

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17852 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:12 PM

The gang talks home life, Doom Eternal, PS5 conference, and oh so much more!

Download (1 hr 7 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by feals! Become a member today by going to FEALS.com/CAGCAST and get 50% off your first order with free shipping!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (Kahikko x Jespr Remix)
Outro - The Dark Knight's End: "Not a Hero"

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

#2 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1072 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:23 PM

When the Joker said “I’m only burning my half”, that was a joke.

#3 Wombat   CAGcast or nothin CAGiversary!   2373 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:44 PM

When the Joker said “I’m only burning my half”, that was a joke.

Yes, he was making a joke, but the filmmaker was foreshadowing. It was two ideas at once. 

#4 AriesDog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

AriesDog

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:52 PM

Wombat, on your next Target run do yourself a favor and buy an Energizer Renewable charger and AA batteries. You'll save money and the environment.

#5 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:58 PM

We actually liked Frozen 2 better than the first. Like the songs better too. Maybe it grows on you after 50+ times.

#6 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7155 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:32 PM

Did Wombat buy all the Red Box pasta at Target? What's with hoarding the blue boxes?

I got to the part where Lemillion, the fallout looking kid, kicks butt in My Hero Academia. Instantly catapulted to one of my top slots.

#7 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17852 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:33 AM

Yes, he was making a joke, but the filmmaker was foreshadowing. It was two ideas at once. 

How come when I said this during the show you said I was wrong? 

#8 Wombat   CAGcast or nothin CAGiversary!   2373 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:00 PM

How come when I said this during the show you said I was wrong? 

I re listened, I only argued when you said the Joker ruined all the money. He does not ruin all the money.

#9 bickle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   822 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:02 PM

Wow, I never expected to hear a discussion of Zhang Yimou on here! His films have such a gorgeous, distinctive look to them. The first one I saw was Ju Dou. Filmed in Technicolor and set in a dye factory, the colors just pop. I’m sure that I watched To Live, but I can’t remember a thing about it. House of the Flying Daggers is one of my favorite films, period. And I have the Shadow bluray sitting next to me but I haven’t seen it yet.

Also, a very sincere thanks for this show. I look forward to it every week and this week it was a much needed 1hr respite from the news.

#10 Wombat   CAGcast or nothin CAGiversary!   2373 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:33 PM

Wow, I never expected to hear a discussion of Zhang Yimou on here! His films have such a gorgeous, distinctive look to them. The first one I saw was Ju Dou. Filmed in Technicolor and set in a dye factory, the colors just pop. I’m sure that I watched To Live, but I can’t remember a thing about it. House of the Flying Daggers is one of my favorite films, period. And I have the Shadow bluray sitting next to me but I haven’t seen it yet.

Also, a very sincere thanks for this show. I look forward to it every week and this week it was a much needed 1hr respite from the news.

Ju Dou and To Live are both 10 out of 10 on the depressing scale. 

#11 Docsamson   Old School CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2020 - 04:29 PM

Wouldn’t be a CAGCast without someone shitting on a great movie.

#12 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted 20 March 2020 - 05:33 PM

Airplane was rated PG because the PG-13 rating did not exist at the time. Steven Spielberg essentially authored that rating, as a compromise with the MPAA when he was editing Temple of Doom for release, since he felt it didn't warrant an R rating, and definitely couldn't exist within the normal PG.

#13 sohcahtoa guy   Boop beep. CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

sohcahtoa guy

Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:03 AM

First off, Wombat was spot on with the movie analysis! Secondly, Frozen 2's music gets a lot better after you hear it for a while (though not as good as the original).

Lastly, thought about doing more than one podcast a week during these pandemic-times? I am very grateful for the weekly podcast, but I would love to hear more random thoughts from you guys during the week. Love the show and thank you for the laughs and the cool perspective.