VASARA Collection $0.99 (reg. $9.99) on Steam/Nintendo Switch

Is there an updated list of FlipGrip games anywhere? The "frequently updated" list that FanGamer links to hasn't been touched in a year.

Not gonna lie, for .99 i got it and a few other penny fames, got like 6 games i was interested in for $5 or so haha

Anyone else on switch getting very noticeable lag? Its not very playable for me.
Technically I know it's there because every game has some small amount of input lag, but I've never noticed it while playing (never had a bomb input get eaten by lag for example). I've only played for 2-3 hours though and I'm definitely NOT a hardcore shmup guy, so it's possible that I'm just not sensitive to it. What control setup are you using? There can be a difference in input lag between connected joycons, wireless controllers, and wired controllers. Playing docked vs. undocked can affect things, too.

I'm playing on the Switch Lite, and I don't really notice much lag. All the characters are too slow though, in my opinion. That said, these are not the greatest shooters (and I've played my fair share). Plus, the fact that you can't remap controls from what I've seen makes the Tate orientations useless on the Lite. I'm honestly glad I only used $1 of my eshop credit on these and didn't buy the collection physically. 

Thinking of getting this as my first shmup, but in your (everyone’s) opinion, what wiuld be the best shmup for the switch now?

Sky Force Reloaded and whatever the other Sky Force is named. Those are my go to favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of getting this as my first shmup, but in your (everyone’s) opinion, what wiuld be the best shmup for the switch now?
I think Danmaku Unlimited 3 is a great place to start. Lots of options to make the game manageable and fun for people who don't want to spend dozens of hours mastering it on the hardest difficulty (although you can do that too if you want, it's just not my thing). The art style is sometimes a little plain compared to other games, but it also makes everything extremely easy to read and react to. Plus it's only $10. Vasara is fine, and for $0.99 you're not losing out on much anyway, but there are better shmups out there.

I also tried it out docked today and the lag is way more noticeable. I wouldn't personally call it unplayable, but anyone who's sensitive to input lag will definitely get pissed off.

Technically I know it's there because every game has some small amount of input lag, but I've never noticed it while playing (never had a bomb input get eaten by lag for example). I've only played for 2-3 hours though and I'm definitely NOT a hardcore shmup guy, so it's possible that I'm just not sensitive to it. What control setup are you using? There can be a difference in input lag between connected joycons, wireless controllers, and wired controllers. Playing docked vs. undocked can affect things, too.
I had a chance to play more today. Used it undocked, with connected joycons. Definitely alot of noticeable lag. I also have this on mame and tried it out right after playing the first level on switch. I dont see any options to adjust this unfortunately.

bread's done
Back